Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 05:23 PM   #821
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*Blink blink* Yeah...okay. I noticed. Thats why I want you to write for them. It appears that Alagos is the most level headed of th bunch, so thats why I chose to run into him.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #822
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That post was EXCellent, Gordis! That was the bomb!! Aiwendis looked captivatingly beautiful, and that whole scenario with the King's fangirls was like a flock of expectant seagulls, still warily following them like that even though the Chancellor scared them a little. It made me think of whta Prince William might have had to go through, when he was at school, if his school was co-ed. GREAT post.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #823
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks, Lotesse, I am so glad you liked it. I congratulate you on your edits, they are so smooth, even better than the original version. Please, write more for Buz.

Yes, poor royalties.

And the Chancellor saved Val from the fangirls to deliver him safe into Aiwendis's claws.

Val, Please continue. If you want some edits I am ready.
Also, please, note that the Chancellor has only 20 minutes between the lessons, so he will leave you to Aiwendis after a cup of coffee. She can lead you to the library via the back entrance (if you still want to go there of course )

And I have edited the prev. post:now there are two LL's - Elmir's nieces.

And Rian, I liked your Tyaron story!

Last edited by Gordis : 12-23-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #824
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, it's approx tues 930am or so ... me last day and i'm not on (enter stage left...) till 250 - or actually almost certainly somewhat later than that ... pm tuesday ...

whatddya reckon is the best course?

now, bumble is a tad eccentic anyway ...

technically i could of course write him and post it to Val (not being funny here ...but as i write this they are playing Elvis on the net replay of the jonahtan ross show on the beeb internet ) ... to post later ...

but i just don't think it will happen if i don't write it now .. hooooboy, i love very blank canvasses .... (thinks of lotsy and the mysterious Boom - a gloriously blank canvass ... look at it that way! )

... well, BB's on-line LIVE journal ..now they are playing Bowie's 'rebel rebel'... ideas are bouncing around far too fast ...

... oh man! this show is cracking me up! ... stephen fry on Bowie ... great stuff! (... and they're trying to cut to the news! ... oh dear, i'm trying to cencentrate here ... )

er...so any ideas? ... or just wing it to the hilt??

best all, BB

esp Udu, you great bear of an affronted likeable writer, you!

merry christmas guys and gals ... i come from an indomitable culture ..nothing gets me down in the pursuit of life, happiness and never giving up on people!

give up??? surrender?? NEVER!

belief is a powerful force, and a good heart, all you need!

well, i welcome your ideas ... but time is short - else, i will do me best.

btw ..IF Val decides not to take up Bumble (i really hope you DO!) ...then i'd like Serenoli to write Bumble for me, is that ok with you Serenoli?

[B]**edit**[/B]

well, i guess, time has run short, for me here ... i'll leave it to Val or Serenoli ...

goodbye all - it's been fun and i have enjoyed rpging with you all of you,

very best - and sincerely yours,

BB

and p.s ... welcome sun star, btw! ..sorry i hadn't got round to welcoming you here...

merry christmas dear fellow rpg-ers, one and all, and have a very good new year!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-23-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:01 PM   #825
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Alas, a star has been lost to us! Adios old BB! Hope you pop in from time to time!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #826
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Zooks! The University grounds have become quite the perilous place for the High King of the Dunedain!!

Gordis - you did fine, and yes - those names were OK (I had meant for any of the suggested ones to be fine - or anything else along those lines that you came up with). I'll try to get in a short follow-up.

BB - I am still very hesitant to touch any of your characters. For one, as I said - I'm already a bit over-stretched. For another, I don't think I have enough 'feel' for them to be able to do them justice. I really wish you'd reconsider.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:28 AM   #827
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

If Val doesn't take dear old Bumble, I will, but BB wants you to take it, so I think you should. Besides which, I'd be very scared to write him... I'm just not as funny as BB is!

Its Christmas Eve tonight, isn't it? We don't celebrate it here, but I suppose you're all enjoying it! Merry Christmas, BB and All!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 12-24-2005, 04:01 AM   #828
Valandil

OK - got my post in (but for now - it still shows like Gordis' post before mine is the last). Gordis - I take it that Gordis/Aiwendis would not have keys to the Library, would she? Probably no need for the ML to have given them to her, as he expected Sapthan to be available and guide him to what he requested, right? Otherwise, I can alter the post to him giving her the keys.

I don't have a clear sense of where in the Library that Rian, Khamul and Sapthan are - but hoped it wasn't unreasonable for Valandil to hear their voices.

Rian - you can write the King's arrival on the scene, if you like.

Serenoli - thanks for the Christmas wishes! As I say, I'm hesitant to take Bumble both because of time constraints, and because, like you - I just don't know if I could do him justice.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 12-24-2005, 11:34 AM   #829
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Val, WONDERFUL POST

I think there is no need to add anything about the keys. The library is supposed to be open from 9.30 or 10 and Sapthan is supposed to be there.

About "sniffling". I suggest you add "and Mahtaliel", as the other three were arguing and their voices plain to hear. It would take sniffling only to detect the silent Mahtaliel (And Elves smell so strongly to us, nazgul )

But, MOSTLY, I would like you to add some details about the route Aiwendis and Val have taken – see below- and change the part about entering the Library. You see, there is a great Hall on the ground floor. Once you pass the door, you see all the Hall, there is no place to hide. And I don’t think Galadannun, Rian and K were quarrelling in the Hall.

First, we ALL have to agree: where is the quarrel taking place? Up to now we had two posts with some details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD #680
"In here," replied Khamûl, looking around. "now."
"What?" replied Rian, shocked, that after what he had done he still had the nerve to tell her what to do.
"Now," replied Khamûl icily, waving the book in his hand forcing Rian to follow. "Come Sapthan."
"Why have you bought me in here?" asker Rian nervously, moving her hand towards a hidden dagger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMM #685
She lingered there, sitting beneath a tree and enjoying the sound of the fountain just around the corner.

Standing, she turned the corner to see Galadanunn, Sapthan, and Rian disappearing into an alcove; all three looking furious.
To me it seems like the quarrel is not taking place in the Library building proper, just in some "alcove" or quiet corner of the library yard. I propose to make it in a brown tower South of the Library (see big green arrow on my map below).

Events of the TUESDAY MORNING
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Dis/ThCenQ.jpg

As I see the events of this morning. Sapthan was sitting on a bench near the fountain (see "bench"), Rian came to the fountain, Khamul intercepted them near the bench and led them (marked in green) in a quite corner, to an empty guard room nearby.
Mahtaliel sat under a tree round the corner of the library (orange cross on the left of the Library) then heard voices from the fountain and followed (orange line) the company into the guard room.

Now Valandil and the Chancellor (blue line) went from the Engineering building to the library, but stalked by fangirls (rose line), turned left and went to the palace. Near the fountain they met Aiwendis (red cross). By that time the fangirls (rose crosses) were patrolling Bar Aran and even penetrated the first Palace court. So Aiwendis led Val around – (see red line) North of the Palace, out of the East Palace gate, across Bar Amrun, and into the library backyard.

Now there is a gate, on the right of the library, leading from the library backyard to its front yard (see red cross). I suggest you transfer your "heavy door opening – almost kissing" scene there. From there they will be able to hear, but not see the quarrel.

Is it OK for everyone??

Last edited by Gordis : 12-24-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #830
Valandil

Gordis - those changes are fine with me. I can't make them right now, but we can consider them made for game purposes. Honestly, I didn't refer to your nice drawings as I wrote - but kept the parts about where they were going vague enough that I thought it would work. So - you were OK with my handling of Gordis? I thought she'd be a little anxious still, because of her version of the dream - but had her work herself up to say what she did as they entered.

Maybe it's best I hold off on any change though - until we get everyone's consensus on where this is happening.

(EDIT: Wow! We took a rather circuitous route to the Library! )

Say - did you see the start of my new story?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 12-24-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #831
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Good morning, you guys! It's Christmas Eve today - Happy Christmas Eve!

Gordis & Val, I love your Valandil & Aiwendis exchange! That reads so well. I thought it was smooth; I figured that argument with Khamul Rian et alia was happening outside in a shady little hidden area, that's what I recalled, then re-reading the "alcove" part, well there you have it. Thank you again, Gordis, for doing all the fantastically detailed maps, and keeping track of all the important details. Seriously, I don't know where this RPG would be without you! Pretty lost in Tharbad, at least. Anyway, Val & Gordis, like I say I really loved the last 2 posts!

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-24-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:42 PM   #832
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Good morning, you guys! It's Christmas Eve today - Happy Christmas Eve!

Gordis & Val, I love your Valandil & Aiwendis exchange! That reads so well. I thought it was smooth; I figured that argument with Khamul Rian et alia was happening outside in a shady little hidden area, that's what I recalled, then re-reading the "alcove" part, well there you have it. Thank you again, Gordis, for doing all the fantastically detailed maps, and keeping track of all the important details. Seriously, I don't know where this RPG would be without you! Pretty lost in Tharbad, at least. Anyway, Val & Gordis, like I say I really loved the last 2 posts!
Just read your brand-new one, Gordis - so good. Chilling, for somer reason, nice & creepy, the stuff about Jas speaking Black in his sleep and the cold Channcellor standing right over him observing him like that, while he was asleep! That kind of thing gives me the creeps; I really have always hated the idea that someone could watch me as I sleep. Nice & creepy! Why was Jas speaking the Black speech; did Lilly rub it off on him?

Old 12-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #833
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Yes, it was very chilling! I got very scared for my sweet little Jas, when I saw the man approaching... I am starting to dislike the ML very much!! BTW, what if the ML actually makes him forget more than just the Black Speech? Give him slight amnesia... hmmm, that might actually be fun!!

Old 12-24-2005, 12:54 PM   #834
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Happy Christmas Eve, All!

Thanks,Lotesse, I am glad you liked the posts.
In the Singing Swan the day before, Lilly spoke one sentence in the Black Speech while countering Udu's painful spell. I had to search for it, back in the game.
Gashn-izg means "I command"
And the whole was "I command the magic shield to appear".
Only Jas had been near enough to hear Lilly's words. Now they give him nightmares.

Serenoli, I am happy to edit, if you like. Please continue. And PLEASE, make Jas forget the actual words. Let him only remember Lilly saying something scary, but not the words. I think Jas will tell the Chancellor the story? Up to you.
If he tells, the Chancellor will reply
"If you remember the actual words, tell me please, or ask Professor Galadannun, he knows all Rhunear dialects."

But it will be better for Jas NOT to remember, if you get my meaning...

Val I am glad how you handled Aiwendis, sounds all right to me. She is not a brazen fangirl, but she has to carry out her task.

No, I haven't seen your story. Where is it? I will have a look in the evening.

Now I have to run.

Cheers,
Gordis
Old 12-24-2005, 12:59 PM   #835
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
BTW, what if the ML actually makes him forget more than just the Black Speech? Give him slight amnesia... hmmm, that might actually be fun!!
If you want some amnesia, it is fine with me. I tried to make it clear that the ML had too little time for a nice precise purging of Jas's mind. So the work was done roughly and in a hurry. Yes, the ML might have wiped more than just a few words. Not that he will be sorry...

Last edited by Gordis : 12-24-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #836
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Val I am glad how you handled Aiwendis, sounds all right to me. She is not a brazen fangirl, but she has to carry out her task.

No, I haven't seen your story. Where is it? I will have a look in the evening.
The story is in the "Writers' Workshop" forum. It is called "Visitors Come to Court" - only first 2 of anticipated 7 chapters are up.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 12-24-2005, 04:08 PM   #837
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Nice posts you lot! An merry christmas eve to you too!
Old 12-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #838
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
The story is in the "Writers' Workshop" forum. It is called "Visitors Come to Court" - only first 2 of anticipated 7 chapters are up.
Great story, Val. I have just read your two chapters. So it begins somewhat West of the later Shire, if I recon right.
Celepharn didn't strike me as too bright, though. Must be very young?
The old man is Gandalf, isn't he?

That was a nice Cristmas present for us, mooters!
Please, continue!
Old 12-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #839
Serenoli

I just read it too, and I really liked it... and I liked it even more than the Letters of Firiel (?), which was pretty amazing, too. Very eager to read the rest!!

Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #840
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Serenoli, that was fantastic! It really was. What an amusing, cool scene that was, so fun to read, it was great! I really liked that. I liked this:

"And as for Jas, with his weak defenceless mind, a mind prone to forget things without any outside interfernce, not only forgot the words he had just uttered, but a sizeable portion of his past life as well."

That cracked me up! I wonder what Gordis will think; it'll be interesting to see how our Morgul Lord deals with having dealt too strong a blow, as it were. That was a lot of fun to read, Serenoli; your depictions & word usage were right on. MERRY CHRISTMAS, by the way, It's CHRISTMAS EVE!! I like Chrismas Eve much more than the actual Christmas day.

Closed Thread