Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #821
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Good Lord, Rian! But everyone is okay? That's amazing.

What did the cops say?

Astonishing, what some truckers try to get away with. I hope your toys are back on the road soon. (((((HUGS)))))

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #822
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Man, that's a nasty way to have your weekend ruined in a mere five seconds. Glad to hear no one's got hurt and that you've got witnesses to confirm the trucker messed up big time.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #823
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, they're all fine (so far, at least - sometimes it takes a few days) - the trailer took the vast majority of the force, and it tore off so the car was released. The cops said (unofficially, of course) that there's no doubt that it was the trucker's fault. I don't know what the official report will say, but with the witnesses and the fact that it was a rear-end hit, we should be OK.

My poor trailer! We had it so customized, too - put up lots of little extra hangers and shelves and things. It was our little home-away-from-home. I hope they realize it's smarter and cheaper to just replace what they ruined instead of trying to get out of it cheaply and risk a lawsuit.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #824
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I am this close to telling my boss to take this job and shove up his ass.

I was given the first step in the disciplinary process because I "was snapping everyone's heads off" and "Not being respectful toward others"

For one, I wasn't snapping everyone's heads off. Only a couple that haven't earned my respect. Every damn time one of the girls gets her feelings hurt, I end up in the ******* office. They automatically think its me. They keep it up they're gonna lose the one person that can get the machines up and running quickly and avoid downtime and loss of sales when they act up.

And the manger had the nerve to tell me he wasn't singling me out. Bull! Like I said earlier, every time someone gets their feeling hurt, I'm in the office. Even if its not me. I've been singled out because I won't kiss anyone's ass or let them walk all over me. I'm gonna shut up before I get really pissed off again.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #825
Acalewia

Sorry to hear about your accindent, Ri. I'm glad nobody was hurt

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #826
Mari
Elf Lady

You know, as a manager you'd be expected to chew everyone's head off once every while... new career possibility?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #827
Acalewia

I need a new one.

Thing is nobody's hiring except fast food. And I'm not going that route again

Old 04-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #828
Mari
Elf Lady

I was rejected for the MA I applied for. I'm not good enough.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #829
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Aww, Mari, I'm so sorry . That sucks.

But you need to remember that just because they didn't want you this time, that doesn't devalue the work you've already done, and it doesn't mean that you can't do it or that you wont find a better place to get your degree from.

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look
so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we
do not see the one which has opened for us." --Alexander Graham Bell

I think that's the quote. Either way. *HUGGLES*
Old 04-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #830
Mari
Elf Lady

Thanks Tess. I'm feeling a bit better about it now. I will call the uni on Monday to ask why I was rejected. I know I would do great in that programme, but how to prove it eh?

Old 04-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #831
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Keep angling at it, Mari. Good idea to follow up with it - it may be that with some tweaking, you'll find a more suitable approach to the MA programme. Best of luck.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #832
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I need to take a day of vocal rest because I practiced a little too much on Thursday, then sang at the concert, then I thought I would take Friday off but I ended up practicing anyways several times and then sang at the second concert.

I hate to take a day off even though I know my voice needs it, because I am painfully aware my competition either doesn't need to practice as much as I do, or they're practicing right now and getting ahead.

Boo.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #833
Mari
Elf Lady

Two and a half hours delay on a one and a half hour trip because of power shortage at the main station... I'm exhausted >_<

Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #834
BeardofPants
the Shrike

This is sorta a gripe, sorta not. There was some debacle where I owed taxes for a student loan in 2001 which I agreed to pay off that was somehow separate from my student loan proper (don't ask me how, I'm confused). Anyway, I got a letter last year saying that the student loan proper had all been paid off, but when I rang them to confirm, they said it hadn't, so I continued paying it off as well as entering a repayment scheme for the 2001 arrears. Anyway, I finished paying off the 2001 arrears and rang them to ask how much more was outstanding on my loan proper, and it turns out that when I got my letter last year saying that I'd finished paying off the student loan, that I actually had. So this whole time I've been making payments both towards student loan proper, and 2001 arrears when I should have just been paying off the arrears. GRR.

On the plus side, those ****ers now owe me $3,000.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #835
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Ugh - gov't paperwork!!! And the sad thing is that you can't fight them - they hold all the cards. Well, I'm glad you're getting the money back. Keep that letter, though!

Vent - so tired of physical therapy, and the progress is slowing. I might not get the inversion movement of the foot back, although it will still eventually be an overall improvement, I think. I've been going to PT for a year and a half now, with a break in the middle when they were trying to find the problem and then for surgery. I can't WAIT to be done with it! 3 times a week, 2 hours each time - a real time sink! But it definitely helps, so I can't stop going.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #836
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm losing my voice because of stupid drainage. It's either my allergies, or I'm getting sick. Either way, it's obviously making my vocal cords swell because I can't sing "over" it like I can if it's just drainage.

Did I mention I have my last voice lesson for the semester tomorrow and my final, graded, singing for this semester is on the 5th? Now is not a good time to get sick or lose my voice.

Stupid... grrrr.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #837
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I've been so nervous and excited about the idea of the opera program this summer, along with the stress of my finals this week, that I've given myself a horrible stomach ache today. Blergh... all I want to do is curl up and sleep.

I know it's dumb and unimportant, but I'm trying to decide whether I should tell the program director that I have a range up to the G4 because I'm pretty sure I'll have that note by then, or if I should just say it's up to the F4 because I know for certain I'll have that (I've mostly got it right now).

... I mean that's not what's REALLY worrying me. I know my actual fear is of being inadequate to the other students there. But it helps me to think about something that I feel like I have more direct control over, like my vocal range.

Plus there's a girl I kind of like, but she has a boyfriend. I'm trying to get her to come to the same opera program because I'd like to get to spend more time with her. But she's thinking about another opera program right now. Everyone who knows us keeps trying to get me to ask her out even though she has a boyfriend. I don't really like that so much, but even aside from that the problem is that she and I are good friends right now and I'd hate to screw that up by making her uncomfortable.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #838
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

They're firing my voice teacher. I almost started crying right there in front of all of the voice teachers when I found out because I felt like everything was just crumbling around me.

I know that whatever is meant to be will happen, with lots of prayer and work, but I can't help feeling a little desperate that the only person who has made real progress with my voice is leaving.

So now I'm scrambling to make sure that I don't get shafted and dumped into a studio I don't want. I think after having two teachers in two years I deserve preference in my selection this time.

Last edited by Tessar : 05-06-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:13 AM   #839
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Aww, hon, that sucks.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #840
Mari
Elf Lady

Tess, that sucks Do you know why he got fired? Just excess? >_<

I had a looooong day with way too busy kids who just got back from vacation and weren't entirely in the mood to tune the volume down and listen and when I got home I was told that my grandmother has been hospitalized... again. For the third time for the same thing. Can't they just kill those nasty bacteria in one go? >_<

Closed Thread