Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2003, 05:22 PM   #801
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

You can think what you wish, but you are not making any sense. Your viewpoint is exactly that of someone who knows very little about what evolution is really all about.

"to me,this is just MY opinion,even though I had to read all about evolution" I seriously doubt this.

You are ignorant about evolution - (ignorance = Lacking education or knowledge).

Will someone (maybe JD) please take his "if we came from monkies, why are there still monkies?"

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:26 PM   #802
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Giroth
Ah,I can see you support evolution and not creationism.And it is not my point of what
the scientists say,or what you say,
but about the past and what makes the MOStT sense.I mean,if we evolved from monkies,for one example,why are the monkies of today still monkies?
Because evolution doesn't just follow a straight path. It branches. Obviosly you must have failed if you were unable to grasp even this simple concept.
Quote:

And it is just silly sounding (to me,this is just MY opinion,even though I had to read all about evolution) that the scientists of today believe that all things and the universe changed from something else.it had to start somewhere.....someone HAD to create
the life.*sigh
Why did someone have to create it? We are only made up of chemical compounds. I may believe that we were created - but not by a supernatural being. I think it is more likely that we were created by some alien race than that there is a supreme being. Humans today create various life formns - does that make us god?
Quote:

well,I suppose the scientists don't want to base their all-around thoughts on one religion's
'theory'.Well,it's a free country;we can think as we wish,correct?
Religion doesn't have theories - it has beliefs. Creationism isn't a theory - because it has not scientific basis to it. Creationism is purely a belief.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:28 PM   #803
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
Will someone (maybe JD) please take his "if we came from monkies, why are there still monkies?"
I was typing my message above as you posted. I think I answered it in the simplist terms I could.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #804
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

"Why did someone have to create it? We are only made up of chemical compounds. I may believe that we were created - but not by a supernatural being. I think it is more likely that we were created by some alien race than that there is a supreme being. Humans today create various life formns - does that make us god?"~JerseyDevil

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

alien race,hm?well,I don't want to argue about that now tooI can grasp such comment about monkies,and branching evolution.It is just........impossible,to me,that that could happen.I laugh at evoution!hahahaaaa!!!!We are no gods.
Someone created life,period.and it couldn't be aliens......because THEY had to be created by someone as well.
*sigh............there is NO way that I can make any of you understand MY viewpoint.I am NOT stupid for not agreeing with you.You are NOT stupid for disagreeing with me.I appreciate your opinion,at least,even though you do not do the same for me.:P:P:P:P:P

Think as you will,but,in the end,I believe evoution is crazy and impossible.Period.Quote me all you want.Call me crazy all you want.That is MY belief.

Ah,a shame that someone such as myself would have to come in this thread with different viewpoints,eh?whahahahaaaa!!!!!!

Have a nice day,

~Giroth
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:38 PM   #805
HOBBIT

it never ceases to amaze me that you seem less intelligent with every post

but seriously, you are welcome to your beliefs....

You do realize that you are making little sense. Someone had to create aliens but no one had to create god?? um to quote you "LOL THAT MAKES NO SENSE HAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHA I LAUGH AT CREATIONISM" oh oops i made up that last part.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 06-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #806
jerseydevil

Quote:
Think as you will,but,in the end,I believe evoution is crazy and impossible.Period.Quote me all you want.Call me crazy all you want.That is MY belief.
And there is the point - it is your BELIEF. It has NO basis in scientific fact or study whatsoever.
Quote:

Ah,a shame that someone such as myself would have to come in this thread with different viewpoints,eh?whahahahaaaa!!!!!!
A lot of people on this thread have differnt view points - you're not alone. But you say that evolution doesn't make sense to you - it seems like a lot of it is because you just don't want to understand it. I don't understand Quantum Physics or a lot of things - it doesn't mean that the people who STUDY this aren't right.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-01-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:42 PM   #807
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

"it never ceases to amaze me that you seem less intelligent with every post"

my thoughts exactly about you,HOBBIT.......heheheh

jersey,I'm not the only one who believes it isn't true.It is the same for you.I could say it is just YOUR belief about evolution,but it isn't.

Do YOU realize you make no sense to me?Does that make YOU stupid?
I'll have respect for you.Have some for me,will you?

Besides,I'm a Christian.You could NEVER get me to believe this foolish evolution thing...oops,sorry........just my opinionLOLHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Have a nice day,

~Giroth

Last edited by Giroth : 06-01-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:43 PM   #808
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Giroth, I think I've seen the light. Finally, you have provided me with concrete evidence that devolving really does happen! Thank you!
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:46 PM   #809
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

Sheeana,

that is also nonsense.I will have to drop the idea that I can talk to you the same as everyone else here.No one here understands......pity

Ignorance............
Old 06-01-2003, 05:47 PM   #810
jerseydevil

Quote:
Besides,I'm a Christian.You could NEVER get me to believe this foolish evolution thing...oops,sorry........just my opinionLOLHAHAHAHAAAAAA
See that's the key problem - you're mind is closed. Science is about learning the TRUTH - not what you BELIEVE to be the truth. If evolution runs into a road block - they don't just give up - they look at why the pieces don't fit. Scientists work to DISCOVER THE TRUTH. You seem to be just happy living in the dark. I'm not - I want the truth.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-01-2003 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #811
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

It appears you want to live in the dark.You don't want to learn about MY belief,and I don't want to know anymore about yours.We have our thoughts,and that should be left at that

~Giroth
Old 06-01-2003, 05:52 PM   #812
jerseydevil

Quote:
It appears you want to live in the dark.You don't want to learn about MY belief,and I don't want to know anymore about yours.We have our thoughts,and that should be left at that
Obviously your just spamming - because if you read - I grew up going to Catholic school. I also have many freinds who only believe in Creationism. So you are obviously the one who has the closed mind - not me. I have looked at both sides. One takes blind faith in a supreme being (which I think is as likely as the Roman and Greek gods) or trust in science which attempts to find the truth without relying on belief. I pick Science - we're after the search for truth.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-01-2003, 05:55 PM   #813
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
It appears you want to live in the dark.
Giroth, I see your lights are on, but no one is home.

I will need to keep in mind that you are 14 years old and ignorant of all that is being said here. With that in mind, you asked a question about why there are still monkeys if we evolved from monkeys. We AND monkeys evolved from an earlier primate species. We are related to them through genetic makeup.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #814
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

I have viewed both sides as well...but I picked the one that made the MOST sense....and IS truth,in my opinion.

Ruinel,I respect your opinion too........but
I am not ignorant.I just don't believe what you believe.It doesn't make me stupid.Or you.I won't insult you,as you are doing to me.I'm bigger than that

I respect your thoughts,so let that go now.Respect mine,and we will be just fine

I have to go now.

Have a nice day,no hard feelings,
~Giroth

Last edited by Giroth : 06-01-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:01 PM   #815
HOBBIT

you obviously are ignorant because being ingorant does not mean that you are stupid.

Old 06-01-2003, 06:05 PM   #816
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I have viewed both sides as well...but I picked the one that made the MOST sense....and IS truth,in my opinion.

Ruinel,I respect your opinion too........but
I am not ignorant.I just don't believe what you believe.It doesn't make me stupid.Or you.I won't insult you,as you are doing to me.I'm bigger than that

I respect your thoughts,so let that go now.Respect mine,and we will be just fine

I have to go now.

Have a nice day,no hard feelings,
~Giroth
You are obviously ignorant of the word ignorant. I did not call you stupid, yet. Nor did I feel I was insulting you, yet. However, you are obviously unlearned in the theory of evolution. This is obvious in your posts. Which I understand because of your age and limited experience in this world.

No hard feelings.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:06 PM   #817
jerseydevil

Quote:
Can you believe supply me with scientific studies that support your belief?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-01-2003, 08:35 PM   #818
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
LOL

cassiopeia,

I believe I have the right to speak my mind here,as everyone else does.
You can rip my belief,therefore I have the right to do the same about evolution.
Don't let my thoughts offend you.I won't let your thoughts offend me.I believe
the earth was created by God long ago,
and that we didn't all just evolve from amoebas.Period.it doesn't add up whatsoever to me,and maybe MY thoughts don't add up for you.

Ah,and I am not ignorant.....I have to read about evolution already.It STILL doesn't add up.More is against that theory than there is with it.

oh,but this is all MY opinion,now,isn't it?Take it or leave it,friendsThank you.

~Giroth
You can speak whatever you want, I really don't care. But I was merely trying to point out that if I said something like "Creationism is a load of crap" (I am NOT saying that!), many people would get offended. People don't seem to mind saying that evolution in crap. Anyway, I was only joking, you can't offend me that easily.
And, as has been said on this thread many times, if God created us, who created God?
Great, keep your opinion. I happen to think you're wrong, but you're entitled to your beliefs. And I am trying to understand your beliefs, because I'm reading this thread, and I'm trying to read the Bible. And guess (thus far) which theory I think makes the most sense.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #819
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

This child's mind is already gone people. You cant save the brain washed. Dont waste your energies. And if you succeed in popping her determined bubble of creationism she may fall far and hard and hurt herself because she has no tether of reality to keep her stable once such a blow to her faith is delivered. Leave her be.

Anyway speaking of evolution and education anyone read the latest Scientific American? Interesting stuff if you follow human evolution.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 12:13 AM   #820
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Anyway speaking of evolution and education anyone read the latest Scientific American? Interesting stuff if you follow human evolution.
I haven't gotten my hands on it yet. What did it say?