FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 11:35 PM   #801
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Strategory! lol, SNL ruled during the Elections
you should see how they're making fun of the UN, France and Germany. I need to make sure I watch it tomorrow. Oh - they were also making fun of the peace demonstrators.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #802
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
you should see how they're making fun of the UN, France and Germany. I need to make sure I watch it tomorrow. Oh - they were also making fun of the peace demonstrators.
LOL, I definitely need to check it out, I haven't seen SNL in the longest time. All the good people left!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-14-2003, 11:42 PM   #803
jerseydevil

Quote:
LOL, I definitely need to check it out, I haven't seen SNL in the longest time. All the good people left!
I know - I haven't either because of the same reason. But ABCNews had it on the Nightline last night. It was hilarious.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #804
jerseydevil

cartoons...

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-15-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:22 AM   #805
jerseydevil

Ironically this cartoon is the truth...

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-15-2003 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:27 AM   #806
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

*is thankfull that the thread has descended into parady*

*Hopes that reality can be seen in such a light*

History records, not only for prosperity.........but also for folly........

Beatallica
Old 02-15-2003, 12:39 AM   #807
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Jeez, I'm surprised you people haven't had enough to say yet.

I mean it's mainly Cone-Jerseydevil and pop ins from other people.

Can't this just be over and done?

Note: cute cartoons. * a mixture of admiration and exasperation* Most guys use up the 5,000 words with orders and sports(not to mention any sort of sexual talk) I'm at least happy you have something important to talk about!
Old 02-15-2003, 12:40 AM   #808
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
*is thankfull that the thread has descended into parady*

*Hopes that reality can be seen in such a light*

History records, not only for prosperity.........but also for folly........
yeah - folly for France not supporting it.

Someone just sent me this joke...
Quote:
"I've heard that they don't have fireworks at euro-disney because apparently every time they went off, France surrendered."

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-15-2003 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:13 AM   #809
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
By far the best one! LOL! Thanks captain obvious! lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-15-2003, 02:46 AM   #810
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hey man, you forgot about the joke that there's no way that Iraq is producing anything that's worse than living next to New Jersey.

I'm losing patience with my neighbours, Mr Bush

Terry Jones
Sunday January 26, 2003
The Observer

I'm really excited by George Bush's latest reason for bombing Iraq: he's running out of patience. And so am I!

For some time now I've been really pissed off with Mr Johnson, who lives a couple of doors down the street. Well, him and Mr Patel, who runs the health food shop. They both give me queer looks, and I'm sure Mr Johnson is planning something nasty for me, but so far I haven't been able to discover what. I've been round to his place a few times to see what he's up to, but he's got everything well hidden. That's how devious he is.

As for Mr Patel, don't ask me how I know, I just know - from very good sources - that he is, in reality, a Mass Murderer. I have leafleted the street telling them that if we don't act first, he'll pick us off one by one.

Some of my neighbours say, if I've got proof, why don't I go to the police? But that's simply ridiculous. The police will say that they need evidence of a crime with which to charge my neighbours.

They'll come up with endless red tape and quibbling about the rights and wrongs of a pre-emptive strike and all the while Mr Johnson will be finalising his plans to do terrible things to me, while Mr Patel will be secretly murdering people. Since I'm the only one in the street with a decent range of automatic firearms, I reckon it's up to me to keep the peace. But until recently that's been a little difficult. Now, however, George W. Bush has made it clear that all I need to do is run out of patience, and then I can wade in and do whatever I want!

And let's face it, Mr Bush's carefully thought-out policy towards Iraq is the only way to bring about international peace and security. The one certain way to stop Muslim fundamentalist suicide bombers targeting the US or the UK is to bomb a few Muslim countries that have never threatened us.

That's why I want to blow up Mr Johnson's garage and kill his wife and children. Strike first! That'll teach him a lesson. Then he'll leave us in peace and stop peering at me in that totally unacceptable way.

Mr Bush makes it clear that all he needs to know before bombing Iraq is that Saddam is a really nasty man and that he has weapons of mass destruction - even if no one can find them. I'm certain I've just as much justification for killing Mr Johnson's wife and children as Mr Bush has for bombing Iraq.

Mr Bush's long-term aim is to make the world a safer place by eliminating 'rogue states' and 'terrorism'. It's such a clever long-term aim because how can you ever know when you've achieved it? How will Mr Bush know when he's wiped out all terrorists? When every single terrorist is dead? But then a terrorist is only a terrorist once he's committed an act of terror. What about would-be terrorists? These are the ones you really want to eliminate, since most of the known terrorists, being suicide bombers, have already eliminated themselves.

Perhaps Mr Bush needs to wipe out everyone who could possibly be a future terrorist? Maybe he can't be sure he's achieved his objective until every Muslim fundamentalist is dead? But then some moderate Muslims might convert to fundamentalism. Maybe the only really safe thing to do would be for Mr Bush to eliminate all Muslims?

It's the same in my street. Mr Johnson and Mr Patel are just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens of other people in the street who I don't like and who - quite frankly - look at me in odd ways. No one will be really safe until I've wiped them all out.

My wife says I might be going too far but I tell her I'm simply using the same logic as the President of the United States. That shuts her up.

Like Mr Bush, I've run out of patience, and if that's a good enough reason for the President, it's good enough for me. I'm going to give the whole street two weeks - no, 10 days - to come out in the open and hand over all aliens and interplanetary hijackers, galactic outlaws and interstellar terrorist masterminds, and if they don't hand them over nicely and say 'Thank you', I'm going to bomb the entire street to kingdom come.

It's just as sane as what George W. Bush is proposing - and, in contrast to what he's intending, my policy will destroy only one street.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:52 AM   #811
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Hey man, you forgot about the joke that there's no way that Iraq is producing anything that's worse than living next to New Jersey.
I'm supposed to be offended by that from someone who hasn't even been to the US - let alone to New Jersey? I expected better insults than that from you.

Too bad the story has a very simplistic tone to the whole situation. If nothing is done now - when Iraq does finally have all the weapons he feels he needs to hold the middle east hostage and he comes out and admits it - it'll be too late. Then the world will be asking us to solve a LARGER problem. I personally hope that that we turn our back and tell the world to go to hell at that point and give them the phone numbers for France and Germany. Let them take care of the even bigger problem.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-15-2003 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:00 AM   #812
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
I'm supposed to be offended by that from someone who hasn't even been to the US - let alone to New Jersey? I expected better insults than that from you.
Nope. Can't say I can claim this one. It was some guy on a US comedy thing that they were showing on the news.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:41 AM   #813
Elvellon
Elf Lord

Quote:
I'm not talking about the populations supporting us. The public doesn't - the governments do however.

I obviously didn't make it clear enough since Elvellon didn't understand either. I realise the people don't stand behind the US position - that is very clear. But the US doesn't work with the people of those countries - we work with those countries' governments. It's their responsibility to deal with their citizenry.

The people can be anti-American and resort to American bashing while at the same time their governments support and stand by our positions - which the majority of European GOVERNMENTS do.
If Europeans were Anti–American we would not have supported your action in Afghanistan and in other occasions before, we simply do not abdicate of having free will and good sense.

Reality is just an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

The Caffeine Mantra
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of Brazil that the thoughts aquire speed,
The hands aquire shaking,
the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion...

Elvellon Erelion

Last edited by Elvellon : 02-15-2003 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:34 AM   #814
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

*re-reads the last couple of pages*

Not a bad nights work!

JD+Dunedain.......my congratulations.......I haven't seen the "flooding" tactic used on a message board before

Beatallica
Old 02-15-2003, 01:17 PM   #815
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellon
If Europeans were Anti–American we would not have supported your action in Afghanistan and in other occasions before, we simply do not abdicate of having free will and good sense.
Good sense? Being reactive instead of proactive?

You can be like that - but we're going to be going to war in the first week in March. That is very clear. YWe're not going to wait for Saddam Hussein to build up his weaponry like North Korea did or the way Europe allowed Hitler to do. We're not going to wait for Saddam Hussein to start supplying terrorists with biological and chemical weapons, in order to take action.

And in Europe - plenty of American bashing has gone on for many many decades. It's the great European pastime. On the many past entmoot anti-American threads - let's see some of the things we were bashed with. Americans are lazy, we're fat and stupid. We don't bother learning languages (no matter that we live in a hemisphere where only 3 languages are mainly spoken - and French is only in Quebec). America has no culture. America is evil and has never done anything good in this world (that one was repeated over and over - even by some people who are still on this board). I wish that Ben hadn't deleted all the Anti-American threads - then you'd see why I'm lashing out so much on it. Now everyone is trying to back pedal and act like there has never been any American bashing.

I know how Europe (particularly France) has their hand out for the American tourist dollar while at the same time under their breath saying "Damn uncultured Americans".

As more Americans really find out what Europe thinks of us - maybe few will be so willing to hand over our tourist dollars to the people who accuse us of being lazy and everything. We have a great country which is larger than all of Europe (that's not even taking into account Alaska or Hawaii) - Americans should explore it more and stop spending so much money in Europe just to be put down the moment we turn our back. As I said - schools here have already started cancelling their trips to France and Germany (not as really political statement - but they're concerned about the students safety in those countries)

It's very funny by the way - how the demonstrators against the war are trying to convince us "We don't have any anti-American feelings - this isn't about American bashing - this is because we're against the war." No - your right - the demonstration USED to be American bashing - bu now Europe doesn't want the backlash of the American tourists cancelling trips and not spending money there. It'll actually affect your economy worse than it already is. It's about time Americans started boycotting countries who didn't appreciate us all these years.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-15-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #816
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I am not trying to knock Europeans or those around the world, as I don't think everyone is Anti-American, but over the past few months some of my views have changed as far as US policies, especially after the latest UN Security Council hearing. I have never been for US Isolationism, however I would absolutely love for the US to become Isolationist and pull out from every place across the world that we are. That way we can build stronger bonds with Canada & Mexico and have the North American continent the safest place to be. Also, it would let the world deal with their own damn problems, since it is obvious the world is ungrateful for the peace we provide them day in and day out. If we were Isolationists, the world would go to utter chaos, and then we'd have all the countries that stabbed us in the back begging for our help once again. I would absolutely love to see that happen, not for other countries or people to be in danger, but just to say "I told you so" and because spite rules.

--Linaewen
Old 02-15-2003, 02:19 PM   #817
jerseydevil

Quote:
I am not trying to knock Europeans or those around the world, as I don't think everyone is Anti-American, but over the past few months some of my views have changed as far as US policies, especially after the latest UN Security Council hearing. I have never been for US Isolationism, however I would absolutely love for the US to become Isolationist and pull out from every place across the world that we are. That way we can build stronger bonds with Canada & Mexico and have the North American continent the safest place to be. Also, it would let the world deal with their own damn problems, since it is obvious the world is ungrateful for the peace we provide them day in and day out. If we were Isolationists, the world would go to utter chaos, and then we'd have all the countries that stabbed us in the back begging for our help once again. I would absolutely love to see that happen, not for other countries or people to be in danger, but just to say "I told you so" and because spite rules.
I feel the same way. I wasn't always for isolationism - but as I started looking at world politics and how ungrateful the European continent has been with our tax dollars and how condescending many of them are toward Americans and our culture and way of life - I've started to say "screw it - take care of your own damn problems."

I think we should help out Mexico - expand NAFTA and create a free trade block that extends from Canada to Mexico. Boosting Mexico out of third world status is also the only way to stop the flood of illegal immigration. We should worry about the western hemisphere. Help mexico and work southward and help South America get out of their poverty. We're wasting time on continents half a wold away who have nothing but contempt for us. We sholuld worry about our neighborhood. Let Europe worry about the Middle East - we only get a fraction of our oil there - while they get the majority of theirs there. We can get ours from South America while we work on renewable energy sources.

The amazing thing is - most Americans - not just me are starting to talk like this. It's time to stop propping up and helping out a bunch of ingrates.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-15-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:37 PM   #818
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
The amazing thing is - most Americans - not just me are starting to talk like this. It's time to stop propping up and helping out a bunch of ingrates.
bye then. you can start now if you like.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:51 PM   #819
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Wow. I love the double standards. Don't bash America, but we are alowed to bash Europeans, and other respective non-US countries? *shakes head.*
Old 02-15-2003, 05:55 PM   #820
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

First of all, I don't see any bashing of Europeans, at least not from my mouth. I am disappointed, as I said, in those countries that have begged us to help them in the past and then whenever we need help, they turn the other way. This even happened on September 11th with some countries!

--Linaewen
Closed Thread