Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #801
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I met a really cool lady today, guys! She's a soprano who specializes in early music, and she's spent the last ten years in Europe performing Baroque operas. How cool is that? O_o

She also knows all of this stuff about Asian medicine that's really neat, and she's a pretty incredible vocal technician from what I've been told. She's really cool .
Old 08-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #802
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Wow, she DOES sound really cool!

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #803
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden

My life is depressing.
My love is diceased.
I saw an monster.
Of that I'm sure.
She tried to eat me.
She gave me a scare.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're hideous. You're hideous.
You're hideous, it's true.
You’re quite the beast,
And I don't like you the least,
I don’t want to be with you.

Yeah, she ate my eye,
As I walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
in great pain,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
Cause she gulped the other eye..

You’re quite the beast,
And I don't like you the least,
I don’t want to be with you.

There must be an monster with blood on her face,
But she figured that I should be with her.
And it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUaWiy_QXc

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-17-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #804
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Not much activity here in the Teacup, huh?

And that is one interesting photo, Grey Wolf.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #805
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

I bought Emilie Autumn's cd today, I found her music in youtube. Enjoying it right now. And my job's quite cool. Nothing too heavy, I know the teachers, the times are fair...
Old 08-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #806
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Greetings everyone! Long time no post.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #807
hectorberlioz

Hey everyone! I am physically and mentally forcing myself to finish the newest Teacup Mystery tonight. I'm not sure if everyone here is familiar with it, but the link in my signature will lead you to the relevant thread.

It's pretty long already and not even finished, so I'll have some editing to do as well. I'll post it late this evening, hopefully.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-19-2009, 02:56 AM   #808
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
Good morning, Amael! Good to see you posting - how are your twins doing now? I bet they're adorable. Babies are so cute.

I think this place needs some more tea. *makes some*
Now all we need is biscuits.
Babies are cute too, when they toss objects as if they were F-18's being catapulted off an aircraft carrier! They have come to enjoy that, yes they have, much to my dismay!

But seriously, they're coming along fine. I had a lot of... issues in the past months since I had the kids. I didn't expect I'd be one to give in so abruptly to the dark effects that it has on the mind, especially during a couple of months in late spring when I became not all too different than Sauron! I recovered since then, but not completely. Things such as believing the world is doing its best to torture, rule, or kill me. Stuff like that! It's actually a lot worse than it sounds and it was close to affecting my marriage, mainly because if I killed myself, then that would have effectively ended the marriage. And that's what every waking hour was like for about two months or so. Ja.... not the best of times, I can assure anyone of that. But disaster was averted, narrowly. The idea of it spread to my hubby, so he ended up enormously suicidal, but for a few days whereas my issues lasted for weeks and weeks and weeks. But he's always had problems with depression that haven't completely gone away for, wow, as long as I've known him!

Things have returned to normal for the most part, yet due to my symptoms, I lost a few friends and it still has an impact on me now as they are not likely to ever understand anything as it is (they're goofy in more ways than one). Yet other friends I kept. And so perhaps everything worked out as it should. Friends are great, unless they're what I like to call "frenemies" who are just no different than enemies disguised as friends. Sure fooled me!!

Then in July the headaches began. Then they ended in a couple of weeks, then began again for a week. Now that seems to have gone away too, fortunately!

My aunt died earlier this month, and not in the best way. I didn't know her all that well for the past few years, but she went way too early on, and I'll feel that loss for quite some time I would imagine.

This has got to be probably one of the worst years of my life. The kids and my husband, they help take the edge off of it. But not completely. Anymore, I just don't care what happens, or if everything ends in nuclear war a week from now. There's depression, then anger, then emptiness. I'm in the emptiness phase. Hopefully I can get out of that. I've lately had moments of clarity that were just how I used to be before all this, but that is mingled with feelings of regret for, I don't know what, and then the emptiness of course.

I felt more happy over the past week though. I just hope this isn't some temporary lift of the pain. The twins were my first-ever kids, so that being said, it's a lot to carry for anyone. How do those who have triplets or God-forbid more deal with it?

Overall, I liked to lull myself into a sense of satisfaction, that all the pain was justified for all that is present in life now. But there are some ways in which it isn't, ya know? I mean, if I was going to sound completely happy about the whole idea, I'd say it was all completely and totally worth it. But if I'm to be honest, completely honest, then I'd say that it's not all it's cracked up to be. I know I'll feel better and better as time marches on, but for now I'm 75% hollow, 10% sad, and only 15% happy. It's a lot more than I was last month, or the months before. But I hope I recover a bit more quickly than this from here on out. I'm even on medicine now, but medicine is one of those things that doesn't affect me too much, either way. I don't get bad reactions like most, but I don't get very much relief either. It's a dual-edged blade, a darker and a lighter side. It's very much a night and day, mania-dementia type of feeling.

Anyway, I believe I'm feeling more myself than I have for a while, which probably isn't very evident by what I posted. You take the good with the bad I suppose. I just wish I could rely more on what my senses of which majority the next day would bring, either more good than bad or more bad than good. Then I'd be mighty-prepared!! Or maybe not. Intellectually, I've found that knowing is often the same as not knowing, because knowing sometimes yields little use, other than to prepare one for the inevitable ...

I'm going to try to get back and involved, truthfully this time, in Long Lost Leaves Rpg. I really honestly have no other dedications on "teh interwebs" at this time. I was doing some stuff on Youtube for a while there, but I kinda got bored with that too. LOL!! What's done in bed, to put it as appropriately as possible, it never gets boring for me. LOL!! But most other things have lost their luster in recent months. I liked to play tennis, swim, even golfing. I lost interest in that during the whole thing. I even lost interest in maintaining a garden, and stuff. Fortunately I didn't lose interest in running laps at the local school track, or taking walks. Anything that involves talking keeps my interest enough, and keeps me occupied and away from bad thoughts or otherwise emptiness. Which is why this post is so long!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:22 AM   #809
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Ahhh been in Hawaii for three weeks, so I haven't been on much. (I'm still here, mind you). It's so wonderful out here, I can't even explain it! I've sampled The Big Island, Maui, Kauai, and now Oahu! But, I've had so much fun, I come home on Saturday - & I'm pretty ready. School starts back up which I'm excited, Senior year! Whoohoo! (I've still got summer assignments to do & only four days to do finish!). Anyway, so I saw the love of my life today @ the airport in Kauai/Oahu. At our gate (from Kauiai to Oahu), I sat down and pulled out the Fellowship of the Ring when he comes and sits down and pulls his Fellowship of the Ring out! He's pretty gorgeous too, 'bout the same age as me. However, it's an unspoken love - perhaps some things aren't meant be *le sigh*. But it was a magical hour & a half of lust.

Oh! When I was on the Big Island, I saw a Tolkien bumper sticker that said "Not all who wander are lost", which happens to be one of my favorite quotes, i wanted that so bad, I almost died when I saw it. (& I really want this shirt http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...REL&prepushId= ).

Anyway, I'm done rambling, I'll be here more often - hopefully. I love you all
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #810
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

MBC
proudly presents

The new and thrilling...

MIDDLEEARTH MURDERS!!

(and since Hector has proven so adept at coming up plots and stories I leave it in his capable hands to develope the spin off from the famous crimi series starring John Nettles.)
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #811
hectorberlioz

GW, sounds like a lovely idea! But I'm still fighting to get this third story finished

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 AM   #812
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
MBC
proudly presents

The new and thrilling...

MIDDLEEARTH MURDERS!!

(and since Hector has proven so adept at coming up plots and stories I leave it in his capable hands to develope the spin off from the famous crimi series starring John Nettles.)
Cool!

Since we last left the criminal investigation team consisting of Aragorn and Faramir, they were working on trying to find out if a secret guild of assassins was operating within Ithilien!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:21 AM   #813
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Seems a bit of a shame, though, to present such an interesting idea and then suggest somebody else should write it alltogether. Why don't you try your hand at it, GW?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #814
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Wait, wait... does that mean that in these stories, people will be periodically killing off US?

That's scary...

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #815
Earniel

Hm, point. And usually, there's quite a body count in Midsummer Murders... Maybe we can use a couple of more anonymous mooters that only posted once and were never seen or heard of again? A bit like the red-shirts in Star Trek?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #816
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I guess that could be WHY they never posted again... I think it's much more credible for the mooters to be the murderers. Seems like something we all would do, don'tcha think?

Aside: I had completely forgotten about the rule! *abuses it... for two more seconds*

Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #817
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Setebos, Setebos, and Setebos!
'Thinketh, He dwelleth i' the cold o' the moon.

'Thinketh, He made it, with the sun to match,
But not the stars; the stars came otherwise;
Only made clouds, winds, meteors and such as that:
Also this isle, what lives and grows thereon,
And snaky sea which rounds and ends the same.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:40 AM   #818
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Seems a bit of a shame, though, to present such an interesting idea and then suggest somebody else should write it alltogether. Why don't you try your hand at it, GW?
Well, i could of course. Where would it be best inserted. Writer's or RPG?
Old 08-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #819
Earniel

That depends on how you intend to tackle it, I'd say. If you intend to write the story yourself (or with some help), the Writer's Workshop is the place, if you intend to gather a group of people who will only write the part of their own character in the story, then it belongs in the RPG-forum.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #820
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

oki!

Then Ill make it into a rpg. First and foremost creating a discussion thread.

Thanks for helping me, Earn!
Closed Thread