Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #801
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Oh - Gordis - here are some possible "L" names - tell me what you like (or mix-and-match for variations):

Laurewen .... golden maiden
Luinisil ........ blue moon
Loteniel ...... flower maiden (garlanded)
Lindebeth ... song word (word-of-song)
Lossoniel .... snow maiden (garlanded)

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #802
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Anyway - meanwhile, I have Val likely headed toward the library soon after class gets out at about 9:30... so he should find an interesting spectacle when he arrives. I also left opportunity for him to make his other 'thank you' comment to the ML after class.

LSP / Lotesse - I had Penny on time for class at 8:00 am. Should I write him out of my post? If he doesn't like rising early, he shouldn't have signed up for an eight am!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #803
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Lotesse, Khamûl is teaching Military History.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM   #804
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Anyway - meanwhile, I have Val likely headed toward the library soon after class gets out at about 9:30... so he should find an interesting spectacle when he arrives. I also left opportunity for him to make his other 'thank you' comment to the ML after class.
Yes the chancellor should direct Val to the Scriptorium, that is open from 9.30 or 10, and tell him to ask Sapthan, the assistant librarian, to fetch him the books he wants. Normally, people are not allowed into the library proper.

Val I will edit my post and continue later. If you wish to continue, feel free to insert the Chancellor's words into your post.

Re: names
I prefer Loteniel ...... flower maiden (garlanded) and Lossoniel .... snow maiden (garlanded) if you don't mind. OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
LSP / Lotesse - I had Penny on time for class at 8:00 am. Should I write him out of my post? If he doesn't like rising early, he shouldn't have signed up for an eight am!
Sorry, LSP and Lotesse Penny-Buz should be at the Bridge-Building lesson, it is in the schedule: 8-9.30.
Apart from Val mentioning meeting him at the Lesson, CrasySquirrel put in her post that Buz left for the class early, pinning a note on the pillow. And in my post about the lesson I described the "Dark handsome young man with a thin moustache, in the 2 row" - that woud be Penny.

And really how a nazgul can miss a lesson given by the Captain?

So, Lotesse could you, please, insert the part describing the lesson in your Penny post?
You may leave his talk with Zimra - a pre-lesson early morning one (I LOVED that one by the way - he is exactly like me in the mornings ) , and make him overhear the Lil-Viv conversation after the lesson.

Actually, I would love to see your POV on the interesting happenings in the class! , Lotesse!

As for Sane she can leave Penny in her post, as he should be back around 10. I believe, the best way is not to edit the post, but just move the time from 9.00 to 10.00

And they were KILLER POSTS, Lotesse and Sane. You work so fine together!

Last edited by Gordis : 12-23-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #805
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

WONDERFUL post, Serenoli! Hilarious!

Please, post more often, always a pleasure to read your posts.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #806
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Looks like I amy not be able to post today because I'm going away until the 27th/28th but I may be able to get internet connection sometime while I'm away.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 PM   #807
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Gordis & good morning all! I made the alteration for Buz in #686; I made it so he went to class and came back right after class - I hope it works O.K. but I kept the scene in Orrodel for the time being. I can write some classroom scenes a little later, for both Buz in the ML's class and Viv in Uncle Khamul's class.

And Serenoli, What a great post! So, Jas had a bit of a hangover, yes? I like how he likes to sleep in the wine cellar, and his total alcoholicism with the bunny slippers and everything, priceless! I was hoping you'd write something again soon, and that was worth the wait!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-23-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #808
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah
I have filled in the post on the previous page #679. Rian, its up to you to continue the convo. I will edit it if you dont want Alagos to remember Raendil. And In Imladris, I dont think Alagos would have spoken about his believed-to-be-dead sister, so Raendil would be in for a surprise when he finds out.
I love the post! The meeting and conversation was perfect, and you worked in everything really nicely (Imladris, Valandil, etc.), and I really wanted a practice place for my Elves. It's perfect! And Ray letting Alagos ride his horse - that was nice! I'm sure Alagos had the same look in his eyes that I do when I'm next to a nice horse and wanting to ride it, and Ray read that look. Alagos and Tyaron will be getting their own horses soon, I'm sure - if I can't have one in RL, I'll have one (or 3, I guess) in rpg-life I'll work that into the conversation - Ray prob. knows where to get some good horses. I prob. can't continue the convo until after Christmas, tho, but I"ll be composing it in my head or if you have time on-line, you go ahead with it - just remember Alagos has to get back by 6 or so for Rian to do the braiding.

Val - yes, I noticed you had the rhyming down, too - nice!

TD - no problem, I prob. can't post any more until after Christmas, either - enjoy your trip!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-23-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #809
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Rian - that was an interesting post, but kind of confusing, I mean, is he drawing pictures of his dagger? And how come? I'm not sure I really understand what he's up to... could you explain? Is he fantasising about killing himself with it, or - or how come he's drawing pictures of his dagger? I've read that post several times, and still I just don't get it.

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-23-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:35 PM   #810
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Lotesse and Gordis, Thanx! That means a lot to me! And I would also like to write more, but sometimes I don't get any inspiration, and recently, with all the tempers running high... didn't feel like the right time. And, All, I'm sorry that I don't always come and praise the writing, because I do love reading them and if you are at all like me, then I know how lovely it is to recieve feed-back. I'll try harder!

And Lotesse, I think Tyaron is actually designing a dagger, he's planning to make a new one to give to some guy he met.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 12-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #811
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I had that problem too, thats why at first I put zimra opening the door. I'll edit him out and put her back in if it is so wished. Bridge building ends at what time? Because Ray came over around nine sharp.

EDIT: Great post Serenoli! I had a laugh, it reminds me of my uncle!

Lotesse, I think the whole thing with the dagger is about having something to take his mind off of his death wish and Rian. The dagger he is sketching is a present for a young man. He has been commisioned to make one dagger and etch it, which he has decided to do and then promptly leave Rian and Alagos for the grey havens. He still wishes he was dead, but since he hasnt gotten his wish, he'll just leave.

Or so i picked up, at least.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-23-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:52 PM   #812
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

9.30 am actually

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 12-23-2005, 03:53 PM   #813
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Eh, then I could always change the time in my post, thanks for telling me. *edits post*
Old 12-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #814
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It says 8 -9:30, so they get out at 9:30. I changed #686 this morning, but the part about Buz opening the door I would HATE to see go; I really liked That part. Can't we keep it? Can't we have it that Buz had gotten back from class himself just a few minutes prior, and was heading back up to his study with the bottle he brought up from the cellar, when he heard the doorbell & got the door and it was Ray? All this would be happening around 9:45 or 10:00 AM I suppose. Is this all o.K. with you, Shah?

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-23-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #815
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes, i edited the post and it fits. The exchange stays, I quite liked it myself.

*Pokes Rian with patented Pester Stick* Hoy, you write the scene with Alagos Ray and Marty? *poke poke* Its a fun bit of interaction!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:45 PM   #816
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Rian - that was an interesting post, but kind of confusing, I mean, is he drawing pictures of his dagger? And how come? I'm not sure I really understand what he's up to... could you explain? Is he fantasising about killing himself with it, or - or how come he's drawing pictures of his dagger? I've read that post several times, and still I just don't get it.
Just for fun, I've been purposefully making Tyaron's story rather vague by leaving explanations that could be taken two ways spread out bit by bit over several posts, and I thought I had pulled it together in this post, but apparently not so I'll try to do a better job now and just explain it straight out. Sorry it was so unclear! Let me know if this makes sense:

It started when he decided to leave Rian in Tharbad to hopefully make her realize that she liked him, because she would miss him. But as he rode away, he kept thinking about how she had continually, repeatedly rebuffed his advances over the years, and even though she had let him kiss her this time, it was only because he had sang to her until she was under his spell (she's strongly Elvish in the matter of singing), and after that, she had returned to rebuffing him. So in the way that some people do, he went from very hopeful to completely giving up, and that set him up for the encounter with the dark-haired girl - he hadn't been intending it, but when it came to him, he just went for it (my daughter is like that - when she's moody and does something wrong, she just totally goes for it big time!) because he felt like there's nothing left to lose.

Then the next post was the very short one where Tyaron goes to "the man" (I hate inventing names, I'm so rotten at it ) and if you re-read it, you'll see in their words that the man had wanted him to do something and he didn't, then after his time with the dark-haired girl, he changed his mind. That was one of my favorite posts - I thought the dialog was great, IMHO *tries to look modest* It's post #546, and I specified that he left the house with a dagger that was NOT his own. It was the man's dagger that he wanted Tyaron to engrave for his son.

Then he was staring at the dagger for 2 reasons - first, because he longed for his own death and a dagger would be the type of thing he would want to stare at in that mood, as he was fantasizing about dying, but secondly, because he was getting a "feel" for it and what type of design to put on it. The man had wanted scenes from the Nirnaeth on the dagger, and that's why Tyaron was letting himself remember. He also wanted to remember the Nirnaeth now because he felt like dying himself - he wanted to immerse himself in death memories because of the death of his dearest hope, marrying that twitty hair-obsessed Rian. (yes, he's rather moody!) That's also part of why he DIDN'T want to do the etching when he was looking for Rian, because he knew it would be pretty depressing to bring up those memories, and he'd have to do that to etch the dagger.

Then when he got the images in his head that he wanted, he traced the dagger so he could sketch the images on the paper so they would fit on the dagger. Now he has to go back to Tharbad to get his etching tools and complete the dagger, then he wants to leave Rian and Alagos and just wander on his own, because he doesn't think he's worthy of courting her anymore. He thinks doing the dagger is a perfect final parting thing to do before leaving them.

Anyway, does that make sense now? I had a lot in my head, but I guess I forgot to post some of it! What can I add to the post to make it more clear?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 12-23-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #817
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
*Pokes Rian with patented Pester Stick* Hoy, you write the scene with Alagos Ray and Marty? *poke poke* Its a fun bit of interaction!
I'd love to, but it might not be until after Christmas

*pokes back* or after YOU post the race! *runs away*

Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 PM   #818
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K. that helps a lot. I see now! I didn't pick up on that whole designing a dagger for another guy thing, I had missed that before. Now it makes much more sense!

Old 12-23-2005, 05:18 PM   #819
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*runs after Rian, catches her and pokes her unmercifully* I have my reasons for not posting it. So nyeh.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #820
Rían

(EDIT - to Lotesse: ) ok, good!

ps - two out of three of my characters are going thru some rather radical emotions right now - that's not their normal mood by any means, it's just that some rather extraordinary things have happened in the last few days (being in close quarters with some Nazgul with a mission ; finding someone that you love in varying degrees that you thought was dead for thousands of years, having a cherished but dead hope resurrected then killed, having someone want to marry you that you don't want to marry while you think you found someone that you want to marry, having nassssssty lies told about your character, having a priceless family memento RUTHLESSLY stolen , being able to keep a passionate temper successfully under control for years and then losing it in such a way that it kills your dreams, etc.) It's like it says in LOTR or the Hobbit (forget which) - tales about happy, peaceful times don't make long or interesting tales!

(EDIT - to Shah: ) nyeh, NYEH! *pokes back*
(I already have some fun ideas in my head about the post)

Last edited by Rían : 12-23-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Closed Thread