FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:55 PM   #801
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
*shudders*

What's the point of going to bed when it's that late...
Two reasons... 1) my parents will then be very mad at me.
2) once when I tried that, I practically fell asleep on my feet by around 5:30.

How many times have you guys watched the EE trailers? I've watched the first one too many times to count, and the new, 6-minute one a few times... and it would be more if i had less homework and a less obnoxious computer.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 11-30-2004, 10:59 PM   #802
Manveru
Elven Warrior

lol ya
i want to watch it less so that i enjoy the movie more but its sooooo hard
Where the shores are sheer and dim
He launched his bark like a silver spark
From the last and lonely sand;
Then on sunlit breath of day's fiery death
He sailed from Westerland
Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 PM   #803
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethuiliel
How many times have you guys watched the EE trailers? I've watched the first one too many times to count, and the new, 6-minute one a few times... and it would be more if i had less homework and a less obnoxious computer.
There's a new one now! Damn... if only my computer wasn't screwed up and I could still get sound... Wait! I'll use one downstairs. Got to find the trailer first, though.

Neil Gaiman
Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 PM   #804
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

the new one is posted in the sneak preview thread. it's a link to where you may download the new one.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:03 PM   #805
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider Obsessed? Yes!

These are ones I'M gilty of:

1. You request the lord of the rings books as a bedtime story becase your siblings have only seen the movie.

2. You have figured out exactly how you would make a lord of the rings (and other storys) game (But you can't program it )

3. You start makeing jokes about the lord of the rings with your mom.

4. You get agravted that the battle in the shire isn't in any lotr movie you've seen.

5. You think a great ring would be usefill.

That's all for now
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
Old 12-04-2004, 04:24 PM   #806
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

When you understand Elemmire!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-05-2004, 12:57 AM   #807
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

me9996: I think I'm guilty of most of those too!

Low, TD, low.

Mal úvoro hanyalyen!

But you never understand me! (Quenya)

Neil Gaiman
Old 12-05-2004, 04:14 AM   #808
Telcontar_Dunedain

I'm sorry!

But if anyone else could see that IM we had two days ago they'd agree!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 12-05-2004, 04:21 AM   #809
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Don't worry about it, TD.

You know you're obsessed when you start randomly writing things in Quenya and try downloading tengwar fonts onto your computer...

At least... I do it, and I'm obsessed. So it has to go together.

Neil Gaiman
Old 12-10-2004, 11:22 PM   #810
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider More stuff

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when...

1. You find yourself dressed like aragorn (Gilty! )

2. You think you're a hobbit.( )

3. You dress like a ringwraith on hollowen.
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:28 PM   #811
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
3. You dress like a ringwraith on hollowen.
Now THAT'S a scary costume.

I dressed as Eowyn 2 years in a row... and it wasn't the same costume!! I've gravitated away from the scarier costumes, though I still like them.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 12-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #812
Kelawyn
Sapling

You're LotR obsessed if you stay up late into the night for a few days in a row sewing cloaks for all your friends so they can join you on Halloween in being characters... and then after Halloween wear your cloak while you do homework/do dishes/read the books outloud with those same friends.

Hypothetically, of course.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:08 AM   #813
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

You're obsessed when you're really busy, yet insist on watching both EEs in one weekend just so you're ready for when the RotK one... and all the while you're complaining about how you should already have (and be watching) the RotK EE, if it wasn't for some silly American idea that dvds have to come out on tuesdays. And on tuesday, of course, you will watch the dvd despite having lots of HW....

Old 12-12-2004, 03:25 AM   #814
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelawyn
You're LotR obsessed if you stay up late into the night for a few days in a row sewing cloaks for all your friends so they can join you on Halloween in being characters... and then after Halloween wear your cloak while you do homework/do dishes/read the books outloud with those same friends.

Hypothetically, of course.
Of course.

You know you're obsessed when every conversation you've had in the last week miraculously turns to LotR and you find yourself recounting the Tale of Beren and Luthien to people at random...

When you constantly watch the movies and vacilitate between beyond in such a purist mood that you can't watch it without getting mad, or becoming hysterical whenever anything that happens reminds you of your favourite character's horrible, bloody death (2 words: Minas Tirith).

eh... guilty of both. on numerous occasions.

btw... my brother was a Ringwraith for Halloween...!

Neil Gaiman
Old 12-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #815
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
You know you're obsessed when every conversation you've had in the last week miraculously turns to LotR and you find yourself recounting the Tale of Beren and Luthien to people at random...
What? That's not normal? I can connect practically everything to LotR, and do, and I love retelling various parts of the story... meaning anything by Tolkien, really.

Quote:
When you constantly watch the movies and vacilitate between beyond in such a purist mood that you can't watch it without getting mad, or becoming hysterical whenever anything that happens reminds you of your favourite character's horrible, bloody death (2 words: Minas Tirith).
Yeah, I either get really into the movies and love them, or I nitpick. "That wasn't like the book." "That wasn't in the book" "That's totally wrong!" "That's..."

Old 12-13-2004, 01:05 AM   #816
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

You know you're obsessed when... and I'm so glad I caught this in time

...You almost right "Faramir" instead of "Levin" into a paper you're writing for your Anna Karenina class... and he's not even your favourite character!

Quote:
What? That's not normal? I can connect practically everything to LotR, and do, and I love retelling various parts of the story... meaning anything by Tolkien, really.
ethuiliel: the first step to solving a problem is to admit you have one...

...though, if you admit it here, to people like me, we're only going to make it worse...

Neil Gaiman
Old 12-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #817
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

A few ways to tell if you are obsessed with LOTR....

You refer words to Tolkien such as brandy (as in Brandybuck, Brandywine, or Brandyhall, or all three) or Merry Christmas.

You've been saving up your money for RotK EE... since TTT EE came out.

You're friends are giving something Tolkien-related for Christmas... because they know you'll like it.

You dream about LotR.

When your paper-back LotR book starts falling apart from age... er, or too much reading... you mourn for it.

Edit: You say "my preciousss" in a Gullom voice constantly.

Guilty of all of the above.

Quote:
What problem?

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer

Last edited by Meriadoc Brandybuck : 12-13-2004 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #818
Telcontar_Dunedain

I don't have a problem. Honest!

Old 12-13-2004, 08:05 PM   #819
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Since when is talking about LotR a problem Hmph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
You refer words to Tolkien such as brandy (as in Brandybuck, Brandywine, or Brandyhall, or all three) or Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you too...

Quote:
You're friends are giving something Tolkien-related for Christmas... because they know you'll like it.
Of course!!! Christmas and birthdays I rarely get anything else (at least from friends, family sometimes gives boring things like clothes).

Quote:
When your paper-back LotR book starts falling apart from age... er, or too much reading... you mourn for it.

Edit: You say "my preciousss" in a Gullom voice constantly.
Of course!! To both.

Last edited by ethuiliel : 12-13-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:42 PM   #820
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

You honestly are learning Quenya.

Honestly.

And you write in it all the time.

For real, since you know Tengwar too.

You've planned to memorise the Lay of Leithian. For real, the whole thing (or every part with Finrod in it... painful , but noble ).

No, really. I've already started.

Anyone else here ready to do that and then sail to Valinor with me and Pytt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethuiliel
Since when is talking about LotR a problem Hmph!
Want to come?

Neil Gaiman
Closed Thread