Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #781
MangoPi
Enting

While frying pan related shenanigans were taking place in the brig, in some other place other shenanigans were also taking place - for it seemed that Mango was doing it doggy style. In the ocean no less!

(Talking about swimming, people. Swimming.)

Narlyë nat vanya!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #782
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse and Rana finally made it out of the mystifyingly boring forest*

Eresse: Well, that was a total waste of time.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:15 AM   #783
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel grabbed the frying pan before it banged more people on the head.*

Eärniel: I'm guessing yer in the wrong story, pall.

*The frying pan looked at her. It was disturbing seeing eyes on an inanimate object. Things weren't supposed to have eyes, and even less to be making puppy eyes at her with them. The frying pan protested silently to his treatment.*

Eärniel: You're in the wrong story pall, trust me. See? This is a story where salt water tends to corrode metal. And there's a lot of that to go around. Not a nice story to be in, for a metal frying pan, eh?

*The frying pan protested even harder, still silently. There was a slight panic appearing in its puppy eyes.*

Eärniel: So if I tell you to scram or I will dunk you overboard, that's good order to be following, got it?

*The frying pan nodded quickly, or at least, as far as it was able to move in Eärniel's grasp.*

Eärniel: Right. Now scram.

*The frying pan disappeared in a puff of smoke*

Eärniel: *sighs* I'll bet that was one of Bob's side effects... *looks around the sleeping brig* And nothing a few buckets of water can't cure here...

*A few minutes later Xen and Eärniel are standing once again among a bunch of fully awake, yet rather wet prisoners.*
Old 10-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #784
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Unknowingly, for a few moments both XK and Eärniel, and the brig dwellers glanced up at the ceiling. It was quiet. As no more pans came a-flying Xk thought it fit to continue...but all the same, keeping a beady ear out should there be any more twangs or clangs from Bob's weirditude.

XK: Right, well...you seem like a pretty harmless bunch to me, what do you think Eärniel?

Eärniel: What, with a tree, the boring twin and a guy who thinks he's king? We're laughing, mate. Perfect crew material on this ship.

XK: Aye. You lot.

She and Eärniel begin pacing in front of the locked doors, the cell occupants listening carefully. Well, not so much carefully as just listening. A little bit. Oh alright then, just staring blankly at the cap'n and mate.

Eärniel: Ye better pay attention now, or all of ye will find yourselves a whole lot wetter and floatin away.

XK: Aye...now. As prisoners aboard this ship, ye now become workers, aboard me ship. Understand me?

*murmers*

XK If ye tries to escape, Koroush'll shoot ye. If ye tries to steal from the rest of me crew, Eärniel will shoot you. If ye tries to betray us in anyway...

Jack: I hazard a guess, ma'am that ye'll shoot us?

XK leans towards Jack.

XK: No....we'll all shoot ye. And I'll be makin for certain to make it in an unpleasent place too. Anyone have anythin to say?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #785
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Meanwhile Avery (known as GIII before), had busied himself with the hammering in of some broken loose planks in the deck and tensioning up the rigging here and there where it was needed.

And then after he'd finished that chore, he leaned against a mast, awaiting orders from the Captain.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-02-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #786
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Rana:*drily* Very. Best we go find the Cap'n and report.

Sharkbait: She's in the brig looking over the prisoners.

Rana: Thanks, Sharkbait. *starts off then stops* Uh where did you learn to lasso?

Sharkbait:*Shrugs* Haven't the slightest idea.

Eresse: Right. Well, let's go and wait by the brig for the Cap'n.

Rana: Aye

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #787
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

... XK leans towards Jack.

XK: No....we'll all shoot ye. And I'll be makin for certain to make it in an unpleasent place too. Anyone have anythin to say?

*en masse the whole brig looked behind XK at Dick's groin ... him just passing in an innocent momment*

An eyebrow was raised

Dick absently scratched himself

*In perfect tandem and with almost perfectly choreographed tiny rythmic steps the whole brig shuffled backwards a step or two*

Jack: aye', 'Tis a hardy fool as'll badger a bucaneer wen de ol' legless seadog be whettin' her britches fer a tot o' rum - and no quarter be no half of fun!

What's fer breakfast?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-02-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #788
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse and Rana chose that moment to stride into the brig*

Eresse: No idea. But then, I can usually get by on rum alone. *catches Enelya's eye* Still alive?

Enelya: For some reason, yes. *she looks at the captain with sad eyes* I am not the boring twin. I'm an intellectual. *adjusts her glasses*

Eresse: *rolls her eyes* Which means boring.

Enelya: Does not!

Eresse: Does so!

Enelya: Does not!

Eresse: Does so!

Eärniel: You'd never be able to tell they didn't grow up together.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #789
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: The tiny Huorn lets her rooted rump slide down to the floor of the brig again. Her leafy crown nods forward as her eyelids start to droop half mast again.

Just call me Oakie
Old 10-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #790
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

*Dick looked finally looked down and swore.*

Dick: Bloody hell. Not mice again. *pulls out a mouse out of his trousers* Only, they're not usually pink and green.

Eärniel: It's just the Bob-ness. Don't worry about it.

*But, as always, these things are something to worry about, and the small Bob was extreamly worried.*

*Or would have been had her head been attached to her body at the time.*

"Hello," said the head floating just above the open ocean. "What's your name?"

*Mango stared at it, thinking perhaps she had drunk too much seawater.*

Mango: I'm Mango. *cough splutter* Hello.

*Pause*

Mango: Did you know you have no body?

Bob: Yes. Quite.

*Pause*

Bob: Are you tired at all?

Mango: Yes. Um, quite.

*Mango heard the floating head say somthing like "Go go gatchet speedboard" and then dissapear.*

Mango: Um, *cough splutter* where--

*Just then Mango spotted the log like thing floating in front of her. By the time she climbed onto it, she saw that it was more of a giant seed about five feet long. She looked around and could see nothing but open ocean.*

Mango: Well, that was luc--

*The speedboard took off with Mango desperatly clutching the sides.*

~~~

OOC: Mango, tell me if you no like.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #791
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

as if a spell were woven, jack too falls promptly asleep ... this effect seemed to ripple outwards with the speed and power of an outbaord motor ...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 AM   #792
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

With barely half an eye open, XK tosses the brig keys to Eärniel, who, with no eyes open, jumps when they bounce off her arm. Suddenly wide eyed, Eärniel retrieves the keys.

Eärniel: Something very odd is going on...I'm starting to think maybe it isn't Bob.

XK: Hmm?

Eärniel: *Clears throat* EVERYONE IS FALLING ASLEEP CAP'N!

Almost all of the occupants of the brig leap up, fists at the ready. Rana and Eresse had been snoozing against each other, stunned, both fell over when their respective leaning posts moved. XK straightened her jacket.

XK: Mighty strange...per'aps there's a little more rum in the air than we thought... Eärniel, unlock the doors and then come with me to Koroush's quarters. Rana, Eresse and Dick take them all on deck. They will be your crewmates from when they receive their first order. But don't let that them think that means you'll go easy on them. If they try and escape kill them.

Rana, Eresse and Dick: Yessir!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #793
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel unlocks the brigs and shoes everybody outs, one or two with a boot against their behind because, well, it wouldn't be proper without at least one small kick. As soon as the ex-prisoners are in the capable hands of Rana and the others Eärniel hurries after the captain, catching up with her soon.*

Eärniel: Um, captain ma'am... are you sure it is a wise thing, just taking everybody up into the crew? I mean, the Nal can use them, we always can use crewmembers because we tend to loose them in rather unexpected accidents all the time but-

EXK: *raises eyebrow* Do I hear correctly, Eärniel, you are doubting these people aren't bad enough to be pirates?

Eärniel: Not this bunch, no ma'am, although I reckon gettin' the Entmaiden up in shape will be... interesting to say the least, but it's about this numbered Glorfindel we picked up earlier?

EXK: Hm, seems to be doing alright so far. Seems rather keen to work too, don't get too many of that around these days either. Makes some mistakes though.

Eärniel: But he's a hero, capt'n, he said so himself. Heroes and pirates don't often mix. Heroes have all this strange, unpractical morals. Before we know he'd have us reported to port authorities because some people think piracy is a punishable offence and we'll find us in a land-brig doing community time ere long. And he'd be thinkin' he's doin' us a favour to let us repent our evil ways, I'm sure.

Last edited by Earniel : 10-04-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #794
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Megil:*Mutters* Bloody great.

Rana: Shut up and move

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #795
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Did I hear my name mentioned, Captain?" Avery inquired."Gentlepirates, you need not worry about me getting ideas about turning you lot in or something, Im not that rich and I sure need the income, be it only as lowly cook."
Old 10-05-2006, 12:46 AM   #796
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse looked at Enelya hopefully*

Eresse: Planning to escape?

Enelya: Not currently.

Eresse: Dang it.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #797
MangoPi
Enting

Yes, Katt me likey ever much. Now to the ship! Join me there? *puppy eyes*

Meanwhile.....

Maeve was just about to see about some breakfast for her hungry (and hung-over) pirate crew. The nets had been cast early that morning and Lonni (plus sundry expendable deck hands) were hauling in the catch. That is to say that the two deck hands were hauling in the catch, Lonni was huddled under a blanket in the corner trying to hide from her migraine.

Expendable deckhand 1: We not going to make through this quest.

Expendable Deckhand 2: What makes you say that? We've got the best crew in the whole ocean!

*Some where, Kor snorts*

ED1: No! I mean, look we haven't even got names, didn't you hear the narrator? "Sundry Expendable deck hands" that's us! We are the red shirts, the storm troops, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern! We are dead meat if we stay on this boat.

ED2: But…but…won’t the captain, won’t captain Maeve take care of us?

ED1: Don’t get me wrong, that captain is a fine woman and a great captain. But you’ve been reading the script, you see where all of the madness is headed? We’ll probably meet some horrible bizarre end like….eaten by a gargantuan Merbadger, or something.

ED2: Well, I think you are being ungrateful.

ED1: Oh by the Saucy Temptress – WHAT IN THE BLUE HECK IS THAT?!

ED2: Stop changing the subject!

*The nets had dropped their fishy load on the deck to be sorted and cut, but in the middle of the pile of wriggling desperate fish was a large mound of sea weed sporting human limbs. ED1 and ED2 crept closer.*

ED2: What have we here? A man or a fish? Dead or alive?

ED1: A fish: he smells like a fish; a very ancient and fish-like smell.

Mango: I’m not a fish!

ED2: AH! MERBADGER!!

Maeve: *Stalks over* What’s all this screaming about, eh?

*ED1 and ED2 point trembling fingers at the pile of angry seaweed.*

Maeve: *Sigh* And who would you be then? And don’t say the “bold thunder;” the Man/Fish reference was already lost on most everyone.

Mango: I am the great and terrible Genie – Mango!

Maeve: …A Genie.

Mango: Yes.

Maeve: …where’s your lamp then?

Mango: I don’t have a lamp. I have a hollowed out gourd! *Pulls out gourd and waves it about* Woooo….gourd!! *dances*

ED1: Hey! Does this mean we get wishes?

Maeve: I wouldn’t try you luck. She’s too soggy to a Genie.

ED2: What should we do with a dancing Genie?

Mango: *Sings* What do you do with a dancing Genie? What do you do with a dancing Genie? What do you do with a dancing Genie, early in the morning?!

Maeve: *sings* Throw her in the brig, at least ‘til breakfast; throw her in the brig, at least ‘til breakfast; throw her in the brig, at least ‘til breakfast, early in the morning.

Mango: Rats.

Lonnie: *moans* ….aspirin…..aspirin….!!

Narlyë nat vanya!

Last edited by MangoPi : 10-05-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #798
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Maeve: *watches the genie-thing get dragged off to the brig, sighs, then turns and kneels by her mirgraine suffering grandchild* The willow bark you took earlier isn't working?

Lonni: *glares as hard as she dares at her grandmother* No.

Maeve: Go find your Uncle. He's good at getting rid of headaches.

*Lonni nods, and leaves to find Aodhfin.*

Cera: *coming up from below in the company of her partner Chevalier* Going soft, Captain?

Chev: I thought you witches weren't supposed to use your talents for minor problems.

Maeve: Lonni's only half trained. Her control still slips a bit when she's in pain. Now if you want her accidentally raising hell with the weather that can be arranged...

Chev: *grimacing* No thanks. Lady Maeve, do you have any idea where we're supposed to be headed? Any way of telling where either of our quarry are?

Maeve: *smirking at the man's discomfort* Isra didn't have any hints to give this time?

Cera: *intervening* No. We were hoping you would have found something before you got called back.

Maeve: No luck. I didn't get very far. We found that the ship my grandson is on left from the harbor at Mithlond about a month ago. No report on which direction or on their intentions. Willow flew off to who knows where, for all I know she could have dropped into the ocean from exhaustion and drowned by now. Assuming she didn't find a place to land and rest. Still, I wouldn't worry.

Chev: I adore not worrying. Do explain how it might be possible given the circumstances.

Maeve: Her highness sent them an Other as a guide some time ago. We just need to keep sailing, they'll find us.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 10-06-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #799
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Eärniel: Um, captain ma'am... are you sure it is a wise thing, just taking everybody up into the crew? I mean, the Nal can use them, we always can use crewmembers because we tend to loose them in rather unexpected accidents all the time but-

*there was distant ''oops ..oh bugger!'' ... and a splash ...followed by some shark burpings ...

*ghostly narrator: (deep oddly gravelly voice: "some momments later:"*

"Did I hear my name mentioned, Captain?" Avery inquired."Gentlepirates, you need not worry about me getting ideas about turning you lot in or something, Im not that rich and I sure need the income, be it only as lowly cook."

Earniel and XK looked insulted:

XK: *glaring* you any idea of the price on my head, mate?

Earniel: Not to mention your busom.

XK: ...er - aye - my feet alone would be worth ten cook's shares in certain Ports, sunny jim!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-07-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #800
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

In his gallery/galley Avery picked the shattered pieces of the plate that had just falled from his hands wet from doing the dishes. Well, that is only one plate, he thought, there is loads more.

And there was, the now redone galley was stocked with all kinds of cutlery, china, cooking utensils and other equipment for the preparing of food and foodsstuffs.

And in the forward gallery containing all the stolen art the restorers had built a nice fireplace. There the crew could have jamboree's whenever the gang felt like reliving old times.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-08-2006 at 03:21 AM.
Closed Thread