Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-07-2003, 11:23 PM   #61
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Arg...I hate that too.

Not all virgins by choice are "die-hard Christians". Nor am I. I am Christian, but am by no means a "bible beater" or "fundamentalist". I have a gay friend who I have been supporting as he comes out to people. I have piercings (ears) and plan to get tattoos in the future. I swear at times. I don't go to church often because I have a hard time agreeing with their interpretation of Christianity for the most part. I know several who choose not to have sex soley for the reason that 1) they don't want to get/cause pregnancy or contract STDs or 2) they don't want to get that intimate with someone just to lose them later.

I know a lot of "by choice" virgins could easily lose it if they wanted. I know I could, but I choose not to.

Also, I don't try to force my view of "waiting" on other people, because I wouldn't want people trying to force me to have sex with my boyfriend.

Smints, not all guys are like that. They're just really hard to find. I got lucky. My boyfriend has told me and other people that sex and other physical aspects of relationships are definitely not an issue when it comes to dating someone, they're just "icing". LoL.

edit: Ruinel, I knew it was a joke, and I'm not offended. Just..yeah. Being weird.

Last edited by Starr Polish : 12-07-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Starr Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:11 AM   #62
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Arien the Maia
I totally understand you....I get sooo sick of hearing about my friends who tend to have sex frequently (to say the least) I just don't understand why it is such a big deal for a one night stand and all.
I agree that "one night stands" are not any fun at all. I never liked that sort of thing myself.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #63
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Lesbian?

hmmm, Woody says:

"On bisexuality: It immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night."
Old 12-08-2003, 02:09 PM   #64
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
I swear at times. I don't go to church often because I have a hard time agreeing with their interpretation of Christianity for the most part.
And you assaulted me for swearing? I'm sure you could find some church you'd agree with. There's some that teach everything these days, so I'm sure you could find one that fits you.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 12-08-2003 at 02:12 PM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #65
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I'm with Gwaimir - celibacy. This is for several reasons. Reason number one is that for religious reasons I am sworn to remain a virgin. There is a way I can have that vow reversed, but I am bound right now and probably will be for the next several (read: ten-fifteen at least) years.
Reason number two is that I am 13.
Marriage isn't a big detail for me. I'm gay, so saying i'll wait until marriage may or may not eventaully mean I'll wait until the cows come home. Depends on the proceedings in Massachusetts. Also, I'm moving to Ireland. Er . . . yeah.
It seems a little odd to me to hear you, er, more experienced folks, feel sorry for people who remain virginal. I suppose I guess why you might, but I can't really understand until I've had sex. The decision for me is not one I am currently in a postition to challenge, but I swore the vow myself and nobody forced me to it. Perhaps I didn't know what I was talking about, and still don't, and may get it reversed much earlier than I expect, but the purity behind it is an important part of my life. No, if you're curious, my religion doesn't have a neat little name or church or following.
On the other hand, back to the title topic: What about lesbians? It's hard to involve penetration there. I think that anything sans clothing probably falls under the category of "sex."

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #66
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Hey Laurelyn. Good to see you back. Weve been needing the input of an open homosexual in the gay thread for a long time now and we havent heard from you in a while. poke back a few or 10 pages or so and check out all the gay marriage discussion there. see what you think. oh and as far as sex and lesbians well i would consider that "lesbian sex" which is true isnt as cut and dry as the other form. its kind of a you know it when you see it kind of thing. but heterosexual sex is pretty straight forward stuff I would think. its the act thats supposed to produce offspring idealy. i guess you could say anything a lesbian does is just "sex play" but that might be a little limiting. not too sure...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 12-08-2003 at 05:17 PM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #67
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

SGH, please don't strike me down for this post . . . please . . .
THANK YOU IR FOR REMEMBERING ME!!!!!
Leaving Entmoot to work on my novel has been kinda rough on me, and I thought that everyone would have forgotten I existed . . . but they didn't . . . whee! Thanks very much. Yes, I know that was a random outburst, but it was an important random outburst for my emotions. The novel is still percolating its way to completion, but I had to drop in.
Back on topic: I agree that homosexual sex is not defined as easily as heterosexual sex. Despite my religious veiws I would be a little put off to hear somebody tell me that unless I land in bed with a male, I will never be considered as having had sex. It seems as thought it would be denouncing the intimacy that lesbians can have. But to each his Dulcinea, I suppose. If you actually think that, tell me why. I'm curious why someone might.
Cheers.

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:06 PM   #68
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
And you assaulted me for swearing? I'm sure you could find some church you'd agree with. There's some that teach everything these days, so I'm sure you could find one that fits you.
A lot about me has changed in the last few months. Transistion period or something, that whole "between seventeen and eighteen" time. And I rarely swear, I use it only for impact, and I avoid the "really bad words" at all costs.

And so far, no luck. I have problems even agreeing with those who share similar ideals with me. Lately I've been pushing people away because I've been getting really scarily sad again, and I don't want to hurt people. It's weird...I'm very social, but I'm afraid of how close I'm getting to some friends, as well as my boyfriend (on an emotional level more so than physical, though that almost became somewhat of an issue).

edit: sorry for being so OT, mods.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:49 PM   #69
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
Reason number one is that for religious reasons...

Reason number two is that I am 13.
It seems a little odd to me to hear you, er, more experienced folks, feel sorry for people who remain virginal....
1) I can understand a vow of celibacy. If that's something you want to do, that's cool.

2) IMO, 13 is WAY too young for sex. WAY too young.

3) I was joking with Starr Polish. It was a bad joke. But I am definitely glad that I did not remain a virgin.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:58 AM   #70
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel

2) IMO, 13 is WAY too young for sex. WAY too young.
That's why it's one of my reasons. It IS way too young.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:31 AM   #71
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

WAY!
Old 12-14-2003, 04:11 PM   #72
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

I agree. thirteen is disguistingly young to have sex. When I was thirteen I got all nervous and giddy about holding hands. Heh.

I'm getting more "Why are you happily depriving yourself of something so enjoyable" on a Livejournal community for virgins. ARG!!

Because there is far more to life and relationships than sex. Love does not equal sex, and sex does not equal love. Love is more important to me than ANYTHING, whether it be between God, family members, or in a romantic sense. Also, saying that you should enjoy sex as much as you want because nothing bad can happen (given you use protection, blah blah..) is like saying "Hey, you like chocolate, why would you not eat it when you want to, even if you want to eat it all the time?"
Old 12-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #73
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...hey I hope your not saying to stop eating chocolate.....
Old 12-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #74
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Hah, absolutely not. I love chocolate. But I don't eat it all the time, because I don't need to.

I don't have sex because I don't NEED to.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:23 PM   #75
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...but you might agree that "sometimes" you just have to have a piece of chocolate?
Old 12-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #76
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

No. I could easily survive without chocolate. I gave it up for Lent without much trouble. And I've made it seventeen + years without sex, and hey, look, I'm still alive!
Old 12-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #77
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
No. I could easily survive without chocolate. I gave it up for Lent without much trouble. And I've made it seventeen + years without sex, and hey, look, I'm still alive!
GO YOU!!!!!
(incedently... I tried to give up chocolate for lent once...it didn't work too well )
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #78
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

....tip toes in and takes a look........flees from the scene........
Old 12-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #79
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
well just be careful. once you break that seal...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:02 PM   #80
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Thus, one of the reasons I'm waiting...

I have a lot of things I need to be concentrating on now, as I finish high school and get ready for another stage in my life (college, being on my own). I don't need sex as a distraction from my studies and life goals.

Last edited by Starr Polish : 12-14-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Starr Polish is offline   Reply With Quote