Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2003, 11:13 PM   #61
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Revenge for the Americans

JD-- first off, let it go. If someone doesn't understand the Electoral College's part in election, don't explain it. Let them think what they want. I mean, even if Gore "won" (am I the only one who remembers the pregnant chads?) he wasn't elected.

FF, that statement was funny in my opinion, because that's coming from...well...Canada.

Reasons why canada sucks:

1) Their main exports are ice, maple syrup, and ridiculous accents.
2) L.A. high schoolers are more heavily armed than their army.
3) They have a marijuana leaf on their flag, but don't even have the right climate to grow it!
4) Their army is a bunch of goofy looking "mounties" on horseback.
5) They gained their independence the wussy way: by sucking up to Britain. We did it the right way: through a long, bloody war.
6) Their currency resembles Monopoly money.
7) They say "eh" and "aboot" and claim they're words!
8) It's too far north for Mexicans and Cubans to sneak into.
9) They think they're better than everybody else just because they have Eskimos, glaciers, and polar bears.
10) It's full of leftover draft dodgers from the Vietnam War.
11) Cannucks wear those silly hats with the flaps, you know what we're talking about!
12) They still brag about holding off the American army in the war of 1812.
13) They can't even kick the lousy French off their land.
14) They're "kind and peace loving."
15) Their army prefers horses instead of tanks
16) They think it's a real country!
17) They brag about winning hockey in the Olympics about a million years ago
18) This is the most retarded and shameful part of Canada by far. First, they actually think they can play something besides hockey. Second, they actually think people like it. Look at this crap! Their league slogan is "Radically Canadian!" This is a slogan that could only have been thought up by some damn Canadian. Some damn Canadian woman, probably. Then these stupid canucks actually think that they have legends in their football league as well. How can you be a legend when you're playing a pseudo-football game filled with French-Canadian hosers?? Celine Dion is French-Canadian! And even she knows the CFL sucks! Also, I'm glad they finally have a Canadian Football League credit card. What a joke.
19) If Celine Dion's music is heaven, I pray I'll never see what hell is like. About the only good thing about this woman (if you can call her that) is that she tries to cover up her Canadian heritage by hyphenating it with another country. Unfortunately, this other country is France. Seeing that French-Canadians are even worse than Canadians, I see it as even more reason to wish for her death. I'm not going to give a brief biography of her like I did for the rest of these friggin' canucks. She's already told her life story to VH1 so many times that even they are asking her to stop calling. She's on every single show they produce, whether it makes sense or not, so if you can't find her on a repeat somewhere, the apocolypse is nipping very closely on our heels.

I don't agree with anything, just found it amusing.

Also,
Everybody is so busy bashing America that we all seem to have forgotten how much Canada sucks. Here are a few reasons why we should bash Canada instead:

Language:
Ever been to Quebec? Everything is in French and English. Is this some attempt to be arrogant? Make up your mind, or better yet, just put a damn picture of a man or woman on the bathroom doors instead of labels in 2 different languages, It doesn’t take an idiot to figure it out. Oh yeah, "about" is an adverb, "a boot" is something you wear on your feet.

Spelling:
What the hell is up with words like colour, metre, theatre, and my favorite: Hallowe’en. Once again, they’re so arrogant that they need to randomly add an apostrophe to things.

Food:
In America we have a side dish called Kraft macaroni and cheese. Canada, however has Kraft Dinner. Does their economy suck so bad that families are forced to eat a $1.49 box of mac and cheese as an entire meal? (oh wait, nevermind the economy DOES suck that bad)

Oh yeah, and who the hell drinks milk out of bag? Not only that, but when they buy the bag, they go home and put it in a pitcher, why not just buy the damn carton?

Last edited by wahine : 06-17-2003 at 11:17 PM.
wahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:18 PM   #62
wahine

The Economy:
Your country is called Canada, not Britian. Why do you have pictures of British monarchy on your damn currency? These people are nothing but rich, inbred, unemployed symbols of a fake government. (nevermind, I now see why you idolize them). (sorry brits)

And what’s up with the exchange rate? $1 us is like what? 17.50 Canadian now? If you thought gas prices were bad here, try paying $1 per litre. (liter in America). With 3.785 litres to the gallon, its cheaper to fill up in Detroit.

Canadian Government:
Only in Canada can you line up and wait for an election, then suddenly find out its not an election anymore. I just hope the government health care doesn‘t end up like the US post office.

Canada is also the only country with NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association). There is nothing more I can say about this, since I am too disgusted to even think about it anymore.

And the #1 reason why Canada sucks:
Bryan Adams! Yes that’s right, we Americans are still waiting for an apology. What were you thinking? We can also blame Canada for Celine Dion, and Alanis Morrisette too. Ok Nitewulf, in this case I DO agree we need stronger immigration laws.

Muahahah, AMERICANS STRIKE BACK!

*BLAME CANADA---BLAME CANADA*
Old 06-17-2003, 11:22 PM   #63
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Re: Revenge for the Americans

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
4) Their army is a bunch of goofy looking "mounties" on horseback.

I don't agree with anything, just found it amusing.

whoever wrote that is pretty, dumb, our army isnt called Mounties, thats our police force

Quote:
Also,
Everybody is so busy bashing America that we all seem to have forgotten how much Canada sucks. Here are a few reasons why we should bash Canada instead:

Language:
Ever been to Quebec? Everything is in French and English. Is this some attempt to be arrogant? Make up your mind, or better yet, just put a damn picture of a man or woman on the bathroom doors instead of labels in 2 different languages, It doesn’t take an idiot to figure it out. Oh yeah, "about" is an adverb, "a boot" is something you wear on your feet.

Spelling:
What the hell is up with words like colour, metre, theatre, and my favorite: Hallowe’en. Once again, they’re so arrogant that they need to randomly add an apostrophe to things.

Oh yeah, and who the hell drinks milk out of bag? Not only that, but when they buy the bag, they go home and put it in a pitcher, why not just buy the damn carton?

Language: your jsut jealous that we are so accepting other cultures

Spelling: We go by the british way, so when you make fun of us about that, your also making fun of Britain

Food:I havent seen the milk in a bag thingy since i was 3

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:24 PM   #64
wahine

Quote:
whoever wrote that is pretty, dumb, our army isnt called Mounties, thats our police force

LMAO. Yeah, big difference there.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:25 PM   #65
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

excuse me wahine, i know what the electorial college is - if you were refering to me. i can still think it was not fair. imo, 1 person should equal 1 vote. the electorial college made more sense when it was first formed , and in my opinion should be abolished.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:28 PM   #66
wahine

I wasnt referring to anyone HOBBIT, and if that is the way you feel about the Electoral College, perhaps you should draft Congress, or something to make your opinion heard to people other than mooters?

Because your opinions and whatnot should matter to the government, whether it does or not, is another issue.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:29 PM   #67
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
The Economy:
Your country is called Canada, not Britian. Why do you have pictures of British monarchy on your damn currency? These people are nothing but rich, inbred, unemployed symbols of a fake government. (nevermind, I now see why you idolize them). (sorry brits)

And what’s up with the exchange rate? $1 us is like what? 17.50 Canadian now? If you thought gas prices were bad here, try paying $1 per litre. (liter in America). With 3.785 litres to the gallon, its cheaper to fill up in Detroit.

Canadian Government:
Only in Canada can you line up and wait for an election, then suddenly find out its not an election anymore. I just hope the government health care doesn‘t end up like the US post office.

Canada is also the only country with NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association). There is nothing more I can say about this, since I am too disgusted to even think about it anymore.

And the #1 reason why Canada sucks:
Bryan Adams! Yes that’s right, we Americans are still waiting for an apology. What were you thinking? We can also blame Canada for Celine Dion, and Alanis Morrisette too. Ok Nitewulf, in this case I DO agree we need stronger immigration laws.

Muahahah, AMERICANS STRIKE BACK!

*BLAME CANADA---BLAME CANADA*

i pay $0.60 canadian for gas, maybe its different in the east. I have never heard of this NAMBLA you speak of. Who cares about the images on money these days, it would be a waste of time to change the image on it. I hate Bryan Adams, anbd i dont care about Celine Dion or Allanis Morrisette

Reasons Why Canada Kicks A$$:
1)Maple Syrup
2)Mike Myers
3)Jim Carey
4)Most of the great hockey palyers are form her
5)Me
6)Santa Claus is Canadian
7)The stanley cup
8)James Naismith

i made all these up, can you tell

Lemmings

Swron

Old 06-17-2003, 11:34 PM   #68
wahine

Gollum,

I contend, if you were not from Canada your appeal would be diminished, you are an asset to a crappy nation *k*

NAMBLA

It openly promotes the practice of men violating the bodies of young male children. Children.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:38 PM   #69
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Gollum,

I contend, if you were not from Canada your appeal would be diminished, you are an asset to a crappy nation *k*

NAMBLA

It openly promotes the practice of men violating the bodies of young male children. Children.

Interesting about the NAMBLA thingy, howed you find out about it

Canada is practically the same as America. We have only small differences.

Lemmings

Swron

Old 06-17-2003, 11:44 PM   #70
wahine

NAMBLA is a horrible orginization of convicted (and non) child molestors. Many have been prosecuted for the membership of the "club". It was a big scandal in America, and should be everywhere else too. People who are involved with GLAAD advocate them and the website, claiming "freedom of speech", and that these freaks have the right to have sex with children (ie. from baby to teenager, yet still a minor).

I honestly do not feel that Pedophiles should have many rights. If this is indeed incurable(as shrinks say), they should never be allowed to live/work anywhere near a child, they should also be made sterile.

They do not do enough jail time.

They should also have their sex drive taken from them, whether it be by shot or surgery, doesn't matter.

Our children are our future, and they should not have to worry about these undesirables in our society, or anyone elses society for that matter.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:49 AM   #71
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
Reasons Why Canada Kicks A$$:
1)Maple Syrup
2)Mike Myers
3)Jim Carey
4)Most of the great hockey palyers are form her
5)Me
6)Santa Claus is Canadian
7)The stanley cup
8)James Naismith

1) Vermont and the rest of New England has just as good maple syrup - don't need Canadians.
2, 3) Live in the US
4) Most of them play for AMERICAN teams
5) You're only 5? I would have thought yiou would have listed yourself higher in the ranking
6) Since when does canada own the North Pole? As for the design of Santa Claus - that was from a New Jerseyan cartoonis.
7) Well i don't think I need to remind you where the Stanley Cup resides right now. You can come to New JERSEY any time you'd like to visit it.
8) Have no idea. Think I've heard the name before though. Probably lives in the US if he really is anyone.

As for being multi-cultural - Canada does not have a monopoly on that over the US. This is the make up of my school district for the high schools...

Quote:
High School Profile
Students represent all major racial and cultural groups (59% White, 30% Asian, 6% African American, 4% Hispanic, and 1 % American Indian/Alaskan Native). Our students speak 33 languages. The new students who enrolled in the high schools for the 2000-2001 school term represent a multitude of countries and states.
New Jersey is extremely diversified - not to mention New York City.

You obviously haven't been here. I live in a relatively small town and we have a Chinese Grocery store which is less than a mile from me.

Milk in a bag - Ontario still gets milk in a bag. Never understood it either. As has been pointed out somewhere else - the bag isn't even recycleable - unlike our milk containers.

You did get one thing right - Canada is pretty much like the US - except for some small differences. You're only one step from statehood. Actually though - a couple of years ago when Quebec was saying that they were going to break from Canada - several provinces - including BC said that they would join America if that happened.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-18-2003 at 12:51 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:57 AM   #72
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

All joking (not to mention insults, slanders, vicious rants and mutual displays of ignorance) aside, Canada and the US get along pretty well as neighbours.

Yes, sometimes Americans are too arrogant, sometimes Canadians are too smug.

As a Canadian, I give my standard reply to my fellow citizens who complain about living next to the States:

So, you wanna change places with Poland?

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #73
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Wahine:

Quote:
18) This is the most retarded and shameful part of Canada by far
I don't mean to be rude, but could we keep the handicapped out of this?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:12 AM   #74
jerseydevil

Hobbit just informed me that he thought that #8 - James Naismith was the guy who invented Basketball. That might be true - but again he invented it in Massachusetts and he lived here. So is there anyone left in Canada?

And Graymouser is right - we do generally get along. Why do you think we have the longest undefended border in the world (as Azalea mentioned). We also don't have to have passports eitherto go from country to country - as I have repeatedly said. But war will break out if another one of your politicians says they "hate those American bastards" again. Believe me - we have A LOT more fire power now then we did as a new country back in 1812 - it woudln't be pretty for you guys.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-18-2003 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:32 AM   #75
Gwaimir Windgem

Isn't Naismith a Tolkien artist?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-18-2003, 01:37 AM   #76
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

That's Ted Naismith, dumbo.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:38 AM   #77
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Isn't Naismith a Tolkien artist?
Well he might be (Sheena answered this while I was posting) - but this one is the inventor of Basketball...

Quote:
History of Basketball
He (James Naismith) was the physical education teacher ... at Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts (1890 to 1895). At Springfield College (which was then the Y.M.C.A. training school), Naismith, under the direction of American phys-ed specialist Luther Halsey Gulick, invented the indoor sport of basketball.

The first formal rules were devised in 1892....
So you see - again a Canadanian who is known for something he does in America.

I am extremely shocked that Hobbit knew this - considering he hates sports. I think privately he's a sports fan - he just like to give people a hard time.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-18-2003 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:44 AM   #78
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
That's Ted Naismith, dumbo.
Aha! I didn't think it was James, so I just said Naismith, and it paid off.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 06-18-2003 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:02 AM   #79
Sween
im quite stupid

End of the day Canada just sucks! Englands the way ahead we have nice beer
Old 06-18-2003, 05:39 AM   #80
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Aw! Innit nice to see the colonies getting along so well

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote