Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2003, 09:41 PM   #61
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by TheEvilForceOfSuchandSuch
Lol Rex. Hmm...I think its more about a matter of how you feel personally, not really what a record store dictates about what is and isn't music.
yes and i can think you are a four legged sea slug but it doesnt make it so does it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Well said babe! (where have you been hiding btw?)
ah I was out of town for a while and busy as hell then when i got back my computer died. Im still fighting with it....

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 09:53 PM   #62
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Well where else are you going to sell rap? At a candy store? Clothing store?

Its audio - where else would it be sold? :P

Doesn't mean it is music.

I think that a lot of rap today is NOT music. Some rap is music...actually sort of has a melody (and is music by my definitions) But others....like just fast talking ... that is not music. These rappers have no musical talent whatsover. All they do is talk fast obscenities and such :P i do not view talking fast to be music. A majority i'm sure cannot sing or read music, or play any instrument etc.

If you want to call it music , go ahead. But a majority of rap, imo is not what I call music at all - i call it crap! :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:04 PM   #63
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I guess there is a strong connection between whether or not you like rap and your opinion of whether or not it's music.
Some rap is very good but generally I don't like rap. A lot of rap is really crap. But that doesn't make me think it's not music.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote