Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2003, 07:38 AM   #61
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Aralyn *suprised* "But Perrin, that was years ago. The men will keep you safe."

Seth: "you?"

Aralyn: *meeting his eyes* "You didn't think I was going to hide, did you? I'm one of the few archers we've got, although a secret one."

ooc: can't think of a good reply for anyone so someone else continue

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:25 AM   #62
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
'It was six years ago and-" I smaked him. "Perrin Mum's going to be there!"
"Be quite Frieda, you don't understand, they said the fire would ruin it."
I looked at the adults. "Perrin's never liked Helms Deep, and has nightmares." I turned toward Perrin, and we had a whisper fest. Just as he deicided to go ahead there was a cry of attack.

ooc: There to get us going a bit more, there WAS an attack correct?
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:41 AM   #63
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Aralyn: *sharply* Frieda, Perrin. You have to go into the caves with the others. Just follow the women. When you get there you will find your mother.

Frieda: Promise?

Aralyn: *kneeling* You have to be brave, Frieda. Perrin look after your sister. I will try to see you later.

*She dashes off with Seth and Meeko behind her*

Seth: Where are we going?

Aralyn: We have to get to on the wall. We can see better from there.

Seth*wide-eyed* Look!

Meeko: Our king thinks we can defend against this?

*The two see a great host of orcs and Easterlings. Then an order comes, "Don't shoot or meet the attack until the order is given."*

Aralyn: It's getting dark. I wonder why they have us wait to attack?

ooc: Okay we are already in Helm's Deep.

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead

Last edited by Aralyn : 04-18-2003 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:48 AM   #64
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
ooc: Ok, I have no clue where I am, so...

As the group left, I watched, sending Illali after. I would be along soon enough. I packed a bit more, and called over Rain. As I mounted her, she seemed to protest.

wheeee.....eeeee....

"I know you dont like Helm's Deep, but it is where we must go." I quickly caught up to the group. I rode alongside Frieda for a while.

ooc: Gah, I hate to do this, but I am gone for the weekend, and won't be on till MAYBE SUnfay. Toodles! Faith, you can play my characters if you wish.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Lubyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #65
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Sorry you got behind a bit. We are already in Helm's Deep and the orcs are outside but nobody has started to fire yet. Hope that clears up any confusion. Seth and Aralyn and Meeko are standing on the wall, Frieda and Perrin are *hopefully* on thier way to find mum.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-18-2003, 12:24 PM   #66
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Eowyn: Hurry up! Why aren't we fireing yet??? i'm getting imapatient!!! *Taps foot impatiently*
Aralyn: Wait until they come to us, they think their surprising us....
Seth: Shhhhh, we have to make sure we surprise them.
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #67
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Yay! a time to fight!! After this can we ride off to Gondor?

*Seth and his friends were standing right next to the king and the Travelers. He made eye contact with all of them but said nothing. You could see all that could possibly said in his eyes. a look that said "why didnt you believe me in the first place?" All he actually did was draw his semitars and stand stoutly next to his new comrades*

Aralyn:*a dismayed look on her face* Oh god. So this is how man will fall. *she sighed and brought out her bow* Oh well. At least I wont go down without a fight!

*Meeko swallowed a large lump in his throat, but a determined gleam entered his eyes, as such that glimer of light settled in that little groups eyes and it was noticed by the King and his group*

Seth:*adressing no one in particular* NO! So long as there are those who can stand up to the darkness there will be hope! Have Faith in the Race of Man!

Gimli: Aye! Easterling! Are you not scared? Are those not your comrades down there? You will be forced to kill them! Then you can never go back!

Seth:*a brief look of pain crosses his face, But as soon as it came it was replaced by a steely glint* No one who fights for evil are comrades of mine! They would gladly have passed steal through me long ago, before I defected! My fate was sealed long before I came to be taunted by you, Dwarf!

Meeko:*a sad look on his face but he fire was still in his eyes* But will you really be able too kill some of your own country men?

Seth: I know not, there is but one way to find out; When one comes rushing in too take my life with his blade!

*with that they all waited for the order to fire come*

OOC2: How was that, sound good?

OOC3: Patiance Girl! If people like you run the show we all would have been slaughterd on the first page!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #68
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Lubyla will not be back till Monday so we will take a temp break for her. Is that okay with you guys? Monday start posting again. Don't make me come after you! Then you will have your fight Seth! And yes after Helm's deep we ride to Gondor.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-19-2003, 11:09 AM   #69
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Eowyn: yay! Time to fight! *trips over a fallen piece of brick and drops her sword, orc grabs it*
Eowyn: Help! Orc got my sword!!!!!
Seth: I'll save you!!! *kills orc and gives Eowyn back her sword*
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:55 PM   #70
Fred Baggins

ooc: Aralyn, we could have a temp break, or I could play her character like she sugested. I've done it lots of times before, and she's done the same for me. I'll let it be up to you since it's your thread though.
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-19-2003, 04:25 PM   #71
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Ok so now we are at Helm's Deep. So we are actually getting our weapons ready and storing the villagers in the safty place thing?
Now we are waiting for the order by the king to let us shoot?

ic: I gave a shiver and wtached the easterling defend his part in the war. I knew in my heart that he did not wish to kill his own race but had to now that he had joined us. I felt bad bu knew he would stay by us.
I watched as the dwarf shook his head and he seemed to still not believe him.
(sorry can't finish now)
Old 04-19-2003, 07:10 PM   #72
Fred Baggins

ooc: I guess I will play Starletta for the weekend, or maybe even just for today. Starletta, as always will be...in that...redish colour...

ic: *Starletta ran over to where the others stood, pushing one braid--that threatened to come out--out of her face.* "Have I missed anything?" *She asked while in the process of pulling an arrow out of her quiver, and notching it.* "I was trieing to help the kids find there mother, but was afraid that I might not have enough time to get out here." *When she saw the others gawking at her she secretly rolled her eyes. She knew what they where thinking, especially the men. That she was no older than young Perrin and didn't have enough experience to fight. She set her jaw firmly--if Perrin's father, a mere farmer could be out here fighting, then she certaintly could.*

"Perrin?" I said after Starletta had left. "Where are we going?"

"YOU aren't going anywhere Freida. You're going to stay here and keep looking for Mum. I'm going to find someplace where I can get a bow and some arrows, or something."

I frowned. "Perrin, you're only ten. They'll kill you out there."

"Then let them."

That was the last I saw of him.

ooc2: Please don't try to change anything, I might make it so Perrin lives, but I don't know yet. If you want then you can have him fighting alongside you, and you try to protect him, just know that if you send him back he won't go.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #73
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Baggins
ooc: Aralyn, we could have a temp break, or I could play her character like she sugested. I've done it lots of times before, and she's done the same for me. I'll let it be up to you since it's your thread though.
Kay we'll continue! And Eowyn. You were supposed to wait till the order came or at least write it in your RPG. Oh well

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-19-2003, 10:41 PM   #74
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ooc: Okay about Perrin. I'm not gonna see him. I don't notice him at all till later.

ic:
"Fire when ready." the command came.

My arrows flew quickly for awhile until the orcs got close and stormed the wall. Then it was hand to hand, mostly.

Aralyn: Starletta? Deore, Have you seen my brother?

Starletta: *after knocking the head off a big orc, frowns* No not since we got here

Aralyn: *bites her lip* Hopefully he's okay. He's not much for the sword. *quieter* He didn't need it.

Seth: I'm sure your brother can handle himself. Meanwhile we have plenty of orcs to handle here *proceeds to stab one*

ooc2: So do you know if you're gonna have the children find thier mom?

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead

Last edited by Aralyn : 04-20-2003 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #75
Fred Baggins

ooc: Aralyn, how 'bout Perrin runs into Deore, and they fight together? And also, I'm going to ahve it so they find out later that their mother is dead.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-20-2003, 12:33 AM   #76
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Great, take one day off and you miss the start of the War!

IC:

*The fighting was pretty heavy where Seth and his companions were, And Seth felt it heavely since he had nothing to eat since he raided a small hut in a village. Also with the wounds he had preveously from the Orc encounter, he felt very light headed and was praying to the gods so that he wont colapse in the battle*

Aralyn:*slicing an Uruk* Hey Seth! you really dont look good!! *stabs another Orc*

Seth:*countering* After this, I dont think any of us will! *skewers three orcs with Halberd*

*in truth, those wounds were not troubling him nor were the hunger pains. It was the thought of killing his own and then never getting to see his family, that was doing him harm*

Seth:*muttering as he slaughters orcs left right and center* Damn that Dwarf to hell! *cuts head off orc* He has a point! *slits the throat of another* that little bugger!

*Aragorn comes swinging about to where the Seth and company are duking it out*

Aragorn:*roaring above the din of the fray* If we let you and that Easterner continue on like this, there wont be much of a war for the others!

Meeko:*grunting as he gives an overhand wallop his all* Fine! the sooner this bloody mess is over,*grunts as he takes off head of Orc* the sooner we can get back to what remains of our lives! If we're lucky that is!

*Aragorn nods grimly and moves on to where ever needs most help, Seth, however, took no notice of him as he has other thoughts more pressing on his mind*

Seth:*in his head* where the hell are the other Easterlings? why have they not sent them in yet?

*the lack of Easterling combatants irked him in some nameless way, but true to his word he kept fighting wordlessly by the side of his new comrades*

OOC: sorry coulnt finish!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #77
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ooc: Sorry Seth. Eowyn started fighting so I just continued on. I'll edit my last post so that the command comes.
Deore speaking is going to bein sienna color. So that way he can talk with Perrin. I'll have him notice Perrin. I'm gonna have Deore die most likely but i'm not sure yet.
So yes they'll fight together

ic:

*Aralyn keeps giving Seth concerned looks, which he ignores*

Aralyn: Seth- *Before she can finish an orc weapon pierces her shoulder and she falls to her knees. Meeko jumps forward to slash at the orc*

Seth: Aralyn! *kneels next to her* Are you okay? It doesn't look deep, just bloody.

Aralyn: *her face is slightly pale* It's fine. Luckily it wasn't my sword arm *rips a piece of cloth off her tunic and wraps her shoulder* I'll be fine, as long as I can still fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*meanwhile Deore is near the gates, where fighting is heaviest*

Deore: Aralyn? I must have lost her when we entered *knocks head off orc* Luckily I taught her to fight, although I didn't think she'd need it.

Suddenly Deore notices a young boy making his way through the men and fighting pretty well.

Deore: *suprised* You're pretty young to be fighting. Shouldn't you be in the caves?

ooc2: Deore is tall with brown hair and wearing a grey tunic.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-20-2003, 03:31 PM   #78
Fred Baggins

*Perrin pulled the man's sword out of an orc stomach, and looked toward the man who had addressed him. Swinging the heavy sword towardanother orc he yelled back* "So long as there's a battle to fight, anyone who can handel a sword is old enough." *He stopped to take a breath his tiny body heaving in the effort of using a sword, obviously not made for someone so young. He smiles at the man, though it was doubtful weather he could see it, through the helmet, then picked the sword up in enough time to just barely slice the sword arm off an orc who was stabbing from the back.* "And I did learn the skill from the best, though he lef before he could finish teaching me." *Another orc sliced his arm as though taunting him, a deep slice, and Perrin pulled an arrow from a nearby body and stabbed the blunt end into the orc eyes, using the chance to stab him.*

*I wandered throughout the caverns, getting lost several times, searching the faces of every woman, and seeing no one. That is until I saw someone i recognized. A neighbor who had been visiting us at the time of the attack. I ran over to her, as fast as my little legs would carry me.*

ooc: Ugh, sorry if I make Perrin seem older than he is, I'm just trying to draw out the inevitable.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #79
Aralyn
FloraAzul

It's fine

ic:
I was suprised. The boy certainly could fight, But I decided to stick close with him so I could make sure he wasn't too tired.

My name is Deore, by the way. I noticed you with my sister Aralyn earlier. *cleans sword on edge of tunic* What is your name?

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #80
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I swong my sword haxerdly here and there just preying that I hit an enemy and not a friend. Seth as the easterling called himself fought with strength I could not gues and Aryalyn his companion(I think) was attacked by an orc from the back and was stabbed in the arm. I took what courage I had and ran forwprd and with hidden strength stabbed the orc through his heart and left him fallen to the cold ground. I swung around and hit another roc head on and then I returned to Seth and Aralyn who both checked her wound.
Meko: Are you ok?
Arlyn: Don't worry about that now go fight.
I heeded the order at once and started to fight of an orc who had tried to stab the dwarf. The dwarf turned to me and almost swung his axe mistaking me for the enemy.
Gimli:Watch yourself lad.
I blushed then ran off for anotherbattle.
Aragorn fought with rage and I joined his side swinging my sword and taking out my dagger.
But as I tried to stab another orc a seering pain shot thorugh my body like fire. My eyes blazed over with tears and I knelt to the gorund gasping for breath. Aragorn, now a hazy figure jumped over to me and stabbed an orc who had apparently did not expect this. he killedx it then rushed to my side.