Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2003, 01:55 PM   #61
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by markedel
The Jewish spring holiday is passover. NO BEER for a whole day after I'm done exams. I suppose I can scrounge up some vodka somewhere...but I'd need my own cup/glass so I can't go out.

Jewish law can suck sometimes
well they probably didnt have college parties in mind when they made that one up. 24 hours. Quite a test markedel. However will you do it? I have a friend who truly learned just how much he admired his wife after he got her pregnant then realized (during a round of drinks while celebrating) that she would actually have to go NINE MONTHS without drinking at all! He was so amazed! He couldnt even concieve of even approaching such a task. And this is a guy who used to play line backer at a major college and could benchpress something like 430 pounds. And he looked at his tiny little wife with this look of awe in his eyes as if he was looking at Hercules or something. It was quite funny.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:19 PM   #62
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
well they probably didnt have college parties in mind when they made that one up. 24 hours. Quite a test markedel. However will you do it? I have a friend who truly learned just how much he admired his wife after he got her pregnant then realized (during a round of drinks while celebrating) that she would actually have to go NINE MONTHS without drinking at all! He was so amazed! He couldnt even concieve of even approaching such a task. And this is a guy who used to play line backer at a major college and could benchpress something like 430 pounds. And he looked at his tiny little wife with this look of awe in his eyes as if he was looking at Hercules or something. It was quite funny.
9mths without a drink????

But, but.......we humans only live 80-90yrs!!!

That settles it.....no way am I ever getting pregnant!

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:48 PM   #63
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
How have i managed to miss this thread for so long.
Me too! Maybe I thought it was about the wrong kind of Tetleys.

Booze is great, isn't it?

Now, we have to distinguish between drinking for pleasure and drinking to get guttered.

For the former, fines wines and malt whiskies, perhaps a good brandy or even a pint of Landlord.

For the latter, VRB rules!!! Many's the time I've had a skinful of cooking lager or some such, and just started to get that "need to hold on while lying down" thing: a couple of double VRBs later, Bingo! I'm good for another few hours. Top stuff, and tastes like cough medicine as well.

Ever noticed how, wherever you go in the world, they always have their own local "wreck the hoose juice"? Usually about 80% proof and distilled from mashed pig scrotums or something.

cheers!!

d.
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:59 PM   #64
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Oh it's not the not drinking part that's the problem (I only really drink on weekends-you know Thursday, Friday, Saturday). It's more that I'll be done exams and not be able to drink. Oh well I'll have to find other ways to get altered that are kosher for passover
Old 03-25-2003, 01:24 AM   #65
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Course my problam is I buy myself way too many beers.
Ah, yet another self tutored young man...............so what, do you buy yer own beer & then go home & takeadvantage of yerself?

Quote:
But, but.......we humans only live 80-90yrs!!!
Must be in the Northern Hemisphere, 'cos yer bits are frozen half the time, down here we often don't even make it past 75.

Quote:
That settles it.....no way am I ever getting pregnant!
You were considering it an option?

Quote:
Ever noticed how, wherever you go in the world, they always have their own local "wreck the hoose juice"? Usually about 80% proof and distilled from mashed pig scrotums or something.
Eh, ours is Mampoer - about 75 - 80% proof (depending on the fruit used) and we would NEVER desicrate a pig scrotum like that

Quote:
Oh it's not the not drinking part that's the problem (I only really drink on weekends-you know Thursday, Friday, Saturday). It's more that I'll be done exams and not be able to drink. Oh well I'll have to find other ways to get altered that are kosher for passover
Why would you not be able to drink when yer finished with exams? Do yer exams finish the day passover starts? How about soaking yer matzos in rum?
Old 03-25-2003, 10:58 AM   #66
Sween
im quite stupid

Now as many of you know im not adverse to posting whilst drunk! Infact me and carmen would often come on the net after a hard session (on the drink) to look for inspiration!

At one point when i lived by myself i was drinking a bottle of vodka a day ( i was depressed) that worried me. Before Amy it wasnt uncommon for me to go out every night in a week (mind you i only used to drink 6-7 most nights)

drinkings not big and its not clever it is damn enjoyiable though
Old 03-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #67
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

That's a lot of booze. If you're feeling crap, it just makes you feel worse, as well. Fortunately, my body couldn't take that amount of punishment. The thing is to know when to stop. It took me about 20 years but I've finally figured out how to do it.

Quote:
Eh, ours is Mampoer - about 75 - 80% proof (depending on the fruit used) and we would NEVER desicrate a pig scrotum like that
Sounds tasty. What do you use your pig scrota for, then? A handy purse?
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 09:07 PM   #68
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

My exams finish in the middle of Passover-ergo no beer, and no bars. But I discovered I can drink tequila so if I can scrape up the cash once I finsih up the rye in my room I can move on.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:17 AM   #69
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Sounds tasty. What do you use your pig scrota for, then? A handy purse?
Nah - it's a handy little water sack But we try not to get too close to that specific part of the pig (they can be quite touchy ye know)

Quote:
My exams finish in the middle of Passover-ergo no beer, and no bars. But I discovered I can drink tequila so if I can scrape up the cash once I finsih up the rye in my room I can move on.
See - where there's a will there's a way (and hopefully a bottle of tequila)
Old 04-08-2003, 08:28 PM   #70
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I found this on a list of foods that you should eat every day.
Quote:
Alcohol
Every Day
Alcohol has been shown to increase HDL ("good") cholesterol, lowering the risk of heart disease.
See...its actually good for you.

Last edited by Elvellyn : 04-08-2003 at 08:29 PM.
Elvellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:33 PM   #71
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
I found this on a list of foods that you should eat every day.

See...its actually good for you.

Here's a toast to Elvellyn!! *glug glug*

ok what should we use as an excuse to drink now?

Old 04-09-2003, 08:42 AM   #72
Baby-K
Corruptor

Arch, I need a drink & some valium (and that cute guy in the corner)

IR - it's Wednesday, isn't that enough of a reason (note not excuse) to get hammered ('cos if ye can't get screwed ye gotta get hammered)?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:33 AM   #73
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
IR - it's Wednesday, isn't that enough of a reason (note not excuse) to get hammered ('cos if ye can't get screwed ye gotta get hammered)?
Well hey the more you get hammered the better chance you have of getting screwed too. Now if only that worked for us males....

Old 04-09-2003, 09:39 AM   #74
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Well hey the more you get hammered the better chance you have of getting screwed too. Now if only that worked for us males....
Sure does work for us girls - 'cos the more we drink the sexier you (guys) become

Ye know, it really is difficult making derisive comments when you can hardly see the screen
Old 04-09-2003, 09:45 AM   #75
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Ye know, it really is difficult making derisive comments when you can hardly see the screen
Its gotta be early afternoon there by now. That must be some enormous hang over or else you had a lunch hour worthy of this thread. Or is there someone standing in front of your moniter....

Old 04-09-2003, 09:51 AM   #76
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Its gotta be early afternoon there by now. That must be some enormous hang over or else you had a lunch hour worthy of this thread. Or is there someone standing in front of your moniter....
It's 16h00 here - I haven't eaten since Sunday, so no (re the luch) - read the e-mail I sent you, it should clear a few things up And nope - no hangover (well not really )

If there were someone in front of my monitore it sure as hell isn't the Invisible Man
Old 04-24-2003, 11:58 PM   #77
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

REVIVAL

i like corona extra with some lime. guiness (sp?) rolling rock ahm... asahi? woo.. and a bunch more beer, but as for anything else, whiskeys and anything chocolate flavoured i like... um mudslides, kahlua

i don't want to know when to stop. it wouldn't matter anyways cause i know i wouldn't stop.

beer before liquor, you'll get even sicker... liquor before beer, you're in the clear.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:10 AM   #78
Baby-K
Corruptor

Cheers all *hic* it's Friday! And I'm in the mood for a cocktail. Can I have a fishbowl please...........(who was it that called me a goldfish? Sh*t seems I always come back to the fishbowl)
Old 04-25-2003, 06:36 AM   #79
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Re: REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
i don't want to know when to stop. it wouldn't matter anyways cause i know i wouldn't stop.
o_O

You're supposed to stop? .......you mean like voluntarily?

I wound't worry about stopping............mother nature takes care of telling you when to stop (and sometimes ya even don't get arrested be the unconciousness kicks in )

Quote:
Alcohol
Every Day
Alcohol has been shown to increase HDL ("good") cholesterol, lowering the risk of heart disease

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:00 AM   #80
Sween
im quite stupid

friday night im gonna get wasted