Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

I loved Sam in the movie too!

Trying to get back on topic:
Elrond...Elrond...is cool!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:59 PM   #62
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I wonder if Elrond got that arrogant look in the book too? I mean he had it in the movie, but was he described as arrogant in the books? Not really, I hope.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:38 PM   #63
Gaporli
Hobbit

Hugo Weaving (Elrond) is a great actor. I think they did a wonderful job, he just wanted his daughter to live safely and peacefully. Plus if you watch closely in the first movie Aragorn tells Galadriel that he wants Arwen to leave and be with her people.
Gaporli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #64
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

Gaporli, you are dead right! Hugo Weaving was fantastic.,

BOROMIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And anon shall I Sail into the West: with the setting sun I shall remove my light from this world..."
Gorhiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:58 PM   #65
azalea
Long lost mooter

I finally saw The Matrix and LOVED it, but I didn't think of Agent Smith as Elrond, nor do I think I'll imagine Agent Smith when I see the LotR movies again. I'm pretty good at separating roles, plus he was such a baddie in The Matrix! I saw in the preview for the sequel that Hugo will be in it.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:38 AM   #66
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Yeah, first time I saw FotR, Elrond's first line sounded to me like "Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Andersen!"...I have been Matrixified. Hugo Weaving did an awesome job! Okay, after having read a fanfic about it and having heard people discuss it, I now really need to go see Priscilla: Queen of the Desert! I mean, Hugo in drag? Can't miss it.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:03 PM   #67
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

Elrond is my favorite character in the FOTR. I like Hugo Weaving a lot, and I liked Elrond's clothes somewhat, but I did not like the actual character of Elrond in the film. I was disappointed in the Elves a lot. And the most annoying thing was Elrond's hair! Since when do Elves tie clumsy, ungraceful, ugly knots in their hair?

"Most people never been to Hell," Jacob said.

She looked at him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "And I suppose you have?"
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:10 AM   #68
Heather Wooltoes
Elven Warrior

The Mommy in me kept wanting to grab those stupid little hair tags and tuck them behind his ears....She fought with the "bad girl" in me who just wanted to grab him (and do things I can't say in a PG forum ;O)

Don't p*** me off.....I'm running out of places to hide the bodies!
Heather Wooltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:03 AM   #69
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

One of the major differences between myth and drama is that drama is character-based. Dramatic tension must come from within the character. There is no tension in the book Elrond. So they turned him into Thingol. Now there's a story. How convenient.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #70
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Well PJ destroyed all the elves. He made Galadriel and Elrond esspecially bad. They're ugly and they're evil in his movies.
(<Elrond's evil glance of death)

The movies center a lot on Aragorn, or Aragorn and Arwen, so PJ made Arwen steal Glorfindel's horse to get to the fords. He made Legolas too much of a pretty boy. He really should read the books.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 04-25-2003 at 06:30 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 05:57 PM   #71
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
Yeah, first time I saw FotR, Elrond's first line sounded to me like "Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Andersen."
LoL I always think of the same thing! But anyway I think Hugo made a really good Elrond, he just played with a bad script. I can't say the same for Kate Blanchett though, I didn't like her at all.

P.S. Bombadillo that face isn't evil, it's one of the funniest disturbed faces in all of ME.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 07:35 PM   #72
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
The movies center a lot on Aragorn, or Aragorn and Arwen, so PJ made Arwen steal Glorfindel's horse to get to the fords. He made Legolas too much of a pretty boy. He really should read the books.
Actually, when you think about it, the movie centers on everything quite equally.

Glorfindel isn't an important character, so PJ had to boost Arwens part. You have to remember though, books are SO difficult in being made into a movie. And it is never perfect and it is always never as good as the books.

Legolas wasn't purposely made to be a pretty boy, either. Elves aren't ugly, they have fair faces, and is faithful to the books.
And I also think that PJ has been a fan woth LOTR since he was 16. Christopher Lee is also an enormous fan, and he helped PJ out a lot.
I think the elves were portrayed GREATLY and couldn't have been better, IMO.

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #73
Lady of Middle Earth 99
Sapling

I think Elrond was great!!! he was really good i think!
Lady of Middle Earth 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:50 PM   #74
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Well PJ destroyed all the elves. He made Galadriel and Elrond esspecially bad. They're ugly and they're evil in his movies.
(<Elrond's evil glance of death)

IMO, he didn't destroy the elves. Legolas was very good. And I think the Elrond wasn't bad. And Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) was also very cool. Okay, not that beautiful as described, but she acted really well.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:15 PM   #75
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I liked the how PJ described Elrond in the film. Elrond wasn't like I'd imagined him, but Hugo did a great job playing him. Welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson.

I loved PJ's Galadriel. Cate Blanchett was the perfect choise for the part of the Queen of Lórien. She looked exactly as I had envisioned her, and I loved her voice.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:45 PM   #76
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I liked the how PJ described Elrond in the film. Elrond wasn't like I'd imagined him, but Hugo did a great job playing him. Welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson.

I loved PJ's Galadriel. Cate Blanchett was the perfect choise for the part of the Queen of Lórien. She looked exactly as I had envisioned her, and I loved her voice.
Don't mention her voice. I know, I'm a girl, but I fell in love with that voice when I first heard her.
She has got the right story telling voice.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #77
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

IMO she could have been a little hotter. Like her and Eowyn switching roles. Am I the only person that thinks Eowyn was hotter than all the Elf chiks? (yes including Liv Tyler, she's hot, but he wasn't at her hottest in this movie)

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:27 AM   #78
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Nope. Galadriel definately could have been hotter. I don't know what PJ was thinking when he cast Cate Blanchett.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #79
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
IMO she could have been a little hotter. Like her and Eowyn switching roles. Am I the only person that thinks Eowyn was hotter than all the Elf chiks? (yes including Liv Tyler, she's hot, but he wasn't at her hottest in this movie)
He wasn't? What are you trying to say?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #80
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Maybe he thought that Galadriel should look wise and not just to attract all the fanboys.