Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2002, 10:44 PM   #61
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tripod wont let me. It says that I only have 21 MB (now more like 10 mb) left.

I THINK I might be able to get it to MP3. But that was just a little sample. So whatdja think? I know that in a few places I went down when I was supposed to go up or vica-versa (sp?) and that I don't quite have the breath control to hold some of those notes long enough but still... How'd it sound?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 10:48 PM   #62
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

To be honest, I haven't heard it yet But I'll take a listen in a bit...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 10:52 PM   #63
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*cry* Also I think I did some parts of the tempo a bit fast...
Old 10-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #64
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok... I'm trying to redo it as a down load.... Maybe that will work...
Old 10-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #65
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*gasp* Ok, I give up. IP can you please send me something to help me turn my stuff into MP3s? .

And this is a new computer... You would THINK.... Oh well....
Old 10-19-2002, 11:19 PM   #66
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Okay... the one I use is CDex, which you can get here:

http://www.cdex.n3.net/
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:21 PM   #67
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

The link don't work.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:31 PM   #68
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yikes, it's down.

Try this site:

http://www.wav-to-mp3.com/

Ack, just tried to go to your Tripod site, and it's down... for another two hours, it says...

Old 10-19-2002, 11:36 PM   #69
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Thanks....

TWO MB?!!? THAT'S INSANE!!!

Not that I'm upset or anything...

So did you want me to go ahead and send it to you? Just to get something up. Or put this one online on my little thing and then get you the best one I can do in a few days?
Old 10-19-2002, 11:43 PM   #70
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Well, mp3.com takes a long time to put anything up, so it's probably best if you just put it up yourself for the time being... I'll give it a listen as soon as I can actually access your site.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:48 PM   #71
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok, well I'm working on editing the sight. I think I got it right but well just have too wait two hours to find out I guess .

Lots of time to edit the sigh though, right?

IP why don't you make a tripod and let us hear your music? It's very easy and I would really love to hear you.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:50 PM   #72
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Well, last time I made a Tripod site was years ago, and they spammed my (now-dead) e-mail account like crazy...

It's too bad my friend's server is down. But I can probably find some alternative...

Don't know how long it will take for mp3.com to put up my files, but if it's really long, I might have to succumb to Tripod indeed.

Good news is, though, I managed to get six songs performed by me loaded on my computer. Old recordings, though, and I'm much better now. No, really!

Old 10-20-2002, 02:34 AM   #73
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Okay... I not-so-sneakily got around storage space restrictions (grr... I hate free hosting services) and put some samples up, on two separate sites (to hopefully thwart those bandwidth limits):

Piano + vocals
Piano only

At either site, you'll find that I've put up a concept for an album cover. For the purpose of this sample, I've used galadriel88's idea, Mellon: The Entmoot Album.

Old 10-20-2002, 08:04 PM   #74
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I like that, IP! Both your music and your possible album cover- awesome!
Tessar, my computer tells me your file don't exist.

What do us technologically-challenged fools do about posting up vocal samples? As of right now do we even have to sing something Tolkien-related for samples, or could I get away with 'Goodnight, my someone' from The Music Man just to show you what I sound like?
I will, of course, work on Tolkien-related whatnot, but if I'm doing this by next Saturday . . .
My computer and my schedule have created a conspiracy against me.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 09:51 AM   #75
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I fixed it.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:37 AM   #76
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
What do us technologically-challenged fools do about posting up vocal samples?
Old 10-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #77
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
I like that, IP! Both your music and your possible album cover- awesome!
Tessar, my computer tells me your file don't exist.

What do us technologically-challenged fools do about posting up vocal samples? As of right now do we even have to sing something Tolkien-related for samples, or could I get away with 'Goodnight, my someone' from The Music Man just to show you what I sound like?
I will, of course, work on Tolkien-related whatnot, but if I'm doing this by next Saturday . . .
My computer and my schedule have created a conspiracy against me.
Well, I think like glad said, it's no problem singing other types of songs so long as they are nice (i.e. No Back Street Boys or punk rap sort of things.).

I'll get you a step by step tutoral of how to get stuff up on the tripod sight. Comming soon.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:31 PM   #78
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

1. Sing a song
2. Save it as a WAV file
3. Go to http://www.wav-to-mp3.com/ and download one of them.
4. Convert it to an MP3. That should take even a long song down to under 5 MB (or 5000 kega bites if that helps you with size. There are 1000 kb in one mb)
5. Go to http://www.tripod.lycos.com
6. There will be three pictures that are links. One says ‘In build’ and has a picture of a hard hat and a little monkey wrinch.
7. Click on that picture
8. There is a thing with an orange border and it says BUILDING TOOLS. Click on the link inside the border that is called ‘Site Builder’
9. Click on the ‘sign up’ button.
10. Select ‘free- free’
11. Unless you want more space (you don’t) then go to the bottem of the next button selection and click on ‘no extra disc space’ (note: for steps 10 and 11 you shouldn’t have to really do them I think it selects those for you auto. But check anyways)
12. Where it says ‘member name, this will be part of your url’ they mean this. If you type in Mymusicrocks, your url will look like ‘http://www.mymusicrocks.tripod.lycos.com’.
13. You don’t HAVE to fill in your street address or phone. Just zip code and the other stuff (note: if you don’t have your own email addy/don’t want to give it out. Then you can get a free hotmail accout. They don’t even ask for your real e-mail addy. A tutoral for doing that will be posted at the bottom of this).
14. After filling everything out, go to the bottom of the page and click ‘I agree’ (read the rules if you want. Always helpful…)
15. Click on ‘activate your account and start building’

Ok. I have to go now. To eat lunch. I’ll finish after lunch. Sorry about the spelling but were having pizza.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:15 PM   #79
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Argh, I wish I had some recording equipment... I want to do my Gilbert & Sullivan parody, the one that's posted on TT...

Old 10-21-2002, 02:17 PM   #80
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Tessar, great sample, by the way!

Now, if I had some sound editing equipment and software here, I could put an orchestral accompaniment underneath that...