Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2002, 05:22 PM   #61
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh, was that when you tryed to delete to moot? *blinks eyes innocently* you know, something about how you were in leage with Anduin?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:33 PM   #62
Darth Tater
The man

Good Lord no! That was ryan!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:33 PM   #63
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I must say that was a bit of a nasty shock when I logged on and Entmoot looked like a Teletubby board gone horribly wrong. I've only joined in the last month so I wasn't here when Tater and Anduin messed with the board the first time. If it was half as good as this, I bet it was something.

I did kinda enjoy the shock of seeing a pink and purple Entmoot. (Except for the spots in my vision when I looked away) A big part of life is a boring routine and it's good to be shaken out of it every now and then. As for ever doing it again (or something like it), my only request is that it not involve the colors pink and purple.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:46 PM   #64
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Yeah, it was kinda strange. I remember blinking at the screen saying 'Quoi?' And I really bought Tater's explanation of the flipping computer! I was thinking, poor Tater, everything's going wrong and he can't help it. I actually felt sorry for him! That was untill the names changed a bit to smartly and then the picture on the banner. I'm on to you now, Tater! I (hope I) won't get fooled again that easlily!
Old 03-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #65
Darth Tater
The man

LOL Earniel, new to computers are we? When an anonymous acomplice gave me the idea of blaming it on the database I was sure no one would believe it, but this individual said they had experiance with ppl who just don't get computers, and that they think it's all magic anyways. Boy were they right!
Old 03-24-2002, 06:04 PM   #66
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I thought it was something out an X-Files episode, with the computers getting minds of their own and everything. It had me going for a while too. I will never be fooled again!

Oh and Earniel: Nice French.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 06:08 PM   #67
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I must admit, you had me fooled, Tater, and fooled good. Even after the names changed I still believed the colors were b/c of a computer and then it hit me: If the names were on purpose, why would the colors not be? I felt extremely stupid at that moment...kinda do now...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:15 AM   #68
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Just remember this one important fact: if anything ever goes wrong with color or ranks again - it was done on purpose
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:20 AM   #69
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Don't tell people that. I'm hoping people will forget. I had all kinds of explanations as to why things were happening. Tater just couldn't say some of them because he didn't think he could keep a straight face about it. Which I didn't exactly understand since no one would be able to see his face.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:20 AM   #70
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

The fun part is...asking who dunnit.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:14 AM   #71
anduin
Entwife

Quote:
Those who were here the first time I messed with the moot (it was all anduin's idea that time!) know what I mean.
Dude, that was hardly the first time....first time on vB perhaps, but not first time in Entmoot history. Here, this one dates back to 1999!!!
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 08:18 PM   #72
Darth Tater
The man

Oh come on, how can you even compare that? The only thing from the old days that comes remotely close is Ryangate. Oh, and liz when we messed with the moot was almost a year ago, long before the VBulletin days.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:16 PM   #73
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

I know Tater.

I was just being crule! bahahahahahahha! wahahahahhahaha! ehahahahhahahahahahahhahhah! *cough* *wheez* ahem!

Dangit! My sis strikes again! I'm now logged on as her! oh well, I guess I'll just have to send out aome hate mail and get her in trouble. (lets try that again) BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA EHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH! *hack* *cough* *wheeeeeeez!* *falls over dead*
Old 03-28-2002, 05:15 PM   #74
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
LOL Earniel, new to computers are we? When an anonymous acomplice gave me the idea of blaming it on the database I was sure no one would believe it, but this individual said they had experiance with ppl who just don't get computers, and that they think it's all magic anyways. Boy were they right!
No, not new to computers, just a little naieve. I even felt sorry for you! And computers can be a drat, but they don't change those titles that smart. Next time, I won't fall for it, though. From now on I will consider everything you say as a possible hoax. Tell me I stray of topic, I won't believe ya. Tel me this thread doesn't belong here, I'm not buying. Tell me I'm spamming, I'll just ignore you. Tell me Bush is a smart man, I'll call those nice men in white uniforms who will take you to a nice room with those soft matrasses on the walls..
Old 03-28-2002, 06:16 PM   #75
Darth Tater
The man

Bush is not a man, he's a chimpanzee.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:27 PM   #76
jerseydevil

I don't think discussing Bush belongs in this thread. You should take it elsewhere.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-28-2002, 07:02 PM   #77
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Bush stays OUT please . . . even the mention of his name bothers me.
I too bought the thing about the screwed up database . . . until it got too smart for a computer to do (changing titles and such). But I am one of those fools who doesn't know the first thing about computers, so fooling me isn't hard.
While I was going a little nutso and wanting to change it back, I must admit that aside from being very annoying, it was FUN. I had a great time watching other mooters reactions and protesting the (annoying) pink and purple. Although it was a relief to have it all changed back again at the end . . . I loved it. March 22 and 23 were some of the most hilarious days I'd ever spent on the Moot.
However, I didn't know about this buisiness with un-modding Tater, Nolendil, and CBG, and banning Jerseydevil . . . Banning Jerseydevil went a little over the top, if you ask me . . . damn, there's a reason nobody asked me.
Actually, it would be interesting to see if it would be nearly as fun if you screwed up the Moot again when we all knew what was going on . . . Well, if you ever need more accomplices . . . count me in! (please don't ban me for saying that!)

But, I must pay respects to HOBBIT for saving my eyesight.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:09 PM   #78
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Beat them all soundly with rubber chickens!
Old 03-28-2002, 07:13 PM   #79
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
Beat them all soundly with rubber chickens!
Who??

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:39 PM   #80
jerseydevil

Well it was fun anyway.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-28-2002 at 07:58 PM.