Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-08-2002, 04:01 AM   #61
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Just curious, FrodoFriend, Zelda's is actually one of the only places I remember in Sac, having only lived there for a year...

Yeah, I'm kind of glad I don't live there anymore; I'm not a huge fan of temperatures over 95. If I had to pick anywhere to live in Cali, it would definately be closer to the coast.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:30 PM   #62
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

YAY! Another Washingtonian! Been to Seattle very much, crickhollow? We got snow last night here in Seattle....not a lot, and it's already melted, but there was about eight inches up north. *sigh* Snow days are nice...
Congrats, TinuvielChild! I'm working my way up...this place is SO addictive...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:07 PM   #63
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
Snow days are nice...
Congrats, TinuvielChild! I'm working my way up...this place is SO addictive...
-tano
yeah, seriously!! and today i have another reason to be happy: yesterday i recited a poem in German for a contest (for any Germans: it was Die Lorelei, by Heinrich Heine) at my school. i'm only in First-year German, and i won! for my level at least (they had 4 levels, a winner in each, and a grand prize winner)!!! so i've been really happy and hyper all day long! and then i went to see LotR again, so today has been a REALLY good day for me.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:18 PM   #64
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
BTW, I REALLY like your sig. One of the better sacrastic ones in LOTR, IMO.
thanx! yeah, i think so too. it's a bit long, but i'm not changing it anytime soon..

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 01:55 AM   #65
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Any day seeing LOTR is a good day...I plan to see it anywhere I possibly can after the TT trailer reel comes out...I REALLY want to see that....yargh. *breathe....* Oscars will tide me over, I hope...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-09-2002, 03:07 AM   #66
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I saw LOTR last Friday - again. My dad hadn't seen it yet so he and I went to it while my mom (who has only seen it ONCE and didn't want to see it again ) went shopping. After the movies we all went to O'Charley's and discussed our observations. And guess what? I think we have a new convert! Yay! He said if he was ever hurting for something to read, he would definitely be interested in LOTR. But for now he's gonna have to wait till next December - I think I've convinced him that Gandalf is NOT coming back.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 01:26 PM   #67
crickhollow

oh, cruel, cruel galadriel! hahaha

Quote:
YAY! Another Washingtonian! Been to Seattle very much, crickhollow? We got snow last night here in Seattle....not a lot, and it's already melted, but there was about eight inches up north. *sigh* Snow days are nice...
not lately, *sigh* school gets in the way of that. Last time I was down was mid-August. My sister and I gave the grand tour of the market to a group of people from Texas and Colorado. After that, we ate at Ivars (*yummmmmmm*). I'm usually down at LEAST once a summer for a Mariner's game! during the October, a bunch of us Americans took over the TV in the lounge so we could watch the world series.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:39 PM   #68
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Heh...GO MARINERS! I was actually in Ireland during the playoffs....I was sad but no one gave my any sympathy, considering where I was....
Yeah, the market's a must. Ivar's...soundds really yummy right now...fishessessss....
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-09-2002, 02:21 PM   #69
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
And guess what? I think we have a new convert! Yay!
Yeah . . . I kept bugging one of my friends to see the movie, and he finally did, and now he's in the middle of Two Towers. He's also a member on entmoot, but he's far to used to chatrooms rather than messageboards so he's a vile spammer. Oh well . . . at least he appreciates Tolkien's wonders . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 06:49 PM   #70
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I'm an American transplanted on to Canadian soil, about an hour east of Vancouver. Whoever said it was right about the sushi!
You said you were training to be a teacher. Are you going to UBC or SFU or what? Maybe we've seen each other.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:22 PM   #71
crickhollow

Quote:
Are you going to UBC or SFU or what? Maybe we've seen each other.
Close, but no banana. We probably haven't run into each other. I've only ever been in Vancouver 3x. Once 5yrs ago for a dctalk concert, once 3yrs ago to a newsboys concert, and once a couple weeks ago on a field trip to the Buddhist temple in Richmond, and the Sikh temple. Gooooood Indian cuisine! and free, too! I actually go to school in Langley.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:31 PM   #72
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow

Close, but no banana. We probably haven't run into each other. I've only ever been in Vancouver 3x. Once 5yrs ago for a dctalk concert, once 3yrs ago to a newsboys concert, and once a couple weeks ago on a field trip to the Buddhist temple in Richmond, and the Sikh temple. Gooooood Indian cuisine! and free, too! I actually go to school in Langley.
[list=1][*]DC Talk - Christian[*]Newsboys - Christian[*]Buddhist and Sikh Temples - Self explanitory[/list=1]
Doesn't make alot of sense to me!? But I lik DCT and Newsboys and I would go to a Buddhist temple if I had the chance, so who am I to talk?
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 03:46 AM   #73
crickhollow

*Crickhollow makes the connection that intially flew right over her head, and then bangs her head on the keyboard, while laughing hysterically* a;dkhfa;kfhas;iefhhhh ehranfna;kdjf !!!! *hahahaha!!!!!!!*

*recovers*

I guess I should explain myself.

as I said before, I went on a FIELD TRIP to a sikh temple and a buddhist temple (also a hindu one, but that was in Surrey, i think). I'm taking an eastern world religions course. Do things fall into place now? Incidentally, after having spent a Saturday doing that, I think it would be a great for anyone of any or no religion to do, if you get the chance. Being part of a school group, we had "host" waiting for us at each location who was willing to answer any questions, and explain what different rituals meant.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:01 PM   #74
Arian
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by notthatinnocent
California, U.S.A.

-Laura
What is u'r zip code just wondering!!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:47 AM   #75
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Haha!
Buddhist temples also give out free food. But I think you have to go on a Saturday...or whatever day they have the main service. Vegetarian only, of course.
Comparative religions courses are good. I think they should be mandatory in high school. It's good social context. Especially with so many stereotypes about the "other guys" going around poisoning people, it's good to make sure people get accurate information.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:12 AM   #76
crickhollow

Quote:
Comparative religions courses are good. I think they should be mandatory in high school. It's good social context. Especially with so many stereotypes about the "other guys" going around poisoning people, it's good to make sure people get accurate information.
ain't that the truth. There is a new Sikh temple in my home county, and after September 11th a lot of people were pretty suspicious about them. I drove past it a few weeks later, when I was home on break, and they had a huge american flag hanging out front. I hope they didn't hang it up b/c they were afraid of rumors that were flying.

It sounds funny because our two cultures are so different, but I think that Sikhism is really closly related in principle to Christianity. It's sad that there is so much distrust, and even sadder to think that because of past events that some of that distrust is not unwarranted.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:44 AM   #77
Ararax
Elven Warrior

yea if your gonna eat at a buddist or hindu temple its byob aka bring your own beef, or rather dont,
anyway to the first question im from jersey but spend time in pennslyvania also a bit in newyork
Old 03-11-2002, 02:03 PM   #78
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I'm from So. Cal. USA, but I've lived in Costa Rica, Germany, England, Switzerland, Scotland, France, Greece and Albania.

BEAT THAT!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 02:13 PM   #79
Ararax
Elven Warrior

*Takes out his club "twack twack"*
ok what now?
Old 03-11-2002, 02:29 PM   #80
crickhollow

What part of So. Cali? I lived in Mission Viejo (orange county) for the first ten years of my life.