Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2002, 02:12 AM   #61
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Good, good. Hmm, maybe we'll all need approval from Cirdan--I say we increase the number of stuff to bring to eight or nine. I keep thinking of more useful stuff I would want! But if we have a big fellowship with all of our five things, we can share (some of it, anyway) and we will get along fine.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 09:09 AM   #62
Elf Girl
Lurker

probably if one of us has the blessing of the Valar, it will affect all of us unless we get separated. I'll take the blessing, since im an elf and don't need snoeshoes or elaborate clothing.

My list needs updateing again.

1. Blessing of the Valar
2. Elven-rope
3. Orc-Alarm sword
4. Mithril coat
5. Small pouch of gems (for bartering purposes)
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:00 PM   #63
Ararax
Elven Warrior

always pack a desert eagle .50 that and some ammo
Old 03-11-2002, 12:18 PM   #64
Eruviel Greenleaf

Ararax--we really shouldn't be bringing guns to Middle-earth! It would ruin the whole atmosphere. . .

Okay, here's my updated packing list. I'm assuming that if one of our fellowhsip has the blessing of the valar, we're all covered. And I'm not bringing snowshoes, as I don't need them, being an elf, but anyone can borrow mine!

1. A bow from Lothlorien. With a full quiver, please!
2. Two knives, of elven make, with an orc alarm system (that counts as one thing, doesn't it?)
3. A silmaril.
4. elven rope
5. a mithril coat

And I already have elven garb. Food is seperate, right?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #65
Ararax
Elven Warrior

next thing you knwo it will be no light sabers either
Old 03-11-2002, 12:30 PM   #66
Eruviel Greenleaf

Light sabers? Good idea! No, I say we should keep it to Middle-earth stuff.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:18 PM   #67
Ararax
Elven Warrior

oh darn
*ararax atarts putting away his acme tactical nuclear missle*
Old 03-11-2002, 01:39 PM   #68
Eruviel Greenleaf

I happen to be a Middle-earth purist when it comes to packing. LOL. Hey, if I'm bringing along my nice new snowshoes from REI I can't talk. . .wait, I'm leaving those, I don't need them . I am an elf.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-11-2002, 04:48 PM   #69
Ararax
Elven Warrior

yea elves get to walk on snow, humans get snowboards
Old 03-11-2002, 06:38 PM   #70
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Treebeard

I'll be in the Fellowship of Mooters!!
And I have a (long) quest for us! This is it - First, we buy all the One Rings off Ebay, so we're gonna need over 40,000 people in our Fellowship.

Then, we get seven of the 40,000 members to fight some battles e.t.c. They will be:
- Someone who doesn't mind getting chased by weird Black Riders, getting rescued from a hill by a strange singing being, following a mysterious figure across country, nearly getting eaten by a giant octopus, nearly getting killed by an orc in a mine, crossing stinky marshes with a little slimy thing, getting tied up by a giant spider, getting robbed by orcs, climbing a big mountain, being watched all the time by a disembodied eye, having a bizarre little friend who calls you 'Mr. Frodo', and is a Hobbit.

- Someone who doesn't mind doing all the above stuff, carrying heavy packs, setting loose a pony, and is a Hobbit.

- Someone who likes ale, doesn't mind being captured by orcs, joining in a battle with some trees, looking into a crystal ball and coming eye to eye with a disembodied eye, paying service to a nutty king who kills himself, getting picked on by some old guy with a stick, being a pain in the neck, and is a Hobbit.

- Someone who likes ale, doesn't mind being captured by orcs, joining in a battle with some trees, paying service to another old king, fighting a big black bird, nearly getting killed by a big black bird, and is a Hobbit.

This are all I'm writing for now, I have more, but I don't want to fill up all the space the Moot has! If you like these, tell me and I'll do the others.

P.S Obviously you know who each 'someone' is meant to be. Any suggestions which Mooters would be good for the roles?

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 10:49 PM   #71
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Ararax
yea elves get to walk on snow, humans get snowboards
Yeah, but snowboards aren't great going up hill I think elves would like snowboards, too, probably. Whee! Speeding down snow-covered slopes at insane speeds!

Kwijibo--
I volunteer to take the part of the one who doesn't mind battle with orcs, can walk on snow and run really far in short periods of time, is an expert archer, doesn't mind chasing after two captured halflings, following future kings around, walking the paths of the dead, hearing the cries of gulls, and bringing back more of my people to make Minas Tirith more of a garden, and is an elf, and has a friend (dwarf) that he calls "Friend Gimli."
Yeah, I'll take that part, no problem. Oh, and I nominate Tanoliel to be Pippin, if no one has any objection. What do you say, Tano?

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-11-2002, 11:07 PM   #72
Ararax
Elven Warrior

trick is only humans ould invent snowboards just as im sure humans invented beer
Old 03-12-2002, 01:00 AM   #73
Michelle The Fair
Enting

1. Mithril coat
2. Nenya
3. Elven-rope
4. Elven-sword with sheath
5. blessing of the Valar

i would love to join this fellowship. WHERE DO MEET? AND WHEN DO WE LEAVE???

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 01:42 AM   #74
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Ararax
trick is only humans ould invent snowboards just as im sure humans invented beer
True, but we can borrow them. . .*grins evilly* And even if humans invented beer, we (Elves) invented Miruvor, which I believe to be far superior. . .

Oh, good, Michelle, do join our Fellowship!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:43 PM   #75
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

We need someone who has a big long beard, big long eyebrows, wears a big grey or white hat and robes, has a long stick which makes cool flashes of lightening, someone who doesn't mind fighting with a big fiery thing and then chasing to the top of a mountain. He mustn't mind being locked up by a traitor on the top of a tower, he mustn't mind leading a city against a huge army of orcs and mustn't mind dying (and then coming back to life again).

We also need two gorgeous guys - one who doesn't mind dying and one that just happens to be a king. The one who dies has to be able to fight with swords, defend short people, play a horn and do big tough stuff.

The one that happens to be a king must have several different names, must unsettle small people in pubs and appear really threatening, must be able to speak Elvish, must be able to fight with swords, must be able to row boats, mustn't mind killing things, mustn't be afraid of getting dead people to turn the tide of a War and must do REALLY big tough stuff.

Suggestions? (in my opinion, no one is worthy of being Aragorn!)

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:45 PM   #76
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

BTW, we'll also need some baddies. If Ne1 knows where to find a disembodied red eye ball, let us know!

YAY! I'm an Elven Warrior!

Old 03-12-2002, 02:51 PM   #77
Ararax
Elven Warrior

yea there was some floating red eye in mordor last i heard why dont you go down and ask him if he wants to play
Old 03-12-2002, 03:54 PM   #78
Eruviel Greenleaf

I think I saw a flaming red eyeball the other day. . .
And I nominate my brother to be an orc! (I don't think he'll be too keen on it, but I'll just threaten him with singing every elven song I know). . .nevermind, he isn't even on entmoot. But we could get all those non-Tolkien people out there to be baddies. . .we don't have to tell them!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:41 PM   #79
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Hehe....riiight...it's an open-eyed conspiracy against Sauron! Yahhhh! er....*erRp* sorry...
We also need a few short curly-haired guys in old english clothing (which is adorable, IMHO!) who appear totally useless and then turn out to be very helpful by the end.
-tano
what d'ya mean, Eruviel? I ain't catching up! Pshaw...

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 09:42 PM   #80
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Bows gracefully,"i would be honored to join your fellowship. You may call me by my Elven name, Manveri."

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'

Last edited by Michelle The Fair : 03-12-2002 at 09:44 PM.
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote