Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2004, 05:55 PM   #61
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
I hope I'm not confusing anyone with details when I point out that all the votes are not counted, yet. And I hope the Republican Christian Party will permit us to disagree about some of those returns. They look rather shady from here.
Damn - democrats are really sore losers. Face it - you lost - it doesn't matter what percentage Kerry lost by - he lost. The only thing that "close" matters in is horseshoes.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #62
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Inked - I haven't read your whole post yet, but the first paragraph made mething of this. I was watching C-SPAN lastnight and they had a panelist of media people - NY Times, Newsweek, Conservative Republic and others. They're attitude was that the people who voted for Bush were idiots and were people who don't watch the news - or only watch one news programmer like Fox. They said it was the uneducated who voted for Bush. I think my statement in my letter to Time Magazine is very true - the elitish media.
Do you think this article is accurate on that subject? I found it very interesting (note that it's two pages long).
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:42 PM   #63
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun-star
Do you think this article is accurate on that subject? I found it very interesting (note that it's two pages long).
I agree with most of it yeah. As matter of fact - that issue was mentioned on the media panel I saw in C-SPAN. One of the panelists said that there was this show on tv - it was always one of the top rated shows on tv - but she knew no one who watched it. It ended up that everyone watching it was from Texas, Oklahoma and that area of the country - not New Yorkers and the small part of her world.

I do think that a lot of the reason why people came out and voted though for Bush was because of people like Michael Moore, the stuck-up hollywood crowd, elitist media who think that people who don't side with them politically are obviously morons and the intelligensia who think, as my mother would say, their **** doesn't stink.

I found it interesting to see this thing on French news after the election about Bush - how he knows how to connect with people. It went on about how he is smart, that he went to Yale and got good grades, and then yet he likes the simple things in life and will put on the air of being a "hick" - but it's at everyones peril if they think he's dumb and that's what happened to Kerry and many people on the left - they tried to portray Bush as dumb - when he's far from it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-09-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM   #64
inked
Elf Lord

Sun-starr, That article is RIGHTEOUS AND RIGHT ON (spot-on for across the pond-ers). Did reading it remind you of my OK friend's note? Are you surprised that I have Scots-Irish heritage,also?

I'd fit in in NY like the mole on MISS Kitty's face, if you know what that means! And, I'm proud of it, too! But, when those Islamic terorrists hit the Twin Towers, by God, they hit Americans! They and I might not have agreed on much of anything, but we can agree on that much.

The whining Democrats will eventually get over it, I hope. History and statistics show that everybody's lover, former Slick Willie Clinton (yes, Monica, he was President) did not do as well in surveys or polls as President Bush. But he got it for 8 years, as I recall.

So did GW.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:13 PM   #65
jerseydevil

Here is the way NJ voted. I've marked where I live in yellow. The diagonal blue "line" going from the northeast to Trenton is known as the Rt 1 corridor - which I live in.

As you can see - NJ was by area a red state - but the large population centers voted democrat.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-09-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:25 PM   #66
jerseydevil

BTW - one of Bush's most hated cabinet members by the democrats has just resigned - John Ashcroft. I wonder who will take his place.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #67
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

So basically, you're saying "no".

[EDIT: flame bait deleted-Eärniel]

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:26 AM.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:37 PM   #68
jerseydevil

Quote:
So basically, you're saying "no".
No - that isn't what I'm saying. You seem to be implying that it's actually going to change the outcome of the election though. Do you honestly believe there are enough votes to get Kerry in - or are you just living in dream world? I mean come on - the last election democrats claimed that peopel were purposely prevented from voting - when all the analysis of that election said that the overwhelming majority of problems was people's downright stupidity and not voting properly. Now here we are again and democrats are trying to claim that the votes were all wrong.

[EDIT: reply concerning deleted post removed - Eärniel]

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #69
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Edit: Flame bait deleted - Eärniel]

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #70
jerseydevil

EDIT: reply concerning deleted post removed-Eärniel]

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:53 PM   #71
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

[EDIT: flame bait removed- Eärniel]

Now, my analysis is:

The Democratic Party should not change to appease the religious fad that is currently seizing the mind of America.

We must work to ensure that all votes are always counted.

[EDIT: flame-bait removed- Eärniel]

We want to make it the law of the land. We are the moral party. We oppose war. We oppose the continuation of the military-industrial complex. We protect the rights of minorities, even those who choose to be minorities. We already have the moral high ground.

So my analysis is, we shouldn't change to "reach" out to the zealots on the right. We should hold our ground. We are right, and we shouldn't give up.

I'm Pete, the sore loser, the whiner, the intolerant boor who dares to point at hypocrise and call it what it is!

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:57 PM   #72
jerseydevil

Quote:
I'm Pete, the sore loser, the whiner, the intolerant boor who dares to point at hypocrise and call it what it is!
Yeah - sure - considering I'm atheist - you really call it the way it is.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-09-2004, 09:01 PM   #73
jerseydevil

Quote:
We want to make it the law of the land.
So in other words you want to take away personal freedoms then - Good to know. I would rather give my money freely the way I do - than be taxed to death by the "nanny state". It's much more fulfilling to give on your own - than it is to be forced to by the government. But I know - you are oh so superior than the idiots that voted for Bush - right?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #74
Millane
The Dude

EDIT: off topic reply removed - Eärniel]

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:37 AM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #75
jerseydevil

EDIT: reply to of-topic post removed- Eärniel]

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #76
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

People, azalea will not be pleased when she comes back and finds her thread deteriorating. I'll stress what azalea said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
The topic is: giving personal analysis of, or discussing other peoples' analysis of, the election, why it looked the way it did, and its future implications for the US.

It is NOT to discuss personal views on various topics. I invite anyone who wishes to discuss anything in further detail that doesn't directly address "post-election analysis" to start a new thread.

Remember to be sweet to each other. Don't make personal attacks, and report any posts you find offensive. That will also ensure the survival of the thread. If you think a joking comment will be taken the wrong way, refrain from posting it in the interest of harmony. Thanks guys!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #77
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

[EDIT: reply to deleted post removed - Eärniel]

If you want to post an analysis, fine; it's then anyone's right to respond to it, as was stated in the opening post, as long as it's done politely.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #78
jerseydevil

[EDIT:quote from deleted post removed - Eärniel]

And actually - World News Tonight had on about the number of e-mails they had been getting complaining about cheating at the polls and stuff. Ohio was mentioned because of a website - the website has since taken it down because they were incorrect. Then the democrats were also complaining about florida - saying that there were more democrats registered in certain counties - but bush won. Yet - the thing is - Republicans have won those counties (in particual Lafayette) every election since George Bush '41.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by Earniel : 11-10-2004 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #79
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
I see you bring up the 2000 election - even though the popular vote is meaningless.
oooooh.... so its meaningless when bush loses it but when you get whopping 51% you shout it from the mountain tops. love the hypcorisy.

oh and another thing Im enjoying is the massive gloat factor of republicans thumping their chest and struting and shouting ha ha we won OUR team is the best! while at the very same time saying see good values matter. oh dear sweet irony. But enjoy it I say. its your victory to savor. and if it all comes down to a brat with a big lolipop mentality for you then more power to you. youve only got four years to rub it in the faces of democrats right? after all thats what winning a presidential election is all about.... right....?

So looks like the cabinet is crumbling. evans. rumsfield. tommy thompson. surely there will be some other names soon to follow. Do you anticipate the new cabinet going in an even more conservative direction then the past one since we are lead to assume the country is more conservative then ever? or will bush actually reach out to a wider circle of folk because he feels hes in better control of things politically and he doesnt need a bunch of people all of the same mindset as back up?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #80
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
oooooh.... so its meaningless when bush loses it but when you get whopping 51% you shout it from the mountain tops. love the hypcorisy.
I'm not shouting it from the mountain tops - it's the fact that the democrats want to act like he didn't win with a majority - which is more than you can say for Clinton. Just trying to put things in perceptive here.
Quote:
oh and another thing Im enjoying is the massive gloat factor of republicans thumping their chest and struting and shouting ha ha we won OUR team is the best! while at the very same time saying see good values matter. oh dear sweet irony. But enjoy it I say. its your victory to savor. and if it all comes down to a brat with a big lolipop mentality for you then more power to you. youve only got four years to rub it in the faces of democrats right? after all thats what winning a presidential election is all about.... right....?

Again - this reaction is because of the constant whining by the democrats. Look at how much stuff is in the media about the outrage and shock and the attitude toward the people who voted for Bush. If the democrats just accepted that they lost - you would find a lot less voices out there from the Bush supporters.
Quote:
So looks like the cabinet is crumbling. evans. rumsfield. tommy thompson. surely there will be some other names soon to follow. Do you anticipate the new cabinet going in an even more conservative direction then the past one since we are lead to assume the country is more conservative then ever? or will bush actually reach out to a wider circle of folk because he feels hes in better control of things politically and he doesnt need a bunch of people all of the same mindset as back up?
I don't think it's any different than any other administration in history and Colin Powell has said that he is planning on staying on - but it's unsure if he will become Ambassador to the UN. So if Bush brings in democrat - what will your attitude be? I know how negative you are at everything - so I'm sure you'll come up with some reason why you don't like it.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide