Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2002, 04:22 PM   #61
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel ooc yeah im on

Fimbren, fimbren pondered Firglinwen why does that name sound familliar??????

"Allorien, Legolas thank the Valar your safe!!! Lord Aragorn, Gimli, Mithradir thank you for rescuing us."
Old 09-21-2002, 01:25 PM   #62
Allorien
Hobbit

"Gandalf, what has happened to me??" cried Allorien. She was shaking with fear and fury and pain. "Firglinwen...Legolas....what happened to you while the eye was attacking me?? I am so scared..."
At that moment the eye appeared to both Allorien and Legolas. It was like a horrible searing pain in her mind's eye she fell over from the shock and Legolas let out a screech of pain, thouroughly scaring all present.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:44 PM   #63
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

ooc:i'm gonna start saying "I" when i'm talking about Fir is that ok with everyone?
ic: I rush over to where Allorien and Legolas are lying there, I put an arm around each of them and try to comfort them. "Why hasn't sauron attacked me yet?" I wonder.
"Gandalf is there anything you can do? Fimbren is there anything you can do to help them they are in serious pain!"
"Firglinwen, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do at this moment," replied Fimbren.
"I can give them some herbs that will cause them to sleep while we plan what to do." Said Gandalf to me.
"Anything to help them," I replied.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:22 PM   #64
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Gandalf orderd me to fetch some water and boil it for the herbs. I lit a fire and started to boil the herbs in till they gave out a calming sweet scent. I watched as Allorien and Legolas slowly fell asleep and out of pain.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:47 PM   #65
Allorien
Hobbit

Treebeard

As Allorien slept, she had blurry muddled dreams... some seemed pointless and normal, yet others seemed more like visions and glimses of what was happening and what will be. She saw the dark lord Sauron on his dark throne, stroking the ring with a maliciousness and almost a crazed obsession. She saw Frodo and Sam... Frodo was crying... why was he crying?? Sam was sitting over the fire trying to comfort Frodo... Allorien's minds eye swung around so she could see Herself, Legolas and Firglinwen. It was dawn and it seemed to not yet have happened. She saw Firglinwen be thrust to the ground and heard herself cry out in suprise. A split second later she felt herself plummeting to the ground and tumbling down the hill. Legolas was reaching after her, but it was too late, the Nazgul had captured the three elves.The view suddenly switched. She saw Legolas at the hands of three orcs and her hands beating desperately on one of the orcs. She was trying to save her beloved Legolas, but her attempts seemed futile.

Last edited by Allorien : 09-21-2002 at 08:58 PM.
Allorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 11:11 AM   #66
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Allorien you are dreaming all of this ? Right?

Ic: I watched Allorien as she slept. She twisted around desperatly as though trying to escap a nightmare that seemed to have no end. I wished she could at least have one dream or moment of paece. I also thought about Gollum and what he was going to do now that he had the chance to do as he wished.

"Mithrindir what shall we do about the creature Gollum?"
"I know he cannot get the ring now but he is still vonurable to the dark lord and could join him and become as he was. Maliciuse(sp) and demented."
Old 09-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #67
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

"Aragorn should we wake up Allorien, she looks like shes having a horrible dream?" Just then she heard a screech of pain from Legolas in his sleep.
"What was that?" Yelled Gimli in shock.

ooc: do we have someone playing Gimli??
Old 09-22-2002, 01:23 PM   #68
Allorien
Hobbit

occ: Yes Sicirus, I was dreaming that.
ic: Through her tangled dreams she heard, or rather felt, his wish of her having a moments peace. She saw the orcs take Legolas and herself but Firglinwen managed to escape. She was thrown over a black horse that was drenched in sweat. She saw Gandalf hoist Firglinwen up to the saddle as her took off at a furious pace after the disgusting orcs. Everything went black but for a shining circle of light, which upon it was enscribed some elvish script, yet she could not read it. However, she knew in her heart that this was the one ring of power. In her mind's eye she saw herself reach for the ring and she felt it slip on her finger. The feeling which followed was that of weightlessness, but she saw the Nazgul approaching towards her and the ring encircling her finger with a tight breathless grip. She wished she could wake up or fall asleep or something... She felt the plea from the real world again, for her just to lie still, have a moment of peace. She fought desperately to realize that wish... She could not take it anymore.

To Allorein's suprise, she suddenly fell, dreamless, into an almost placid world. Feeling her muscles relax slightly she sighed and began to drift in to pleasant sleep.

And then a sudden spasm overtook her body. The herbs were wearing off, or the Dark Lord was just too strong...But the eye seared throgh her mind and her heart. It was like a high voltage being surged through her body from her forehead to her toes. "Legolas..." she whispered. "Legolas...." louder, she called "Legolas! Aragorn! Gandalf!" She turned over in her sleep. "Legolas........."
Old 09-23-2002, 07:38 AM   #69
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
*****ELVES DON'T HAVE TO SLEEP*****
ooc: gee, not much for me to say.
ooc: you'd better get going, fellowship. (Love, Sauron)

ic:

Gandalf sat up through the night. Sitting by himself, he watched the elves (*****ELVES DON'T HAVE TO SLEEP*****) sleeping. (arrgh)

His thought (Gandalf, not Sauron's) stretched out over Middle-Earth. Feeling the focal points of power, he wondered what was going to happen. There was Rivendell, and Lothlorien, but neither as strong now as the Elven-Rings were being bonded to Sauron. None of the Keepers of the Three dared use them now. He felt Narya hanging on a chain around his neck; even the Fellowship (is it a people-ship now that there are non-fellows in it?) did not know of this secret he had. There was Edoras: not as grand as the others but with the vitality of Rohan behind it. Minas Tirith: no longer in its heyday but still the citadel of the free world. And there was Orthanc: Saruman desperate within it. Stretching out his thought just as Gandalf did now... but with a palantĂ*r. A PALANTĂŤR? Gandalf sent a desperate message to Saruman with his thoughts. <<SARUMAN! Do not use it! Sauron will find you! He is too strong---->> Something cut off Gandalf's thoughts. They turned, to the last focal point of strength in Middle-Earth, the only one rising in strength, the Dark Tower, Barad-DĂ»r.

His thought (Sauron, not Gandalf) encountered Gandalf and Saruman in conversation. They were interrupted. Still this was disturbing. Was the weak, sniveling traitor aligning himself with his former friends after all? Something must be done.

In the tower of Dol Goldur, Khamûl the Ringwraith felt the Dark Lord's call. He obeyed without question, leading the forces of the tower out and south to the Emyn Muil. Gwahair the Eagle shadowed their march and then flew southwest to warn the Fellowship (Peopleship?)

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 09-23-2002 at 07:40 AM.
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 10:25 PM   #70
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Nargond took the first watch. He had much over which to brood. Here was gandalf spouting prophecy again, reminding him that his cousin Aragorn (they call each other brother) was the TRUE heir. He didn't buy it. If their fathers were twins and no one alive knew which one was born first, then Nargond had just as much claim to the throne as Aragorn did.
Moreover, Aragorn was, once again, getting all the attention. As if he was the hero. Nargond was very bitter.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:22 PM   #71
Allorien
Hobbit

occ: Elves sleep if you give them sleeping herbs, Gandalf!!!!
ic:Allorien awoke with a start. The dreams had finally blasted her awake.She knew that they must get a move on AT ONCE.
"Legolas...Fir...Aragorn...." she said. And when she noticed Legolas wrenching in pain on the ground, she screamed. "Gandalf!!! What... What has happened??? We must go... get to Frodo and Sam!!!!!! We must go... Sauron has the ring... Hurry!! Gather your stuff... We need to GO!!!! Looking around wildly like a frenzied cat, she dropped to the ground beside Legolas. She cried out of distress, and the pain of seeing him, tall, blonde and slender, rolling on the ground in agony.
Also the eye was still clear in her mind.
"Legolas!!! " she yelped. "We must go to Frodo...and Sam... they need us!!!"

"Gandalf....HELP!!"
Old 09-24-2002, 07:44 AM   #72
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Gandalf snapped into action. Looking first at Nargond and nodding his head as if to convey some message,

<<Nargond: do not worry. Once before were the thrones set side by side in Osgiliath; it may be done again. We have enough strife before us without creating more.>>

-he spoke. "Legolas, Gimli, Allorien, Aragorn, Firglinwen, you must make for Fangorn with all speed. Nargond, Fimbren, and myself will go to Edoras. Unless there is a problem, let us be off at once. We have no time to delay!"

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-24-2002, 06:03 PM   #73
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I knelt down beside Legolas and gingerly helped him onto his feet. He was still whimpering from pain but he seemed ready for the task gandalf had orderd. I went over to the fallen orcs supplies and gathered some fresh arrows and gave them to Allorien and fir and Legolas for their bows. I looked over the spot and we moved of at once with Legolas head of the group.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:42 AM   #74
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Legolas saw Gwahair approaching. The Eagle set down Frodo and Sam with the Fellowship and motioned for Gandalf to come talk to him.
Gwahair: "Gandalf, you must move quickly. A large company of orcs, too many to fight without an army, is coming down the Anduin. They will be here in a day. Rohan must be warned."
Gwahair flew off. Gimli (mumbling): "Some help he is."
Gandalf:"Nargond, Fimbren, we must go to Edoras now!"

OOC: The rest of you could go look for M&P, Eomer, and the Ents!

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #75
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

May I please Join?
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:15 AM   #76
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: sure I beleive fimli's spot is open. Who is playing Eomer and Eowyn??
Hearing what Gwahairs message was I looked at frodo and we embraced in relief.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:57 PM   #77
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: Ms. Undomial, you could join as either Gimli, Eomer, or Eowyn with no problems.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-26-2002, 01:17 PM   #78
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

occ: I would like to be Eowyn if that is possible.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 01:54 PM   #79
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren went and embraced Frodo and Sam, “Small though mighty I was told, yet they did not do you justice.”
Fimbren sensed that there was many deep things going on as he watched Gandalf. He knew something had to be done about Saruman and sensed that Gandalf was doing just that.
Fimbren looked over towards where Allorien and Legolas sat resting for a moment before they left. He stopped suddenly and trembled slightly. Then he said. "Mithrandir, I may be able to ease their sufferings but it will cost me my own strength. I need your staff to give me light as I do this, it is best not to perform such things in the dark. My will is stronger than theirs' and it would not be the first time I have faced Gorthaur the cruel, or Sauron as he is now known."
Gandalf's staff gleamed in the darkness and Fimbren placed one hand each on Allorien and Legolas' foreheads. He began to mutter words in Quenya, first a chant to Elbereth and Manwe then to Eru himself. Sweat beaded his forehead as his healer's hands gently carressed the to elves. Sudenly Fimbren screamed and fell to the ground convulsing. Gandalf leapt forward. "COME NO NEARER!" screamed the Elf, "SEE TO THE OTHER TWO!"
To Gandalf's relief they were no longer in pain.
"YOU SHALL NOT HAVE ME SLAVE OF MORGOTH!" roared Fimbren as the eye in his mind flamed hotter and hotter. Suddenly before his eyes another flame, red as well, but a soothing red, appeared and cool hands upon his forehead. It was Gandalf, revealing to him, and him alone, the ring of fire, Narya. Fimbren took strength in having the wizard nearby and pushed the eye from his mind for the time being, nearly breaking in the process, but soon wandered into an uneasy sleep.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-26-2002 at 02:24 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 01:55 PM   #80
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

When he awoke, everyone sat around him. Allorien smiled and thanked Fimbren and Legolas embraced him fiercely.
"It is not permanent" said Fimbren sadly. "The eye will return to you, not for a few days and not quite as strongly but it will. Take peace in your rest from it and prepare yourselves for it. My years as a healer have taught me much since the days when Yavanna herself showed me the healing plants of the earth."
What Fimbren did not say is that he would be tortured with the eye now too, for their reprieve he had sacrificed his own mind but would resist and the eye he beheld was stronger yet, for he had take it from both of them and Sauron hated those who had overthrown his master as much as those who had overthrown himself.
Fimbren did not see the eye though for the rest of that day.
“Gandalf, will Frodo and Sam go withn us to Edoras and Isengard or with Aragorn to Fangorn?” he asked as they prepared to leave. "For I believe that you are right about sendng them to Fangorn," he winked at Gandalf as if only the two of them knew something about Fangorn (which was true.)
"Yet perhaps seeing that Sauron has the ring would make Saruman repent...or join Sauron more quickly. Where will the two of them go?"

(OOC: Who's Nargond and how's he related to Aragorn?)

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-26-2002 at 02:28 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote