Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2003, 08:30 AM   #61
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Re: best anime

Quote:
Originally posted by Saru_da_man
My all time favorite anime is Escaflowne, both the movie and the series. I absolutely LOVE the characters and the story, though I'm a bit disappointed at the ending.

My second favorite will have to be Princess mononoke or Spirited away.
Second Favorite?! Miyazaki rocks! How could he be second on anyone's list? Ha,ha, just kidding! In anime, I do believe Miyazaki is the best, but that's only my opinion.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:51 PM   #62
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

Nadesico is my favorite anime by far. Princess Mononoke I like, as well as Spirited Away. Must admit I also enjoyed Ghost in the Shell. Perfect Blue is apparently very good, and my friend Matt likes Lodos (or is it Logos?) Wars, the one with the Elf Deedlit.
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #63
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

You know, I"ve only seen two episodes of Nadesico. It looks really good (Yurika is funny ). Wish I could see more, but Cartoon Network only aired it during its "Giant Robot Week", along with Robotech and Evangelion (the animation is fabulous!!).
Old 04-25-2003, 12:38 PM   #64
katya
Elven Maiden

I like G Gundam, other gundam I haven't seen as much of, Dragonball and Dragonball z, yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, trigun, inu yasha, cowboy bebop, hamtaro , and...pokemon. no actually i outgrew pokemon but i used to watch it all the time and play the game even more. i like manga too.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:28 PM   #65
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Hmmmm... animes......
Well I'm not really a big freak about any of em, but this just about sums up my opinions on eveything:
-Dragonball and DBZ are okay, but due to a slight lack of cable TV I never watch it anyway.
-Anything having to do with Gundams should not have made its way to America. I hate it.
-I can't stand Cowboy Bebop either, but it has the greatest music ever.
-Akira. Never watched the whole thing, didn't really care for what I saw.
-Roujin Z is just great.
-In fact, most full movies are great, especcially ones based on martial arts.
-Like Ninja Scroll.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:52 PM   #66
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
How can you hate Cowboy Bebop? I LOVE Cowboy Bebop. Went and got the first DVD today...Hamtaro, on the other hand, is evil. EVIL!

I had a choice between Spirited Away and Cowboy Bebop: Session 1 today. Think I'm going to rent Spirited Away instead.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:43 AM   #67
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Back in the day I watched Dragonball and DBZ religiously.

I really like Kenshin if for nothing else just because of the fact that he's samurai.

Cowboy Beebop is really good.

I went out and watched all of Trigun before it came onto Cartoon Network because as a general rule Americanized versions are not the best and I prefer subtitles to dubbing. I really enjoyed the animation in Trigun and the different styles depending on Vash's mood.

Record of Lodoss War is probably on of my favorite anime. Even if it is a little of an obvious rip-off of LotR. (they got a dwarf named Gim for Eru's sake . . .)

Speaking of different animation styles, Golden Boy is the best at that. It is absolutely hilarious. I'd suggest it to anybody as long as you're interested in some crude comedy.

Now another question. How do you watch your anime? Do you guys prefer subtitles or dubbing? I have a rule where if I see something in subtitles I can never hear it dubbed because no matter what it will sound like absolute garbage. But if my first contact with the anime is in dub then I am free to watch the rest of it dubbed if that is the case.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #68
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

I love love love Cowboy Bebop! How can anyone not love it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
Record of Lodoss War is probably on of my favorite anime. Even if it is a little of an obvious rip-off of LotR. (they got a dwarf named Gim for Eru's sake . . .)
Yeah, but it was still good fun. I liked that one too, I think mainly because it reminded me alot of Lotr.

Quote:
Now another question. How do you watch your anime? Do you guys prefer subtitles or dubbing? I have a rule where if I see something in subtitles I can never hear it dubbed because no matter what it will sound like absolute garbage. But if my first contact with the anime is in dub then I am free to watch the rest of it dubbed if that is the case.
I usally perfer subtitles, but usually all I can get is dubbed. If im buying something though, I always go for subtitles. And I know what you mean about seeing it dub first. Thats usually the case with most of the animes Ive seen.
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:07 AM   #69
DraztiK
Enting

YAY DBZ!!!!!!
YAY GUNDAM WING!!!!!
YAY SAMURAI X!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOO ALL THE REST!!!!!

Our Armies in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Our Brothers in Belgium, Holland and France will not fail.
Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Italy,
Switzerland, Austria, back to the Glory of Germany!
~Manowar - Blood of the Kings~
DraztiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #70
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Kenshin is soooooo good! I love Kenshin! Actually, I love Sano...heh...um...yeah. We'd always watch episodes of Kenshin back at college anytime we didn't want to do our homework
Also like Cowboy Bebop...Yay for Vicious! riiight, villain fancier, I am...and Noir is fun. A little silly, yes, but perfectly enjoyable. My friend copied every episode onto CD for me...now if only I could get my laptop working again I could watch it. Grr. Anyway. Yes. Um. Anime. Right. Miyazaki is the best, IMO. My friends got me Spirited Away for my birthday, so now I can watch it obsessively...

Cannot. Watch. Dubbed. Anime. Dear gods, no! Never! Always always subtitled.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:19 AM   #71
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Well, some English voices ruin the anime, but it all depends. Sometimes dubbed can sound better than the original Japanese. For instance, I was watching Castle in the Sky's Japanese trailers and the hero's (Pazu's) voice was high and a bit shrill. In this case the dubbs were better. Spirited Away's English cast, on the other hand, made the main characters sound too young! Though I guess it can't be helped; Disney was left up to choosing the voice actors for dubbing.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:05 AM   #72
anduin
Entwife

Gatchaman....first anime I ever watched back in 7th grade.
X....the series that got me into anime as an adult.
Inuyasha....started watching this on CN, liked so much bought ep. 1-106 plus the movie. It is probably my favorite. X being a close second.
Trigun....Once Vash created the crater in the 5th moon this series really started to take off.
Bebop....EDWARD!!! She's the best! Has to be my favorite anime character.
Rurouni Kenshin....just started to watch this, but I like it a lot.

I prefer to watch anime subtitled. But there are some series out there that have good dubbing, Bebop is one of them. I can watch that one either way. Some however I can't stand dubbed and Inuyasha is one of them.
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 01:12 PM   #73
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Don't Inuyasha, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop come on Cartoon Network at Midnight or something? We've only got one direct TV satelite and it's hooked up to my parents' TV in their room. So I can't watch the good shows that come on at night. By the way, Spike is on of the coolest characters in anime. Is anyone going to Otakon this year?
Old 07-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #74
anduin
Entwife

Inuyasha and Bebop aren't on Adult Swim currently. Looks like Trigun is still on. Now they are showing Big O and Kikaider.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:12 AM   #75
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

You'd think they could find a better title dontcha think? Big O...
Old 07-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #76
katya
Elven Maiden

Big O...yeah, I couldn't remember what
Airbuster from Final Fantasy VII was called so for some reason i was calling it Big O...anyway...I like Kikaider. At first I didn't like the animation style (I still don't...) but the plot drew me in. Poor Jiro... Ok yeah to tell the truth i have liked (or at least been able to tolerate in small doeses for example Pokemon or Hamtaro...) almost all the anime I have seen. What I don't like is Reign (is that anime even?) and hentai. I was just thinking of Kikaider in particular though because it's on afrer Big O right now. Other shows I watch:
DBZ
Dragonball (Dragonball GT looks kind of weird but I haven't seen any...)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin (Kenshin rocks!!!) both anime and OVA
Inu Yasha (my favourite)
Trigun
Lupin III
Cowboy Bebop
Dragonhalf (that is soooo funny)
Silent Mobius
Serial Experiments Lain
G Gundam
Naruto
Yu-gi-oh! (more so the manga than the anime...)
Ranma 1/2
Gravitation
Old 07-27-2003, 04:55 PM   #77
katya
Elven Maiden

oh yeah, I forgot. I much prefer subtitles msot of the time. Though if the dub doesn't sound bad, it's good to be able to watch the art instead of the words on the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately, I mostly only have access to dubbed. (on cartoon network mostly). Subtitles are also nice if you're learning Japanese.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:28 AM   #78
anduin
Entwife

Ahh, I love your Kirara avatar! Inuyasha is my fave too. How many episodes have you seen?

I haven't seen very many episodes of Kenshin (maybe 10 or so), but it is the next series that I want to get. Do you know if it is complete yet? I have 102 episodes of Inuyasha but I know that they are still being released in Japan.

Have you seen X by Clamp? I highly recommend it if you haven't. It is complete (26 episodes). I haven't seen x/1999 OAV, but I heard that it isn't all that great, so don't judge the series if you just watch that.

Old 07-28-2003, 01:53 PM   #79
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT and seconded by Faramir:
'good anime? there is no such thing.
Add my name to the above list as in there is no good anime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

the anime of my anime is my friend?
No, the anime of my anime is my anime!

Someone tried to give me an anime once and I ran like crazy!

Last edited by Snowdog : 07-30-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:47 PM   #80
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

I guess that means it's all great?