Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-29-2004, 05:34 PM   #61
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
hehe history teachers are the worst. mine says i can get an A which i dont believe for a second. I have been getting A's in the sources paper. but i'm really bad at the other paper. oh well

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:03 AM   #62
Sono
Hobbit

öhm... what's a GCSE??
I don't know

Sure, I know the german word.

I must say, its very difficuld to understand the postings at this page! At school we never learn this words! And I must know. I'm the besst student in my english class...
But I try

Wenn Sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf. Genauer gesagt, auf der schmalen Linie zwischen Wahnsinn und Panik. Gleich um die Ecke von Todesangst nicht weit von Irrwitz und Idiotie.
Sono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #63
Janny
The Blobbit

It's the General Certificate of Secondary Education. It's the exams taken 2 yeasr before the equivalent of the Arbitur.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:44 AM   #64
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

never knew wat it stood for lol

Old 05-31-2004, 10:58 AM   #65
Janny
The Blobbit

Lol! On the topic, what does 'Woot' satnd for or derive from? Is it just like a woo for Entmoot, or is it more widely used?

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:30 PM   #66
BelegS
Enting

w00t is basically a cheeky exclaimantion and it isn't limited to Entmoot but is webwide phenomenon.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:42 PM   #67
Janny
The Blobbit

I'm afraid I'm a little slow here... why the 00's and not oos? If it's dirty just put a spoiler over it...

Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #68
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

woot is just another term i htought for like yey. often used sarcastically. to pretend ur excited or wateva. some people put to 00's instead of oo's and i dont really understand why. maybe jsut to be different maybe jsut the way its done where they are from.

Old 06-06-2004, 12:47 PM   #69
Janny
The Blobbit

Science tomorrow? I have the eternal joy that is biology... hmmm, maybe I should revise... oh well I suppose it's too late... *yawns*

Old 06-06-2004, 01:09 PM   #70
Hemel
Elven Warrior

Snap again!

Ah well, this time tomorrow it'll be over. Another one to cross off the list. Only another couple of weeks to go.

Best of luck
Hemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:35 PM   #71
Janny
The Blobbit

Thanks. Yes, it's only another 10 days of exams... lies, damn lies and statistics... it's 10 days more on which I have one or two exams... but it will be over this time in 20 days time. Woo. That doesn't seem like ages off.
Actually the waiting is the hardest part, I mean, I go to a good school (though I usually deny it) and we're all prepared for exams had we choosen to pay a little attention. For the most part I know everything I need to know (apart from history... *evils to teacher... who can't see me so, heck*). The problem is that study leave grants you so much time. It's hard to revise some things that you know... it's almost like I peaked for exams a while ago. I mean, I would certainly would have done better in sciences had I taken them 2 weeks ago.
I'm sorry, I didn't catch what your actual connection with GCSEs was Hemel.

Old 06-06-2004, 07:07 PM   #72
Hemel
Elven Warrior

I have a cousin taking them. So when you say what you're doing, Janny, it's usually a snap, because she's doing the same thing at the same time. Though .... history happens to be her best subject

I understand about peaking early for exams. That's a killer, when you have still to go on and on, and you were ready ages ago. It's easy to go stale. She's been happy about the study leave, because she works better by herself and was getting really stressed because the teachers at school were piling on homework 'to help you revise'. But even so, she's said herself that these last two or three days of half-term she's lost impetus - it's all gone on too long.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:26 AM   #73
Janny
The Blobbit

That's exam fatigue. Not too many exams, too much time...
Ah, I envy her. I'm supposed to be good at history. That's worse than just simply being bad at it.

Actually, we had revision lessons in our normal timetable, but very few lessons outside class, and VERY little homework. I stopped doing homework pretty much after the first year when we stopped doing coursework.

Old 06-08-2004, 05:43 AM   #74
Hemel
Elven Warrior

Yeah, about history Oh the PRESSURE if you're assumed to be good at something. Oh the EXPECTATIONS! (What??? ... You only got an A*? )

I gather biology wasn't too wonderful, yesterday. And it's maths today, right?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:35 AM   #75
Janny
The Blobbit

Yes maths non-calculator. No pressure for me there either
Biology was weird actually. It lacked questions on what you would expect to be real must ask topics. Nothing on osmosis, diffusion, transpiration, and bizarre questions which asked for knowledge in funny ways.

Old 06-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #76
Janny
The Blobbit

So that was nasty. I mean it could do it, but it wasn't particularly friendly. (I did Edexcel, my fellow Nagties who did it on OCR had a whale of an easy time apparently :rollseyes:

Old 06-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #77
Janny
The Blobbit

Woo! No more graphicsever, and Eng Lang 1 out the way...
I have German writing and reading tomorrow...

Old 06-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #78
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Ive got german read and write too. shouldnt be too bad. i did a practice paper earlier and i think i did ok. good luck with yours

english wasnt too bad. had my last latint he other day. which i am soooooo glad is over. i never ever ever have to looka t another latin phrase again!!!!! wooooohoooooo however need to do major revision of chem and history this weekend!! which board are you with for english?

Old 06-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #79
Hemel
Elven Warrior

Yep, that's what my cousin said, about the biology. Everything she thought was certain to come up didn't, it was more obscure topics, and the questions were phrased in what she said were pompous ways.

Last edited by Hemel : 06-10-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:49 AM   #80
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

yeh some of the biology ones were awfully phrased!!!! especially the last question on our paper it just made absolutely no sense! oh well German was fine today. much better than i thought it would be.

6 MORE TO GO!!!!