Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2002, 11:07 AM   #61
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Awww Mirrille, Just keep plugging away! Please don't take it too hard. You really don't know why all the rejections, really! You imagine it's something lacking in you, but the reason can very easily be something out of your control. (probably is!) Gosh, That's the lesson of the Tweens, life is a real b*tch! Teachers and parents and other well meaning adults help out when you're young and make it seem easy, but it's not! Just (as my hubby and I have to say constantly) do the best you can and keep plugging away! DON'T take it so personnally ! You are a very cool, wonderful person I'm sure.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:03 PM   #62
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
Then it's not really regret. Regret is a feeling of sorrow over something that has passed.

More than likely, may I say, you've a more elvish outlook on life (as do I). The draught we drink is bittersweet, but it's taste is better for that.

Honestly, sometimes life breaks my heart. But sorrow makes the joys of life more poignant, and more beautiful.
It is regret. I regret things, but somehow I find that I don't feel sorrow for them; I just wish they never happened. Or maybe in some little obsecure corner of my head there is sorrow, but I tend to veer away from it and not recognize it's there.

I agree with the elvish outlook on life. Sometimes life really hurts at times and I don't understand it, but I always find that even the little joys can brighten me up and erase the sorrows away. All happiness seems to flood light into the darkened spots.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 06-06-2002 at 04:07 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:47 PM   #63
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

If you wish they'd never happened, then it would seem that you are sorry that they did.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:09 PM   #64
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Well, hey, I can say "I wish that never happened!" but it doesn't mean I have to mumble/groan/cry about it. It's not necessarily something you can feel sorry for, if in truth, it wasn't your fault. It's not that I feel sorry, because I won't, but I do sometimes think, "Now, that wasn't right. It shouldn't have happened."
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:28 PM   #65
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

What you mean to say is it's not all that important?
Old 06-07-2002, 03:01 AM   #66
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I regret the fact that I only started my BA now, in this late stage of mine life.

Wait.....I'm 21........err nevermind

[regret]Hmmm.......maybe I shouldn't have started that BCom......[/regret]
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 11:38 PM   #67
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

regrets.. hmm.. in addition to me being a bitch, i regret eating so much food... all the time.. i don't like being chubby
Old 06-21-2002, 05:31 PM   #68
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

"It's an awful truth that suffering can deepen us, give a greater luster to our colors, a richer resonance to our words. That is, if it doesn't destroy us, if it doesn't burn away the optimism and the spirit, the capacity for visions, and the respect for simple yet indispensable things."

lestat

culled from RE's crossroads of arda

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 07:54 PM   #69
Sicirus
Elf Lord

That is a really true and truthfull quote.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:34 AM   #70
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

LIfe is full of regrets. It's how you respond to those feelings of regret that make the difference. Some people let these regrets crush their spirit. Others learn and accept the mistakes and try to avoid them. The quote should really be "That which does not kill us CAN make us stronger."

Regrets, I got a mountain of them. I've tried to learn from them all. Some events are just pointless pain that you endure. When you are confident in the knowledge of what you can survive, when a familiar threat or catastrophe occurs, you know, despite the fear, that you are capable of overcoming or withstanding it.

Someone once said that the key to happiness is a poor memory. To some degree that is true, but you must learn from the bad decisions, accpept that the past is the past, and live in the moment. Too much baggage can ruin any trip.

I was asked recently if I was afraid of the surgery I'm having soon. I said no, and the response was, "well, there are benifits to growing older." The implication is that, having survived the "slings and aroows of outrageous fortune" this long, then "once more, to the breech" is not an overwhelming feeling and I can deal with the issues in a less desparate and irrational way.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote