FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-16-2003, 06:16 PM   #61
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
Meh... I'll get around to it. Maybe.
*nods* same here....

Still haven't seen The Two Towers, but I'm considering taking a look at the extended edition. Or not.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:21 PM   #62
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

In 6 hours and 40 minutes and I will be watching it
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:26 PM   #63
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I'll be seeing it in 3 hrs and 35 min.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #64
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylvee Estel
I'll be seeing it in 3 hrs and 35 min.
Me too! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 12-16-2003, 10:20 PM   #65
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm seeing it TOMORROW! (On the 17th.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #66
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I'm seeing it tonight at 7:30!!!!! I can't wait!!!! I even made a shirt that says "I love Feanaro" using the Tengwar! I am such a geek!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:15 PM   #67
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Arien the Maia
I'm seeing it tonight at 7:30!!!!! I can't wait!!!! I even made a shirt that says "I love Feanaro" using the Tengwar! I am such a geek!
Who is Feanaro? I saw you say it before as well. Do you mean "Fëanor"?

--Linaewen
Old 12-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #68
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Who is Feanaro? I saw you say it before as well. Do you mean "Fëanor"?
Fëanáro is the real Quenya name for Fëanor. Fëanor is a Sindarin/Quenya mix of the name. The true Sindarin name would be Faenor.

(I love Quenya!)
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:48 PM   #69
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Ah but then again feanor (+variants) wasn't his birthname anyway
Old 12-17-2003, 04:13 PM   #70
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I am unfortunately not able to see RotK until Saturday night (the 20th)!!!! Aaaaaaargh! Oh well, I'm going with a great group of friends, and we might dress up (or at least I'll be dressing up!). Yay...but darn at the same time: I still have to wait three whole days!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #71
Gerbil
Elf Lord

While I'm waiting, I'm struggling to get out an early version of my map of helm's deep for a game called Enemy Territory (it's free, search for it on google) - or you can look at screenshots at:

http://theburrow.fragland.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

While I am having to add / remove various features for techy reasons - I reckon the fort itself looks pretty damn good, and when I've got the textures sorted it should rock \o/
Old 12-17-2003, 04:47 PM   #72
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I've already seen RotK. Midnight-oh-one. Technically the 17th. That movie is bloody LONG!

As my friend and I walked out of the theatre, a reporter stopped us and interviewed us. We were on the front page of the newspaper.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:27 PM   #73
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

I'M GOING ON A FEILD TRIP TO SEE IT ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!! YA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 06:31 PM   #74
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

I'M GOING TONIGHT! At 10:30, it's kind of late, but I don't want to wait.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #75
Anadriewen
Enting

I finally saw it! YAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! My sis took me to see it for my b-day. I got a popcorn bucket that had lotr pics on it. It looks just like my KFC bucket, just with more pics.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #76
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

I saw the it on trilogy tuesday! that was so cool, everyone was cheering and clapping, and there were people dressed up as an Elf, two Hobbits, and a Nazgul. It was long but SOOO worth it. I saw it again two days later and again on the twenty sixth and I saw it a fourth time on the tenth af this month. So yeah, I am loving it, my mom is as big a fan as I am so i get it easy there. Hopefully I will get to see it again this weekend, so we will see...
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the lost Isle calling,
In Eresëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
mallondwen is offline   Reply With Quote