Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:16 PM   #61
Maedhros
The Tall

Alas poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio. A fellow of infinite jest.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #62
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I'll miss you Ruinel ...but I probably would have done the same thing SGH did. Shoot! What's she supposed to do? She's damned if she enforces the rules, and damned if she doesn't. Ru, you had total control over this situation by controlling yourself! I don't want to rain on your parade or anything though! And I will miss you. Maybe, the situation could be reconsidered .........if you put yourself in SGH place for awhile, and thought about this realistically? Rules are there for a reason, they really do make things go smoothly.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #63
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
whoa alot can happen when you dont pay attention....

just read the 3 or so pages and it sounds ocmpicated i think il watch froma safe distance. stil tryin to decide whether it was really wortha permanent ban. think it might have been a bit harsh. ah well.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 05-25-2004, 05:47 PM   #64
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanza
it sounds ocmpicated
That was uncalled for.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #65
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Ruinel, this place isn't the same without you. I miss you and hope to see you again someday.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 05-25-2004, 09:41 PM   #66
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Sorry to have go Ru...it was fun pming you, and thank you very much for the anti virus program, it works wonderfully....
*wipes tear*
Please email me at
wolfieamadeusmozart@hotmail.com

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 10:02 PM   #67
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

hey why arent we protesting? Runiel's banning for life was a bit harsh!!
maybe like 2 weks would have been sufficient.
ill miss reading your funny posts Runiel even though i never really did post regularly with you.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Old 05-25-2004, 10:04 PM   #68
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
hey why arent we protesting? Runiel's banning for life was a bit harsh!!
maybe like 2 weks would have been sufficient.
ill miss reading your funny posts Runiel even though i never really did post regularly with you.
Why was it too harsh? She couldn't even handle a 2 day ban.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #69
eowyngirl14

well i dont understand why seh was banned in the first place, her little comment in the Abuse of Soldiers thread was meant ot be sarcastic and not taken seriously, if this is why she was banned in the first place it seems to harsh.
and the hole banning issue seems to be very shady. as the public of entmoot we have a right to know why are dearly loved fellow mooter was banned! (or maybe we dont, but it sounded like Runiel wanted us to know)
and going from 2 days to 5 days to LIFE seems a bit harsh to me, but i dont know the whole situation so i should prolly shut up now.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-25-2004, 10:13 PM   #70
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

I know this is all very stressful to the younger and the less experienced, never the less, this old man finds many of the highly exagerated reactions (here, and all around on the internet) maladaptive.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"
Old 05-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #71
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
well i dont understand why seh was banned in the first place, her little comment in the Abuse of Soldiers thread was meant ot be sarcastic and not taken seriously, if this is why she was banned in the first place it seems to harsh.
and the hole banning issue seems to be very shady. as the public of entmoot we have a right to know why are dearly loved fellow mooter was banned! (or maybe we dont, but it sounded like Runiel wanted us to know)
and going from 2 days to 5 days to LIFE seems a bit harsh to me, but i dont know the whole situation so i should prolly shut up now.
Your exactly right. You don't understand. You do not know the half of it, so why don't you and everyone else just be quiet. You haven't the faintest idea what happened.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #72
eowyngirl14

maladaptive?? i dont even know what that means.
i see your point SGH. but also, for all us restless younger folk who dont understand who Runiel was banned its hard to just sit back and watch her go. (does that sound melodramatic)
SGH you did what you felt was neccesary in the situation and i respect your decision. but not telling the whole story and only hearing bits and peices of it from other ppl is makign it a bigger deal and making it seem shady, like something not good happened. well li mean its never good when someone is banned... okay im just going to shut up. (im sure im not helping the situation)

*shuts up!*
*starts watchign newly acquired ROTK DVD*

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-25-2004, 10:34 PM   #73
hectorberlioz

Lol, Eowyn14

Well, I think SGH, bieng someone who knew Ruinel herself, doesnt want to treat this ban like she's wanted it all along. She's cut Ruinel some slack before, wanting to give her chances. It wouldnt seem proper just blurting it all out proudly

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-25-2004, 11:15 PM   #74
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
By the way, why was Blackboar banned? Can't seem to remember what she did...
IIRC, she and a friend (V-something or other) pretended that she was dead.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:18 PM   #75
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
IIRC, she and a friend (V-something or other) pretended that she was dead.
Yeah. She posted that pic of that awful car crash.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 11:35 PM   #76
Maedhros
The Tall

In Praise of Folly

I have to say that it is sad when people are banned from a forum, I have been there and done that myself. It sucks because in principle you are not allowed to post nor defend yourself from what people post about you. I have always felt that the admins who do such things should have the proper perspective and not take shots at the people who are banned.
After what I have seen from the attitude and way in which SGH handled the situation, I find no fault in her.

The following is an example of a truly pathetic admin from another forum, that posted somethings after I was banned from it:
Quote:
Posted by Moron admin
Maedrhos was a jerk plain and simple. While he had a passion for the Silmarillion (and who doesn't?), he was really looking for an arguement deep down. His posts were all fine and dandy, but he is one of those people who get some sort of sick pleasure out of having a long-winded raging "debate" where the only sentiment is flaming the other person. The guy is a flamer.
While his Silmarillion discussions might have been a great addition, I think holding them with even tempered folks is a better thing in the long run. We have and will talk about the Sil, regardless of whether he is around or not.
Quote:
Posted by Moron moderator
EBM I've deleted the main argumentive threads from Gaedhros(sp.)You really didn't miss anything except one rude guy hurting himself.
And you people are complaining about SGH, don't make me laugh.

P.S. The Moron admin and I met in another forum and of course I ridiculed him to the death. Cowards find it easy to speak when you can't answer back.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:42 PM   #77
hectorberlioz

Good Post!

I'm quite appalled at the accusations thrown at SGH for doing her job...

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-26-2004, 12:29 AM   #78
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

sorry to see you go ruinel, thats one less person who will bash canada, ill miss that (no sarcasm intended)

i think SGH was doing her job and while we all see it as unfair and unjust it has to be done, i actually like that this board is moderated with a bit more effort and its usually SGH doing most of it, if you have a job you have to do it and it was sad to see ruinel go but that is what happens

also did anyone notice hobbit posting as capatain tarpols
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #79
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yes gimli, I saw Tristan/CT and also Hobbit.

Thanks for your support.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-26-2004, 06:18 AM   #80
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Your exactly right. You don't understand. You do not know the half of it, so why don't you and everyone else just be quiet. You haven't the faintest idea what happened.
yeah shut the **** up people, what do you think this i, a message board
ahhh such a great thread, people posting themselves into a nice hole of rudeness and childishness (and should i mention sarcasm, i think that SGH in her bitterness has worn out the rolleyes smilie), and now i can throw rocks at them, goody
SGH we may all be ignorant little shits when it comes to you and Ruinel, but we can all see the spitefullness in your posts it sounds to me that you think everyone should just hate Ruinel instantly because *shock, horror* she broke the rules , might i suggest burning Artanis at the stake for her ultimate display of herecy, talking for her friend
it sounds to me that what Ruinel had to say was not for your own personal benefit, but also for the many (and it does seem astonishingly large) friends she has made here, im sure if she only wanted to talk to you she would email you...
Quote:
Originally posted by QueenAnnesLace
Just another accusation posted without sticking to the facts.
didnt someone tell you to shut up
Quote:
One apalling reason for banning someone
critising mod decisions in open forum
she criticised something ohhh sorry i didnt realise she was such an offender, that truly is disgusting, you were too leniant
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
Well, if someone like Ruinel can get banned for life, all I can say is I must be in the wrong kind of place.

So long, folks, it's been good to knowya.

Colour me gone.
i do actually remember talking to you in some religious forum, ta ta.