Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #61
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
yet when I give example of videos with people lieing (like the rumsfeld video) it is not even mentioned again, simply ignored.

What does Rumsfeld have to do with Blacks not being able to shift language when appropriate?

AE

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #62
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Duh? Blacks caught and convicted make up a goodly portion of those statistics
And what is your conclusion from this stated fact?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 08-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #63
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Merely the facts.

my post # 55 was in response to post # 53

Last edited by Spock : 08-14-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #64
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Afraid to touch that one eh?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 08-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #65
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Some interesting information can be found at:

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/usa/racewar.htm

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm

although these are not the only locations for information.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #66
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro-elf
What does Rumsfeld have to do with Blacks not being able to shift language when appropriate?

AE
Simple, the cause of the problems in black society in america as I have already stated is the CIA smuggling drugs, the bad schools (jamaica is broke and it has far better high schools than there are here-that is ridiculous), the negetive medias portrayal of black people etc.

All this is bolstered by a culture of lies, denial and wilful ignorance on these issues which serves to perpetuate the problem; so when I mention rumsfeld lieing about 911, it is just another example of all the lies and disceptions, yet people behave as if it could not be true or even likely.

The history of this country alone speaks volumes to this.

And my operative concern here is that all people, being fooled by this none issue called race or religion are being played off each other as oppose to having time to sit down with our neighbors and say,

"Hey, can you believe they are trying to put up another walmart, hey black neighbor fred, your bookstore is going to close down..."

"Hey white neighbor Ed, your sports shop is going to have to close down.."

Together now:

"Lets get up off arses and together do something about it because united we stand and they, can't, win."

Do, you, not, understand!!!

I guess not

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 08-14-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #67
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Simple, the cause of the problems in black society in america as I have already stated is the CIA smuggling drugs, the bad schools (jamaica is broke and it has far better high schools than there are here-that is ridiculous), the negetive medias portrayal of black people etc.

All this is bolstered by a culture of lies, denial and wilful ignorance on these issues which serves to perpetuate the problem; so when I mention rumsfeld lieing about 911, it is just another example of all the lies and disceptions, yet people behave as if it could not be true or even likely.

The history of this country alone speaks volumes to this.

And my operative concern here is that all people, being fooled by this none issue called race or religion are being played off each other as oppose to having time to sit down with our neighbors and say,

"Hey, can you believe they are trying to put up another walmart, hey black neighbor fred, your bookstore is going to close down..."

"Hey white neighbor Ed, your sports shop is going to have to close down.."

Together now:

"Lets get up off arses and together do something about it because united we stand and they, can't, win."

Do, you, not, understand!!!

I guess not
It's far too simple to paint a certain people (the government) as simply evil, and base everything else around it. I know politicians are bad and flawed and greedy and rich and hypocrites...but THERE ARE some who aren't.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 08-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #68
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
It's far too simple to paint a certain people (the government) as simply evil, and base everything else around it. I know politicians are bad and flawed and greedy and rich and hypocrites...but THERE ARE some who aren't.
Did I ever say any different, I could not say that all politicians are bad. Cinthia Mckeney is the bomb man, I love her you have no idea; true american hero.

...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 08-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #69
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Did I ever say any different, I could not say that all politicians are bad. Cinthia Mckeney is the bomb man, I love her you have no idea; true american hero.
*sigh* Telcontarian, I certainly don't want you to be just a mirror of everyone else, but are you liking these kinds of people (i.e. McKinney) just to be contrary?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #70
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

The main problem is a lack of opportunity for any but the most-gifted.

People see one smart kid come out of a ghetto neighborhood and immediately assume that there's absolutely nothing wrong with our system and anyone can become successful in their lifetime with enough desire.

Wrong!

The fact is, a good 70-80% of people growing up simply aren't born with the tools. They are not smart enough. They don't have the social skills. They don't have quite enough drive. Some of these things can be taught, some are born with. But the fact of the matter is, if you are white, it is much more likely that you have parents who can teach you these things because they know them themselves.

Or, if they can't teach you these things because you were physically born without the skills, they probably have the money to help you along anyway, at least getting you your first job or a bit of training. This is the real important part. If you are extremely-gifted, it hardly matters what environment you mature in, but if you are just average or less, it does. This is why ghetto-whites rarely get out either.

But, as a whole, whites simply have a much stronger social foundation to build on than blacks do. So the statistics favor them.

There are two solutions:

1) Time: In 20-30 generations the social foundations will level out. Remember, blacks have only been equal in our society for a few generations, and it takes much longer than that to make up for the advantages whites have.

2) Massive investment in our children: If we put the money into education and parenting that it deserves (probably 10 times what we spend today), we would see results, not just with the gifted, but with everyone.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #71
The Telcontarion

amen

Old 08-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #72
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro-elf
That is an unclear statement.

AE
Lemme translate fer ya.

"Hello. My name is Mr Telcontarion and I am a paranoid git who believes that there are faries in the backyard and smoke too much ganga."[/homer simpson falsetto]

*inserts obligatory "just kidding" smilie.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #73
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I shall take the advice of one of our distinguished members.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #74
The Telcontarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
I shall take the advice of one of our distinguished members.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Now you call me an idiot.

No matter how poitive my post are here you always have somthing negitive and hateful to say.

Try and say one thing positive, suprise me.

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 08-14-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #75
The Telcontarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Lemme translate fer ya.

"Hello. My name is Mr Telcontarion and I am a paranoid git who believes that there are faries in the backyard and smoke too much ganga."[/homer simpson falsetto]

*inserts obligatory "just kidding" smilie.
Now this attitude is on called for, if you disagree say so but calling me names makes you look bad not me.

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 08-14-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #76
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*whips out flashing blade ...*

(looks down ...oops , wrong one ...zips up ...)

*whips out other flashing blade and leaps beside El Tel*

Yes, BoP- beware- for as Spock says & i agree:

Quote:
Between us you got a mighty fight on ya hands!

anyway, lets please keep this personable BoP and not personal .... and you a MOD and all!

best BB x
Old 08-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #77
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

El tel, that is a quote from tessar's sig ...not DIRECTLY aimed at you ... kinda ...

more a general aim ...

best, BB
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #78
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Remember kiddies; smileys mean smile....the message isn't an attack on you.

Also quotes from distinguished members are just that and no more. Good advice rather than critic comment.

Last edited by Spock : 08-14-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #79
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

May I remind you all that just because you hand someone $20, that does not give you the right to slap them upside the face.

Similarly, being insulting and then throwing in a smily face is not okay.

Thank you.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #80
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well said you two!
Closed Thread