Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2003, 07:03 PM   #61
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Your plan is to push smilies from cliffs?
Old 05-01-2003, 09:47 PM   #62
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

I'm an ESFP. Does that help?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:07 AM   #63
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
100 1 100 56

ISTJ type description by D.Keirsey
ISTJ type description by J. Butt

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

very expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #64
inked
Elf Lord

ENTJ today befor 9AM and enough coffee!

We "E's" are few and far between it seems!
And certainly seem rare here on the Moot thus far?

We're special! ... We're special! ... We're special! does the WAVE dance

Oh! Yeah!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #65
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I'm an INTJ.

Introverted - 17%
Intuitive - 22%
Thinking - 11%
Judging - 22%

I wonder how accurate this is, though. I am terribly introverted.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:06 AM   #66
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Fun

My Type is

INFJ

Introverted
Intuitive
Feeling
Judging

hmmm....could be true, though everyon should keep in mind that the score is regardless of actual life style. Though I'm by nature very very intoverted, I speak in public regularly, I was even a highschool teacher for several years. The better I know my crowd the better and I use humor as much as possible. My nature will likely never change concerning my fear of public speaking, but meeting the challange with success does not seem to be measured with the questionare. Fun Fun Fun though.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #67
Draken
Elf Lord

I'm an ENTJ. Is that good or bad?

Extroverted 1%
Intuitive 44%
Thinking 44%
Judging 11%

Sounds sort of Tolkien-ish at least.

Ah well must get on, I've got budgets to cut...

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #68
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken
I'm an ENTJ. Is that good or bad?...
If it starts with 'ENT', it MUST be good!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:15 AM   #69
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I'm ENFP. And I'm not surprised.

Although, if an ENFP goes "bad," we get manipulative.

edit: I'm an inspirer.

Last edited by Starr Polish : 10-14-2004 at 04:10 PM.
Starr Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #70
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Your Type is
ESFJ
Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 11 67 33

Hey Gwaimir, I'm the extroverted version of you!

I'm a Provider Guardian. Erm, whatever that is...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #71
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I'm INTJ...

Introverted -11%
Intuitive -11%
Thinking -11%
Judging -44%

I'm Mastermind!
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:16 PM   #72
Mercutio

I'm also an INTJ.

Introverted: 6
Intuitive: 11
Thinking: 11
Judging: 44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Hmm. No idea what to think about that (but I don't really trust it anyway, lol ).

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:19 AM   #73
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'm ENTJ
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:01 AM   #74
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

what do all these types mean?
is ISTJ a good thing?
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:49 AM   #75
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Hmm.. seems kind of pointless to me.
Honestly, what does this matter or have to do with liking Tolkien? We all have different personalities, obviously.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #76
Shelob's Hubby
Enting

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted 56
Intuitive 67
Feeling 11
Judging 33

I think so Brain, but without ears, we look like weasels.

"The next time I lent an ax to a surgeon, I would pick my century." A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The Last Alliance of Orcs and Spiders
Shelob's Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #77
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
It's supposed to see the "typical Tolkien fan." So far most people are introverted and feeling, as far as I can tell.

And Myers-Briggs is actually a fairly respectable personality-type quiz.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:23 PM   #78
Pirate
Enting

Introverted 78
Intuitive 56
Feeling 67
Judging 1

That's pretty accurate. Cool Test.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:59 AM   #79
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

This is me I guess...

INTJ

Introverted 33
Intuitive 67
Thinking 33
Judging 33

* moderately expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Quote:
The Portrait of the Mastermind Rational (iNTj)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.
Quote:
Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.
And I'm like Gandalf the Grey in the Fictional Character section.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-17-2004 at 01:33 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #80
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You're introverted JD? (I only intend this comment in the kindest way. )

I'm an ESFJ.

Famous people I've heard of who are also ESFJs include:
Bill Clinton
Sally Struthers
Mary Tyler Moore
Elvis Stojko

Fictional Characters I've heard of who are ESFJs include:
Monica (Friends)
Donald Duck (interesting fact: he was banned from Finland because he wears no pants. And, he puts a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower. Makes you wonder eh? )
Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh

No Tolkien characters! I thought Pippin might be an ESFJ, what do you guys think?

EDIT: What's the "novelty" link? From my profile, when I clicked that link, it pointed me to INTJ. Is JD a novelty to me?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-17-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote