Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2002, 12:26 PM   #61
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
i better not make a comment on this or ill have women comming to linch me and not in the good way
Yeah - I can picture you as being the type of guy that wants her tied to the kitchen (or the bed post) . Her sole purpose being to cook, clean, have kids and various other things that are beyond an R rating.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:38 PM   #62
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
Okay I'm all for equal oppurtunities for women, races BLAH BLAH BLAH
I personally think that women who strive to be equal with men lack ambition.
Women are unique, beautiful in their own right (Men too are beautiful *ergh*), I think that all this b****ing about not having equal oppurtunity stems more from a persons perspective than anything else.
Yes, it was bad back 'in-the-day' but that is just what it was BACK in its own time. Times have changed, and will continue to change. If everthing and everybody keeps trying to conform to what everyone wants...where will WE as a people be?
This is fine and good Aeryn. But you'd be surprised what lots of people "really" think about the roles of men and women, the old prejudices die hard. I'm never surprised when old fashioned ideas pop up. They are out there. Especially for the Muslims!
Old 10-17-2002, 02:45 PM   #63
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Yeah - I can picture you as being the type of guy that wants her tied to the kitchen (or the bed post) . Her sole purpose being to cook, clean, have kids and various other things that are beyond an R rating.
oh not the kitcen oh no i love cooking one of my fav past times and my gf an awful cook ne way (can make a nice cup of tea mind). I like hovering 2 that also strangly relaxing (i really can see why people think im gay) having kids well i would if i could but i can'rt so i wont
Old 10-17-2002, 03:46 PM   #64
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
i better not make a comment on this or ill have women comming to linch me and not in the good way
Sween, we already want to lynch you.

Hoovering? Geez, can you come and do mine? And my ironing?
Old 10-17-2002, 04:14 PM   #65
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
oh not the kitcen oh no i love cooking one of my fav past times and my gf an awful cook ne way (can make a nice cup of tea mind). I like hovering 2 that also strangly relaxing (i really can see why people think im gay) having kids well i would if i could but i can'rt so i wont
Thin single and neat huh. Once the kid comes you'll be hangin around in a dirty undershirt eating out of a can (tin?). (j/k)
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:39 PM   #66
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Sween - I had to read BoP's response and then realise that hoovering is vacuuming. I hate vacuuming or any housework what so ever - but I have to do it sometimes, like when it gets REALLY bad.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #67
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
... but I have to do it sometimes, like when it gets REALLY bad.
I usually manage to con the BF into doing it, thank eru.....
Old 10-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #68
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I usually manage to con the BF into doing it, thank eru.....
oh come on its not that bad. My mate burty was teaching me to iorn yesterday him been in the army and everything. The funny thing is he does all these live fire exercises and the only wounds and scars he has from the army are from ironing hehehehe

i know women want to linch me im in great demand
Old 10-17-2002, 08:36 PM   #69
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Regarding vacuuming, I love it, you need a good vacuum though. Mine is a Riccar. I read an interview with Iggy Pop, where he said that vacuuming was his favorite thing to do when not on the road. It is soothing, with immediate results. Why does vacuum have 2 U's? About ironing, I hate it, never do it. Thanks to the dryer, it's really not necessary! I'm sooooo glad I'm a modern woman, living in a country that has a highish standard of living and allows me the freedom to live as I choose!!
Old 10-17-2002, 09:22 PM   #70
mirrille
Elven Warrior

I hate vacuuming. I do it regularly because I like having a nice clean apartment, and as you say, it does give immediate results. But it always ends up being a wrestling match between me and the vacuum cleaner. It never wants to go where I want it to go. Happens I have a cheapo vacuum cleaner that is very noisy, very hot, and very very heavy. Fortunately, my place doesn't have that much floor.
I do my ironing. I don't use clothesdryers. I don't like the way clothes come out of it and I can make my clothes last longer by hang drying. And I don't like to risk shrinkage.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #71
Cirdan

I'm with Mirrille, vacuuming sucks. I prefer cooking and doing the dishes, moping floors, and bathrooms (that's right toilets over vacuuming).
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-17-2002, 10:00 PM   #72
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh yes, definately toilets over vaccuming. Heck, I'd rather clean the shower, and I HATE that; I always get cleaning stuff all over myself.

My hatred of vacuuming comes from my parents antiquated monster. Not only did it get blocked every 2 seconds - NOT an exageration - but we only had the little sofa attachment that's about 20cm wide. Ergh. I hated vacuuming!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:09 PM   #73
Cirdan

Yeah, and the best thing about doing the bathroom is you get to use it pristine, just like a hotel. Maybe we need a housework thread; we may be demeaning this one.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-19-2002, 07:13 PM   #74
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Vacuum

I, do not vacuum, do windows, or the toilet, it is disgusting.
I make anyone else do it but myself, SAY...*innocent smile* *bats eyelashes* Sween, can you come and clean my house. *pouty lip* Please?

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 07:16 PM   #75
Sween
im quite stupid

Re: Vacuum

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
I, do not vacuum, do windows, or the toilet, it is disgusting.
I make anyone else do it but myself, SAY...*innocent smile* *bats eyelashes* Sween, can you come and clean my house. *pouty lip* Please?
now now the pouty lip approach does not work on me! My mum would though she often goes to peoples houses for partys and will randomly start cleaning they all love it
Old 10-19-2002, 07:29 PM   #76
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh yes, the helpless female routine has really advanced feminism.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:44 PM   #77
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

from everybodies favorite shipwright

Time for little levity....

On a chain of beautiful deserted islands in the middle of nowhere, the following people are stranded...

Two Italian men and one Italian woman
Two French men and one French woman
Two German men and one German woman
Two Greek men and one Greek woman
Two English men and one English woman
Two Bulgarian men and one Bulgarian woman
Two Japanese men and one Japanese woman
Two Irish men and one Irish woman
Two American men and one American woman.

One month later, on this absolutely stunning deserted island in the middle of nowhere, the following things have occurred....

One Italian man killed the other Italian man for the Italian woman.

The two French men and the French woman are living happily together in a ménage a trois.

The two German men have a strict weekly schedule of alternating visits with the German woman.

The two Greek men are sleeping with each other and the Greek woman is cleaning and cooking for them.

The two English men are waiting for someone to introduced them to the English woman.

The two Bulgarian men took one look at the Bulgarian woman and started swimming to a different island.

The two Japanese men faxed Tokyo and are waiting for instructions.

The two Irish men divided the island into North and South and set up a distillery. They do not remember if sex is in the picture because it gets somewhat foggy after a few liters of coconut whisky. However, they are happy because the English aren't having any fun.

The two American men are contemplating suicide because the American woman will not shut up and complains relentlessly about her body, the true nature of feminism, what the sun is doing to her skin, how she can do anything they can do, the necessity of fulfillment, the equal division of household chores, how sand and palm trees make her look fat, how her last boyfriend respected her opinions and treated her a lot better than they do, and how her relationship with her mother is the cause of all her problems, and why didn't they bring a cell phone with them so they could call 911 and get them all rescued from this godforsaken deserted island in the middle of nowhere... so she can get her nails done and go shopping.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:58 AM   #78
Cirdan

Yeah, that's one island you DON'T want to be shipwrecked on; the ratio is terrible.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-20-2002, 08:58 AM   #79
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

The whole island-stranded-folks situation does not sound good.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:29 PM   #80
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

*fakes offence*

BoP, I AM a helpless woman, I can't help that!!!!

*another pouty look*

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote