Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 10:17 AM   #761
Baby-K
Corruptor

Well then you have just proven that you have been fishing for compliments (guys you're using a special rod) 'cos if you're such a grotesque piece of mangled flesh you would have problems in that department (doing it with Mrs Palmer & her 5 daughters don't count)
Old 01-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #762
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

But I am mangled flesh! It's just that my spells work really well!

*reads aloud own post in Barney voice*

Last edited by Andúril : 01-21-2003 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #763
Baby-K
Corruptor

J - I can tell - you have the world at your feet (ha ha). if it makes you feel better I will put my pic on & you can have a really good laugh in your Barney voice
Old 01-21-2003, 11:15 AM   #764
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

BoP, you didn't look at all like I thought you would. Quite nice. But I'm afraid you'll always be a sheep with darting eyes to me.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #765
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Okay, here I am. Me at a party around new year. Muahahaa!

For all yooooou people who love me!!

I know it's only ickle, but I can't be arsed attaching it on a webpage and then linking it up. Requires more effort that trying to shrink this to miniscule file size. Mleh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xen.jpg (7.7 KB, 614 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 01:37 PM   #766
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

You don't look too evil! You look pretty! So, you also don't look like Eruvial's twin! She is blonde(ish brown!) .....oh, you gals are "mental" twins, awright. Anyway, what's a good looking girl like you doing in a place like this! (I've always wanted to use that line!)
Baby K...."using a special rod" good one! hee hee
Old 01-21-2003, 01:45 PM   #767
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Lizra:
What's a married woman supposed to say!
That I cannot say.

But what I can say is hehehehe re: you and RÃ*an smooching...

Married women -- hah!
Quote:
EXK:
For all yooooou people who love me!!
[elongated]Niiiice[/elongated].

No, just the word.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:02 PM   #768
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

[Barney voice]Hi kids![/Barney voice]

I have decided to assault you with another horror.

I look like an idiot in the following pic. That's because I was squinting at the LCD panel.

And it seems to be even darker than before. Perhaps it's because I had to zoom in a bit and crop the image. I'll leave the brightening-up to you people.

Rest assured, that's the last one. I wouldn't wish to assault your minds any further. I'm just not like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andúril the elder, king of entmoot2.jpg (7.3 KB, 112 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #769
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Picture of Me

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Look, it's a picture of me! It's on a really crappy digital camera, but it's me! I'm not smiling because this picture was taken when I still had braces. What do you think?
That picture rminds me of someone I know! It looks practically identical to her!! Her name is Diana, she lives in Spain.

Should I put a picture of me on? I don't like how I look, not at all, should I, come on! Give me moral support!!
Old 01-21-2003, 04:33 PM   #770
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*views E XK's and Lizra's pics*

My goodness! I knew all you 'Mooters were very intelligent, but it looks like you're all very good-looking, too!

Quote:
from Lizra
Geez Anduril! "You look good!" What's a married woman supposed to say! Believe me, If I say you look very nice, that IS a compliment!
That's why I like your posts so much, Lizra - you get right to the point! Here we were, trying to be decorous married ladies and give you a nice compliment, and you complain? What, did you expect us to ask you out or something? If I didn't think you looked nice, I wouldn't have posted at all.

Quote:
by Andúril
RÃ*an thinks I look elvish. Not Noldorin elvish, but "very nice" Elvish. She even mentions "feminine looking" elves, but she says that's not what she means...
OK, buster - don't you know who you're talking to? I'm a major First Age fan, and when I think "elf", I think "Noldor". (reminds me of that old football cheer - "when I say 'elf', you say 'Noldor'! 'Elf!' Noldor! 'Elf!' Noldor! " ) And the Noldor were very sexy, IMO!

Think of Fingolfin defying Morgoth at the very gates of Angband over the wrongs Morgoth had done to his people ("Come forth, whom earth and heaven abhors! Come forth, O monstrous craven lord, and fight with thine own hand and sword, thou wielder of hosts of banded thralls, thou tyrant leaguered with strong walls, thou foe of Gods and elvish race! I wait thee here. Come! Show thy face!") (from HoME III - The Lays of Beleriand)

Think of Fingon the valiant going alone into Morgoth's realm and rescuing Maedhros, who had betrayed Fingon and left him to die, for the sake of their ancient friendship; ("Then Fingon the valiant, son of Fingolfin, resolved to heal the feud that divided the Noldor .... Therefore he dared a deed which is justly renowned among the feats of the princes of the Noldor: alone, and without the counsel of any, he set forth in search of Maedhros; and aided by the very darkness that Morgoth had made he came unseen into the fastness of his foes....") (from the Silmarillion)

Think of Finrod Felagund, who for the sake of keeping his oath of friendship, left his kingdom for almost certain death to help Beren on his quest. And when Beren and Finrod and their companions were captured by Sauron and thrown into a dungeon, and a werewolf killed them one by one, when only Beren and Felagund were left, "when the wolf came for Beren, Felagund put forth all his power, and burst his bonds; and he wrestled with the werewolf, and slew it with his hands and teeth; yet he himself was wounded to the death.....Thus King Finrod Felagund, fairest and most beloved of the house of Finwë, redeemed his oath; but Beren mourned beside him in despair." (from the Silmarillion)

Now those guys are major-ly 'hot', IMO! They use their strength and courage to help others. Your picture reminds me of how I pictured a young Fingolfin back in Tirion, when he proudly and bravely walks right past his half-brother Fëanor, who has drawn sword on him without cause in the house of their father Finwë.

*reads Andúril's post about her and Lizra* Ok, you're in trouble now - I feel a lecture coming on....

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 01-21-2003 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #771
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'd like to see a pic of you, Blackboar - I've posted with you a bit now and I enjoy picturing the people I post with C'mon, you can do it!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-21-2003, 04:44 PM   #772
Gwaimir Windgem

Do you have a picture, Rian? I'd like to know what you look like.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-21-2003, 04:50 PM   #773
Rían

*blushes* Well, I have pictures, but not a digital camera. If someone could tell me how to get a regular picture on here, I would do it for you, Gwaimir And I'd like to see one of you! (and a better one of Lizra, so I could see her eyelashes!)

I have a printer/scanner, but it's the feed kind, and I don't think I could run a pic thru it. Do I just have to go to an office store and have them scan it? Then how do I reduce it to less than 10K? Just use some kind of resolution reducer in a paint program?

Old 01-21-2003, 04:59 PM   #774
Gwaimir Windgem

I don't have a scanner, but if I can find a digital camera, I'll see if I can get a pic!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-21-2003, 04:59 PM   #775
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
RÃ*an:
*snip well received compliment*

*reads Andúril's post about her and Lizra* Ok, you're in trouble now - I feel a lecture coming on....
I like lectures. Especially from older ladies.

Notice I did not say old or elderly.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:03 PM   #776
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
RÃ*an:
*snip*

I have a printer/scanner, but it's the feed kind, and I don't think I could run a pic thru it. Do I just have to go to an office store and have them scan it? Then how do I reduce it to less than 10K? Just use some kind of resolution reducer in a paint program?
Just make sure that the image is converted to JPEG format. Most imaging software allow you to configure the amount of compression you want in the end image when saving.

I used Paint. I was lucky.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:34 PM   #777
Rían

OK, thanks for the tips - I have to run by an office store this afternoon for some double-sided tape so my son can finish his science project, so maybe I'll check and see if they can scan a pic for me.

*goes and looks thru pics*

Hmm, the problem is that I'm always the one taking them!! Scads of hubby and kids and other family, but not too many of me! Oh well, I'll see what I can come up with....

Old 01-21-2003, 05:52 PM   #778
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Hey, Anduril? I didn't say I thought you were a freak. I said that the fact that you looked exactly like someone I know was freaky. Big difference. Yeah. Anywayyyyy...

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #779
Rían

Hey TC, do you have any pics of you in the Nutcracker? I'd like to see a dance picture (or any other - have you put one on here?) (doesn't want to search back for pages and pages)

Old 01-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #780
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
TinuvielToddler:
*snip*

Big difference. Yeah. Anywayyyyy...
See? You think I'm a stupid freak.

But I liked the way you said "yeah". Powerful.
Closed Thread