Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #761
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Well Namis scaried of the dark and im pretty sure she's bipolar or have a spilt personality, thats a bit weird!

your punishment is to write losts of char developing posts on LLL
Old 05-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #762
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Ingwe you have an interesting character! Keep up the good work I think this RGP (My first RPG ever you know and so far all my suspicions about RPGs have fell dead to the ground) is very cool with all these different characters. Complicated stuff! Fawlty Towers (british sitcom) sometimes even
Old 05-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #763
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

As I've told Amy when we got together some years ago, I'm a very dull and boring person. I was true to my word on that, though she says I'm sometimes too content with being bored. So as far as character development, I don't have much. I just have the fact that Ingwionis wants to go back to Aman but his father and others have judged it to be wrong, and that in the post a couple of days ago, Ingwionis was driven to go into Dol Guldur on some desperate attempt to somehow change that. For the most part, since the War of the Rings, Ingwionis has been lost and doesn't have much purpose to stay in Middle Earth, which prompts his father's disapproval of him ever returning to Aman.

Most of the time, Elves would not do the "Fool of a Took" maneuver and go into Dol Guldur by themselves, and are usually wiser. I realized that before posting it. Something powerful enough influences many to do strange things. For one, he had not slept for a long time and he was burdened by pretty powerful thoughts, some of them to be revealed as the story develops.

As far as bipolar Elves go, he'd be one of them. Even Elrond seemed to be slightly bipolar himself. Feanor was definitely like Romeo, he reacted too quickly to things and drew conclusions too hastily without consulting wisdom, and him and almost his entire family was bipolar. Eol was and so was his son. Whether you look at the Elves, Dwarves, or humans, age may strengthen wisdom, but sometimes there's no withstanding the times you live in. Wisdom can go far, though when anyone loses sight of what they're holding onto, what they're fighting for, they forget their ways and their wisdom and choose desperate paths.

Also, this is my first Tolkien-based RPG too. Either that or the second. However, the first I was in didn't last long and was only a mini-series, with the climax being a massive battle at the end of the 4th age.

Last edited by Ingwe : 05-25-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #764
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Whether you look at the Elves, Dwarves, or humans, age may strengthen wisdom, but sometimes there's no withstanding the times you live in. Wisdom can go far, though when anyone loses sight of what they're holding onto, what they're fighting for, they forget their ways and their wisdom and choose desperate paths.
Wise words man

But your impulsive journey into Dol Guldur at least got Radaghast out and going, fresh air and all Fawlty Towers-like!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #765
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

hehe Fawlty Towers! memorys of my youth!

Quickleaf running around with a stick trying to hit Nami to make her sleep you be very Fawlty Towers!

now what did Quickleaf mean by "you too..." oh i want to know!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #766
Coffeehouse

Hehe yeah I know that would be Fawlty Towers like nothing else

I dunno haha, we'll see.. Maybe Quickleaf doesn't know what he meant. Completely random
Old 05-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #767
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I've always been curious of something. Since we are going to the East (Rhun, Palisor, and so on), is there a chance of spotting the Blue Wizards? Though there's nothing canon on them as far as what they really did (it's written as speculation that they may have, either one or both of them, slowed the progress of the Easterlings considerably, or they may have created dissension between the clans of the East, or perhaps that they created and led secret magic clans and even served Sauron), it'd still be nice to explore, even to a not so canon extent, what they would have been like. Some writings say they arrived before the other wizards, perhaps long before, in the second age. One thing seems certain, Gandalf and Radagast definitely didn't encounter the Blue Wizards that often. Whatever few meetings of the Istari council where all attended there were, I think it's entirely possible Gandalf and Radagast never met the Blue Wizards. Saruman was with them for a while though, and returned (I have suspicions that Saruman killed the blue wizards, why the mysterious return to the West without much mention of the others).

I bet when Saruman came back, Gandalf probably asked where the Blue Wizards were and he probably said "oh, here and there."
Old 05-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #768
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
But anyway, somehow it works for my character that I have a second wife.
He's your character, but according to Tolkien's canon, that's not really possible. But if you've come up with some way to make it work, we'd love to hear.

Just two quotes:

Quote:
Thus it is that the cases in which remarriage of the Eldar can take place are rare, but rarer still are those who do this, even when it is permissible. For the sorrow and strife in the house of Finwë is graven in memory of the Eldar.
And Mandos has to give a Doom for every single 'separation':

Quote:
'How shall the will or doom be known?'; and it was answered: 'Only by recourse to Manwë and the pronouncement of Mandos. In this matter it shall not be lawful for any of the Eldar to judge his own case. For who among the living can discover the thoughts of the Dead, or presume the judgements of Mandos?'

Old 05-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #769
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

oh no i want to know, how can he say something and not know what he means! your too what?
crazy, scary, random!

i think it would be more likely that Quickleaf pokes him self in the eye than nami!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #770
Coffeehouse

Maybe Quickleaf should get a bow & arrow permit. You know, not everyone should be allowed to shoot freely. An innocent bystand in the woods might get hurt

Well Quickleaf definitely wasn't gonna say crazy We'll see, maybe he figures it out. Who knows

Like the blue wizard theory Ingwe Actually this is my favorite part of entmoot. All the theories

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-25-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #771
Mari
Elf Lady

I would love to interrupt this nice quibbling of Abasi and Q, but I have no idea where I am. Am I still brushing a horse, or am I supposed to be sleeping? What time is it anyway?
Glad to see Abasi back in the game though

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #772
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
But your impulsive journey into Dol Guldur at least got Radaghast out and going, fresh air and all Fawlty Towers-like!
LOL, if you continue like this, poor ol' Radagast is going to regret ever starting this adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I've always been curious of something. Since we are going to the East (Rhun, Palisor, and so on), is there a chance of spotting the Blue Wizards?
The chance is there, although I think it is more likely both Blue Wizards have perished long before this RPG takes place.

I daresay Radagast and Gandalf knew the blue wizards at one point, or at least their previous Valinor incarnation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I would love to interrupt this nice quibbling of Abasi and Q, but I have no idea where I am. Am I still brushing a horse, or am I supposed to be sleeping? What time is it anyway?
Glad to see Abasi back in the game though
Late in the evening, I think. I think you can go with both options, although I reckon there may still be a little too much talk to fall asleep easily.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #773
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
Well Quickleaf definitely wasn't gonna say crazy We'll see, maybe he figures it out. Who knows

L
thats it you're plaining something aren't you! what is it! tell me!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #774
Coffeehouse

I'm sure Curu is annoyed at Nami now cause Abasi is simply itching to slit Quickleaf's throat

But I have to read for my last exam now! East Asian studies: Japan and China, etc etc. I'll be reading in the background but not posting cause it only takes my attention away
Old 05-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #775
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

i know haha! i wanted to get in on the killing action!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #776
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh! Afterward you have to tell me what you learned on Japan and China. I wonder if it's the same as what they teach me?

Nami rocks! Go Nami, go Nami! ^_^

Old 05-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #777
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

lol why does Nami rock?

Nami and Ellysa haven't talked in a while, they need to partly because Coffeehouse is keeping some comment from me and i want to know what it is she too what!?!

anyway Abasi could just try and kill Nami aswell as Quickleaf!

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #778
Mari
Elf Lady

Because of her reprimanding the two bickering kids.

Meanwhile Ellysa is sleeping. I think that's best.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #779
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

yeah i think sleeping is best i think Nami is going to get her self killed!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #780
Mari
Elf Lady

Nah. It'll be fine. Because if they kill someone, they'll piss everyone off and get themselves killed. Though they might consider that an honour... crazy elves...

Closed Thread