Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #761
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'm back guys. Sorry for not posting on Sunday, I will try to post tonight but I can't promise anything, but if I don't I will do tomorrow.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #762
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, I like Tol, so I am glad he can go cozy up with his mortal sweetheart away from the cold. And be spared the torture of Lilly, since he seemed somewhat averse to it.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #763
Telcontar_Dunedain

Great posts all. Rian, glad your back.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 02-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #764
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Back to you, Serenoli. I did believe you had a story to tell to Eärniel and maybe she can *gasp* get Jas to see this isn't a dream! Although I doubt it, he seems rather set in his assesment of the whole situation.

Gordis, I didn't use your suggestion about the servant because I couldn't fit it in with what I had already prepared. I would find it unusual that if the servants knew that Jas was in the fountain/garden last night, they would have simply left him there overnight. Eärniel doesn't know Jas was out all night, although she may suspect it to be so. But if she knew, it would be unlikely for her to mention it to a servant, probably not wanting to tarnish Jas' reputation. However Serenoli can include it if she chooses.

But I think Eärniel will definitely be making the connection with the fountain later on, when she has more time to think about it.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #765
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Great posts all. Rian, glad your back.
thanks, TD - nice to be back. Let's do another scene together when they get back into town, if you can think of something that appeals to you

thanks, Gor

Yay, Earniel!!!!! More posts with the sea-elf!!!!! w00t w00t! *throws frog-shaped confetti*

EDIT - ok, Gor, could you please help me out - I'm tired from doctor appts and need someone to spell this out for me - in your post, you say the silver guy was "Telemmaitë", right? Isn't the silver guy the ML? Then you say that Sauron wants Telemmaitë to get a ring, as well as the silver guy's great-grandson, or something like that. If Telemmaitë is the ML, doesn't he already have a ring? Could you please explain? And who is the great-grandson (so I don't have to look it up in the genealogies) Help, please

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-16-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #766
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel

Gordis, I didn't use your suggestion about the servant because I couldn't fit it in with what I had already prepared. I would find it unusual that if the servants knew that Jas was in the fountain/garden last night, they would have simply left him there overnight. Eärniel doesn't know Jas was out all night, although she may suspect it to be so. But if she knew, it would be unlikely for her to mention it to a servant, probably not wanting to tarnish Jas' reputation. However Serenoli can include it if she chooses.
As you wish, Earniel. No problem. (I figured Jas would tell himself that he spent the night in the fountain as a frog - he didn't think much of his reputation. ) But I see you found his apartment all right. Nice post.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #767
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(Gor, please see my edited post, above yours - I think I edited it while you were posting)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 02-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #768
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

TD, CS, and Serenoli, I left an opening in my post for any of you to join in. Wasn't sure what happened to Tolvadok so I left him out.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #769
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Gor, could you please help me out - I'm tired from doctor appts and need someone to spell this out for me - in your post, you say the silver guy was "Telemmaitë", right? Isn't the silver guy the ML? Then you say that Sauron wants Telemmaitë to get a ring, as well as the silver guy's great-grandson, or something like that. If Telemmaitë is the ML, doesn't he already have a ring? Could you please explain? And who is the great-grandson (so I don't have to look it up in the genealogies) Help, please
Telemmaite was the 15-th King of Numenor. In this AU game we follow Olmer's theory that the Morgul Lord was Tar-Ciryatan, the 12-th King, who ruled for his own years and instead of his son - Tar Atanamir, for 360 years in total. Tar-Telemmaite was his great-grandson.

Aiwendis was betrothed to Tar-Telemmaite in her mortal youth. It was after the Morgul Lord became a wraith and left the island. In Barad-Dur she saw the Morgul-Lord (the silver King) and mistook him for her betrothed, Telemmaite. It is reasonable to suppose that the great-granddad and his great-grandson looked alike.

Sauron was likely not delivering all the nine rings at one time, but used them throughout the years. The Eight ring, that was meant for Telemmaite but got Aiwendis instead, was used much later than the First one, that got Tar-Ciryatan.

The problem was that Sauron ensnared the King Ciryatan himself, but failed to get Numenor's allegiance. So he wanted to get the next king giving a ring to his fiancée Aiwendis, who was lured to the Middle-Earth.

It is implied, that the last, Ninth, ring was sent to Telemmaite in a second attempt to get him, along with the whole Numenor, this time. It was this last ring, that Viv stole from Telemmaite's safe, before it had the time to turn him into a wraith. It must have happened around SA 2500.

I hope it helps, Rian See also the info thread, it is updated and tells the story.

Here is the quote from "The Line of Elros" in UT:

Quote:
XII Tar-Ciryatan
He was born in the year 1634, and ruled for 160 years; he surrendered the sceptre in 2029, and died in 2035. He was a mighty King, but greedy of wealth; he built a great fleet of royal ships, and his servants brought back great store of metals and gems, and oppressed the men of Middle-earth. He scorned the yearnings of his father, and eased the restlessness of his heart by voyaging, east, and north, and south, until he took the sceptre. It is said that he constrained his father to yield to him ere of his free will he would. In this way (it is held) might the first coming of the Shadow upon the bliss of Númenor be seen.

XIII Tar-Atanamir the Great
He was born in the year 1800, and ruled for 192 years, until 2221, which was the year of his death. Much is said of this King in the Annals, such as now survive the Downfall. For he was like his father proud and greedy of wealth, and the Númenóreans in his service exacted heavy tribute from the men of the coasts of Middle-earth. In his time the Shadow fell upon Númenor; and the King, and those that followed his lore, spoke openly against the ban of Valar, and their hearts were turned against the Valar and the Eldar; but wisdom they still kept, and they feared the Lords of the West, and did not defy them. Atanamir is called also the Unwilling, for he was the first of the Kings to refuse to lay down his life, or to renounce the sceptre; and he lived until death took him perforce in dotage. 10

XIV Tar-Ancalimon
He was born in the year 1986, and ruled for 165 years, until his death in 2386. In his time the rift became wider between the King's Men (the larger part) and those who maintained their ancient friendship with the Eldar. Many of the King's Men began to forsake the use of the Elven-tongues, and to teach them no longer to their children. But the royal titles were still given in Quenya, out of ancient custom rather than love, for fear lest the breaking of the old usage should bring ill-fortune.

XV Tar-Telemmaitë
He was born in the year 2136, and ruled for 140 years, until his death in 2526. Hereafter the Kings ruled in name from the death of their father to their own death, though the actual power passed often to their sons or counsellors; and the days the descendants of Elros waned under the Shadow. This King was so called because of his love of silver, and he bade his servants to seek ever for mithril.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #770
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Cool post, Udu! I hope TD will continue. And Serenoli!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #771
Rían

thanks, Gor, that definitely helps - I didn't get the mistaking the ML for the fiancé part - I thought she had always loved the ML.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #772
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Cool post, Udu! I hope TD will continue. And Serenoli!
Gordis, yes, I do, too. I can't write any more unless they do.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:36 PM   #773
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Great history info Gordy! Should I put that in the formal info thread?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #774
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gordis, that was a very well-written, excellent post there. I particularly enjoyed the feel of it, the look of the pillars, and the hall, and the sense of her exhaustion, and the two "men" lording it over her, so to speak. All of it; it was a very well written post. Additionally, I love all the posts in our RPG which contain good background details and story history. Thanks! Great stuff, as per usual!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-17-2006, 01:23 AM   #775
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

It seems all of you wanted Tol to go with Yerri and have fun! Yes, it was tempting, but the main reason he didn't go, (despite all the noble 'orders, and can't-leave-Lily' reasons given in the post) is that he couldn't face having to explain to the others who Yerri is. He was hoping to pass her off as a chance acquiantance, sadly Yerri made sure they knew her exact status of 'girlfriend'!! Anyways, its upto Udu and TD now.

Earniel, great post. Don't worry, Jas will be ready with a story very soon, just let him get his hands on some food first. I'm afraid there's no place for an old servant now, but thats ok...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-17-2006, 04:27 AM   #776
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
It seems all of you wanted Tol to go with Yerri and have fun!
Not all. I didn't. Friends don't let friends torture alone. Each has his own share to add. The more the merrier.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:29 AM   #777
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hehehe...Tol wont hear the end of the teasing, and now he cant boss Viv around with a straight face either!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #778
Telcontar_Dunedain

Great posts all. CS, I left an opening for you in my last post. Time for things to get interesting I think.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #779
Rían

TD, I think you perhaps forgot a word in your third-to-last line - do you mean from BEHIND Khamul? It doesn't make sense the way it stands. Or perhaps you mean Lilly, not Khamul? Anyway, check it out

And my new post references the line in your sig - check it out! I love that line you have there, and that whole scene - that's why I wanted to work it into a post.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #780
Telcontar_Dunedain

Oh yeah, thanks Rian. Loved the Nirnaeth reference. I tried to get more of that scene into my sig, but I couldn't because of the limit.

Closed Thread