Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #761
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Oh, no. I've been waiting for far too long for it to be anything BUT exciting. Seven whole months of engagement and three years before that of dating... Heavens, but I can't wait to be married!

On a completely different note, musicals are so much fun. I wish that I could make money being a serious bad dancer, because I don't think I'm that good, but it's a lot of fun to sing and dance to/in musicals.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #762
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Two weeks and four days until I'll officially be "Missus" instead of "Miss".

And finals are over this week, too. Just in time for me to get a pretty good sore throat. Yay!
How exciting!!! Congratulations!!

I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuper happy right now!!! I just found out that Sara Bareilles, one of my favorite singer/songwriters evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver released a new single yesterday! And has a new album coming out! And is going on tour this summer!!!!!

She's one of the only people I think I would be seriously tempted to try to go see live, if she comes to my town.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #763
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Oh, no. I've been waiting for far too long for it to be anything BUT exciting. Seven whole months of engagement and three years before that of dating... Heavens, but I can't wait to be married!
I'm excited for you as well!

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #764
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So. Now that finals are over and I've got basically two weeks till my wedding, I've buckled down and begun THREE different things having to do with my wedding tonight (made bridesmaid flowers, set an order of service and started scanning in pictures of childhood for a slideshow). Go me!

Unfortunately, I am incredibly snotty, but that really can't be helped.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #765
Mari
Elf Lady

My friend's wedding is next week. I'm so excited! I'm just hoping for good weather. I'm wearing a summerdress... >_< I think my friend may not have sleeves either.

My best friend and I went into town to learn how to get our make-up done today. We are both so totally make-up-less otherwise. >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #766
katya
Elven Maiden

I can't believe how good at make-up high school girls are, and I'm 22 and I'm still totally clueless.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #767
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

So as a plus side to switching to this new diet, my skin looks really healthy. O_o I wasn't expecting that to improve... but I guess I really am eating a -lot- more fruits and veggies now, and my sugar intake has certainly declined by a whole lot. I also really like my new face moisturizer . It smells like mint and I much prefer it to the ponds stuff I was using.

I'm also happy because we had a lot of heavy rain all day yesterday, and quite a bit last night and this morning, and today the outdoors smells fantastic . I love the smell of green things and wet dirt. It's also a lot cooler than it has been the last few weeks. I'm about to take my dog for a nice long walk .
Old 05-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #768
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

It's been pretty cool here in TO. It was very hot and muggy for a couple of days, but then it got overcast and chilly, a brief respite before what will doubtless be a horrible summer.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #769
katya
Elven Maiden

Watching the cute little birds at the feeder I put up. I think kitty's gonna like the feeder too, lol. He's pretty good at catching stuff for not having front claws (disclaimer: it wasn't me, it was his previous owners. I would never declaw a cat).
Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #770
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So... I realized that a long time ago, I'd bought music off iTunes that I might now want to use in a playlist for my wedding, but last winter, my parents' PC on which the music was stored had crashed beyond hope (we'd tried to get the pictures off it using GeekSquad). I despaired after searching online for a hopeful way of iTunes allowing me to re-download all the music I've purchased and getting nothing UNTIL I remembered that my dad has the capacity of a small computer on his iPod (my brother does too) and that my dad has never deleted any of his music OFF the iPod (to my knowledge - neither has my brother). So I search for ways to get your music off your iPod back onto your computer and I find this: http://www.mp4kits.com/Tips_Tricks/H...-5-easy-steps/

OH MY GOSH! IT'S TRUE! I plugged my iPod in my computer and tested it out and now I can't wait to get home and try to get my music off my dad's iPod!

Whoever this guy is that figured this out, he's really smart and cool.

Yeah, I posted this in the Teacup, but I think this is really where it belongs.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #771
Mari
Elf Lady

Only 5 working days left and my internship will be over. Yay!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #772
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

I'm not having such a good day today, so I'm posting here about positive stuff to cheer myself up!

I've finished my first Open University course and should, barring disaster, pass it. Which makes me a qualified TA. Which is all kinds of awesome.

I'm attending my first SCA weekend event, which starts tomorrow evening, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #773
katya
Elven Maiden

A couple weeks ago I tried to put on this little skirt I used to wear all the time, and it did not button. It was at least an inch or two too small. Yesterday I put it on again, and it fit fine. But I think it's still too short and probably doesn't look that good on me, but at least I don't have quite as many of the fatties anymore.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #774
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Congrats! I had some success myself today.

They weren't kidding when they said you might see an overnight change after some weight loss where you don't see anything for weeks. O_o This morning I woke up and the top of my stomach has literally flattened out... I kid you not, overnight change. Yesterday evening, even, my stomach had an 'arch' that went from just below my chest down to my belt line... today that part has completely flattened out, and now there's just a little 'bump' of stomach fat at the bottom.

So if I can lose that bit there, that would make my actual waist size go down to where I want it. I measured, and it's gone down about a half inch since last week, which is great.

HOORAY!!!!!

I am also planning to see a movie with a friend tonight, and I'm very excited. I just kind of randomly met him, and since I'm trying to expand my circle of non-musician friends... I struck up a conversation and we ended up having a really long talk, and agreeing to see a movie tonight since we're both kind of nerds.

I'm not usually quite that bold, but I keep seeing how my dad and my older sisters have so much trouble making friends... and I was thinking about how my mom can just strike up a conversation with anyone... so I thought I'd try it. And what do you know? It worked! Hooray.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #775
Mari
Elf Lady

Isn't Midge going to get married either today or tomorrow?
I hope they have a great day!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #776
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I can strike up a conversation with a single person; what I can't do is get in a word when introduced into a group of people who know each other already. I just sit there, following the conversation, laughing at the right times, but quite silent. I really should get over it.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #777
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Isn't Midge going to get married either today or tomorrow?
I hope they have a great day!
Yes, tomorrow, the 29th!
I hope so too!

Strange contrast - I was thinking of Midge today as I sat by my aunt's hospital bed. One life about to end - another (if you count the family entity) about to begin. The passage of time ...

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 05-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #778
katya
Elven Maiden

When I was in middle school and high school I had a terrible time trying to join conversations. I just wouldn't be able to think of anything to say. I'm a lot better with it now though. I'm pretty decent at talking to strangers. All those days in the classroom helped. I would have nothing to do, and be really bored, so I would look around the class for the group of students who seemed the least "too cool for me" and the most inviting and join their conversations. I actually had a lot of fun that way and met some interesting people. Heard a lot of good stories, though sometimes that was just through eavesdropping.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:11 AM   #779
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
Yes, tomorrow, the 29th!
I hope so too!

Strange contrast - I was thinking of Midge today as I sat by my aunt's hospital bed. One life about to end - another (if you count the family entity) about to begin. The passage of time ...
*big Entmoot Hugs*

I had an AWESOME time tonight .

Also, pretty much the best. thing. ever. happened tonight.

No. I mean the best thing ever.

Okay, so we stopped to grab some drinks from Starbucks, and as we were leaving there was a motorcycle cop. Big 'ol fat cop, but a seriously badass motorcycle. It had a radio on it that was cranked up with badass music. You know... the kind with a groovy rhythm that you nod your head to while riding your badass motorcycle? That kind of music.

So the cop tried to swing his leg over the motorcycle so that he could get on it... and... umm... he couldn't get his leg high enough. Then he got it just high enough that it got partway over, and he had to hop and use his hands to push his leg the rest of the way over.

I barely kept a straight face till he was gone, and then I laughed so hard that I cried a little.

You guys? I am going to remember that poor cop for the rest of my life. That was SO HILARIOUS!!!! It wouldn't have been even one tenth as funny if it hadn't been for that seriously badass music he had playing. It was like watching one of those British comedy shows.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #780
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Midge, if you're reading this, I hope you'll have a wonderful wedding today!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Closed Thread