Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #761
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Sushi... in a ... can? *horrified look*
Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #762
Nautipus
Kraken King

No!
The box that I brought the sushi home in was in the trash can, and I put wasabi on the lip of the trash can.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 09-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #763
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ah, that makes more sense. I was beginning to think you americans (you ARE american right?) were completely without redemption.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #764
Nautipus
Kraken King

hahaha

Yes I am American. i've yet to see sushi in a can, but if I do I'll send some your way.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #765
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

Well, I am pretty happy today. Yesterday I received another wonderful gift from my boyfriend, and I bragged about my new kitty for a while, but this is a little more practical.
So here's the rundown: My last cell phone was on a horrible prepaid plan, where it adds up to 25 cents a minute no matter what you do. I had it for about two years. Well now that I am unemployed I cannot afford such a crazy rate, so I just let it go with out keeping it in my name. So, we went out look at phones yesterday, and he hooked me up with the Moto Q, which is pretty cool, It does everything that his does and it is far more affordable. I am learning the new features and stuff, and I really like it. He has a pocket pc, a really nice one thats over 600$, and mine is a 500$ phone that does the exact same thing his does! (Oh did I mention I got it for only 70$)

I am really happy with it. I can 'moot on the road or wherever I am!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #766
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Today I got a chance to play around very briefly with the recording studio at my university. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WE HAD ONE! *squEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!*

So since I've promised a few people a recording of my voice, this is what I did... keep in mind, I'm totally unwarmed up, so on that one high note where I would normally flip into head voice and it would be fairly powerful, I didn't... quite make it . I really sing better when I'm warmed up... also I don't even know this song that well, it was just the first thing that popped into my head.

THIS IS SO FRIGGIN' KEWWWWWWWWWL!!!

http://media.putfile.com/il-mio-bel-foco-23
Great voice, Tessar. It's about time you caved, and shared your glory with us.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 09-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #767
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus
I found out a really cool way to keep my cats out of the trash after I have sushi, (I just thought you guys would get a kick out of this) i use the leftover wasabi and line the lip of the can with it. The little yellow cat tried to get into it and got some on her paws and licked it. I have never seen a cat run and do somersaults like her!!
You'd feed wasabi to your cats!? Poor things!
But the wasabi here in the Netherlands isn't like the wasabi in Japan. The wasabi in Japan is just awful, the taste of the one in the Netherlands is a bit duller (although still awful)

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #768
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cassandra
I am really happy with it. I can 'moot on the road or wherever I am!
Sweet. I need a girlfriend to give me a new cell phone too My old cell is really weird - it displays numbers and letters upside down every now and then. Makes it especially hard to read my text messages

I'm happy because I'm going to spend the next couple of years studying and getting practical med training at the hospital I wanted. I could have gotten a hospital I did not want but luckily I got my 1st choice
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 09-29-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #769
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Sweet. I need a girlfriend to give me a new cell phone too My old cell is really weird - it displays numbers and letters upside down every now and then. Makes it especially hard to read my text messages

I'm happy because I'm going to spend the next couple of years studying and getting practical med training at the hospital I wanted. I could have gotten a hospital I did not want but luckily I got my 1st choice

Ya you do! It was really nice of him because we had no way to contact each other. And he would be late for dinner all the time! Errg...

Oh that would bug the crap out of me- all I do is text!

Congratulations! Im glad it all worked out in the end. It sure is nice when you get what you hope for.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #770
Mari
Elf Lady

Congratulations to both of you. *raises glass and makes a long speech about luck and hapiness*

Old 09-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #771
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Wooohoo! Opening day was a blast! Despite the rotten weather. *looks meaningful at weathergods*

They were queueing at the till. God, it's nice to see all that worrying and long and hard work pay off at least a bit. Let's now hope the trend will continue. You never know in this fickle little town...

I'm completely beat, and there still be work tomorrow, and the day after that, and quite a few after that as well, but at least the dead-line's gone. But I'm happy.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #772
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Congrats Eärniel!

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #773
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yay Earniel!!!!

I'm honestly quite excited... I want to pop into the recording studio (... studio... right. More like 'recording closet' ) some time next week and see if I can't record something more decent...

I -think- I've discovered what it is that I do when I'm 'intimidated' by singing that makes my voice not work so well... It's sort of this weird... throat constriction... something I hadn't felt much before two days ago, but now I'm learning how to sense and be able to turn on and off at will.

WHICH, in a way, makes sense. When I was nervous about singing and was afraid my voice would sound tiny, I would really open up and try to blast out... which opened my throat more. But when I would think that my voice was going to come out big, it would constrict because I would fall into my regular habit.

It's so awesome singing better . My chest vibrates really powerfully on some of my low notes, and my voice feels so buzzy and nice when I sing anywhere in my range . It feels gooooooooood.

... which also makes me a little upset, because I -would- sing like that some times with my old teacher, and he always told me it was throaty, so I would constrict and try to make it more pure. Which, now that I think about it, his voice was. I just always assumed that it was because he wasn't warmed up when he sang for me. Maybe it was a technique/preference thing.

Don't get me wrong--still think my old teacher was pretty damn good... but I definitely like my new teacher a lot better. She's harder on me in some ways, but soooo much more encouraging, and I've made so much progress.

She said I have a 'unique, expressive baritone' . I dunno about unique, but I'll take expressive.

I AM A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE/BARITONE.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 AM   #774
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
They were queueing at the till. God, it's nice to see all that worrying and long and hard work pay off at least a bit. Let's now hope the trend will continue. You never know in this fickle little town...

I'm completely beat, and there still be work tomorrow, and the day after that, and quite a few after that as well, but at least the dead-line's gone. But I'm happy
That's fantastic news! After all those mishaps you guys deserved some slack.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #775
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Wooohoo! Opening day was a blast! Despite the rotten weather. *looks meaningful at weathergods*

I'm completely beat, and there still be work tomorrow, and the day after that, and quite a few after that as well, but at least the dead-line's gone. But I'm happy.

I'm glad you're finally through with all that construction work.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #776
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:

Yay!!!!! *dances around Eärniel*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #777
katya
Elven Maiden

I finally got a job! It's at a gas station. Which is a hell of a lot better than no job at all! Wooh!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:58 AM   #778
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus
I'm glad you're finally through with all that construction work.
Well... not through yet. There was enough done so the shop chould open without a hitch. But there's still a kitchen that needs to be installed, but they hadn't delivered it yet. We're doing that probably today. We still have to clear out the stockroom, put carpet in it and build the shelves there. And lots of other things needs to be given a spot or cleared away. But at least we're back on a normal schedule and not working till past midnight. Cause for enough happiness.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #779
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I finally got a job! It's at a gas station. Which is a hell of a lot better than no job at all! Wooh!
Nice ^_^ I guess that means you can treat us to a round in the teacup cafe?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 AM   #780
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yesterday I worked the premiere at Universal Studios for Elizabeth: The Golden Age and guess who I got to see, albeit only briefly - Galadriel! Cate Blanchett is absolutely gorgeous, you guys. She's probably one of the only very very few actual real-life Hollywood class-act true beauties that exists nowadays. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. And utterly classy. I didn't care for her dress, though, but she looked fine in it herself. My guess is that Cate Blanchett could float around in burlap bags and still look every bit the beautiful, elegant old-school Hollywood beauty that she is. I wanted to get to seee Clive Owen but h e didn't attend the premiere; I don't know where he qwas. Probably on site somewhere for some other movie.

I got to sneak a few photos on my new Blackberry cellphone of some of the costumes that they had on display from the film. They were stunning. God, I can't wait to see this movie...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Closed Thread