Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:32 AM   #761
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

do you mean the SA-Aus match? Oh, Justin, I'm SOO envious fo you right now!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 03-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #762
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
cricket... Thats one weird game. I had a presentation about it once. I knew less about it myself after that...
It's so easy to understand though. What didn't you get?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #763
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
do you mean the SA-Aus match? Oh, Justin, I'm SOO envious fo you right now!
Yep. After losing the first ODI, I bet the Aussies are very enthusiastic to level the scores. I'll only be there for the second innings though.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #764
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Justin Timberlake
It's so easy to understand though. What didn't you get?
I'm not sure. There's so many names for everything, like silly midfield.. And the ways to win was quite.. special. Maybe you need to see it to understand?
Old 03-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #765
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Happy: today was the Travel Fair - well, sort-of-translation - in my town, where all the bigger travel agencies were present, and organizations advertising countries and regions. Great fun, collecting all the leaflets and booklets and info-giving stuff, about possible destinations from all around the world. And, *fingers crossed* it's likely that we'll be financially able spend a week or two somewhere abroad this summer - well, not on the other hemisphere , but I'd be PERfectly HAPPY with, say, some days at the Adriatic Sea. Joyful holiday plans = happy.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #766
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

They are great events to go to. Most states here only have them for travel agents and the few they have for the general public are mob scenes.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:45 AM   #767
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

They are really great. No mob scenes tho; probably because my town is a small one, after all.

And, actually, we are making holiday arrangements now! We compared the prices of the different travel agencies, but my dad, usually suffering from insomnia in the early morning, did a search on the net for apartments, and found some really nice ones, so it seems we'll just organize the holiday on our own. Which means -me- writing emails to the Croatian lady who has the apartments for rent. Oh, the joy of being the only English-speaker in the family. (Alright, not the only one. My bro has just started learning it, and my mum can use her knowledge, she just doesn't trust herself. Gotta push her to take that friggin' language exam - she does speak English, time for a bit of self-confidence.)

The funny thing is that I'm writing in the name & email address of my father, who ABSOlutely doesn't know English. But sooner or later we will need to communicate directly with this lady, and that again will mean me and only me.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #768
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I think its wonderful that you maintain your native language skills and have learned enough English to help plan the family vacation. Never lose your heritage.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #769
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

And another heartwarming reply from Spock.

And yes, I am proud of my heritage and sticking to it.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #770
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Old 03-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #771
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Don't look so confused, I'll be confused, not knowing what made you confused. Anyway. It was heartwarming. And you said a heartwarming thing to me waay back in time, when I was childishly ranting about certain calligraphy pens and money, and then realized I was childishly ranting...
Old 03-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #772
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Having lost every one of my LotR books I decided to check them out from the library. I went to the librarys web site and they didn't have any Tolkien books there . (I know this is the happy thread, wait for it. ) I then looked to see where i could get one from. Not only did I find the entire series in one book but they are sending it to me from the library in Baltimore, I live in small-town Ohio. I did all this from my computer chair, in gym shorts, and eating a doughnut. I love the internet!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #773
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

ah, inter-library loan....just be sure to get the book back in time.........check out amazon.com they have good deals on used books....very reasonable and you'll be able to trivia to your hearts content.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #774
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Just popping in to babble happily Holiday arrangements going fine, this is where we are going to spend 2 weeks in August - here. The bottom pic is of the beach... Yay, happy.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #775
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
ah, inter-library loan....just be sure to get the book back in time.........check out amazon.com they have good deals on used books....very reasonable and you'll be able to trivia to your hearts content.
Thanx Spock! I just got the entire collection, thats the Hobbit, TFotR, TTT,TRotK, brand new for $17! Happy day!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #776
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Happy comments:

1# Life is good.

2# Great day at college today- I did a bit of acting spontaneously that got a lot of applause and praise, and an A for our group assignment . Very happy about that.

3# I went to a UCI conference and spoke at it, and my college professor, a highly professional lady, was very happy about how I'd done.

4# Great supper yesterday .

5# I love the visible colors of the world.

6# I love my guinea pig .

7# Great school days are coming up!

8# I got a B on a French exam. Could have been worse.

9# Life is good.

10# I liked very much a chapter from one of my school books, when I overall don't like that book. I don't like the book because of some of the speaker's interpretations and comments about Christianity, but I very much liked his comments about what it is to be a hero. Some of those were very good, I felt, and the others worthwhile to ponder.

11# The Iliad is a cool book .

12# I'm getting used to getting to know people socially now. Being homeschooled, I've not been quite so used to getting to know people of my own age, but now I'm making friends with people in our college environment. It's very nice .

No one get the wrong impression that being homeschooled is bad from this. I'm very happy I've been homeschooled.

13# God is great .

14# Life is great .

15# Pizza is great! I haven't been eating any just now, but I'm very happy about it anyway at this moment, just because it's so, so, so good. Even though I'm not eating any, I'm happy about it.

16# I love my college professors! All of them! They are brilliant, enthusiastic, excited, super-cool people.

17# I've got a sweater to wear that protects me from the wind on the walk to and from college. A very nice sweater. I'm happy about it.

18# My family and I will be watching the movie of "The Goblet of Fire" tonight, after pizza. We'll be eating popcorn and M&Ms while watching the movie.

19# Though I've got sick right now, the sickness hasn't been a big bother. It hasn't been an interference with my school or fun at all, except that I've been forced to not hold my guinea pig while sick, for fear of infecting her . Aside from that, the sickness has been very decent to me.

20# Entmoooters!!!!!

21# My pride and joy, Atharon. http://www.atharonrpg.com/phpBB2/index.php

22# I'll probably be having a fellow college student over to my house this weekend to practice fencing with. I'll be teaching her some of the basics of swordplay for the benefit of our group of students. We've been assigned to make and perform a modern myth through acting, and we'll be including some swordplay. Teaching her should be fun.

23# The computer game, "Jedi Academy," has been giving me a great deal of pleasure lately.

I guess that this is about it for now. There are of course lots of other things to be happy about, but these are the ones I'm particularly pleased about at the moment.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 03-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #777
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Happy comments:
18# My family and I will be watching the movie of "The Goblet of Fire" tonight, after pizza. We'll be eating popcorn and M&Ms while watching the movie.
Wow, my order status says I should receive my DVD within the next day or so. I sure hope I get it by the weekend. Meanwhile, I'll survive on inputs from those who have seen it (hint, hint )

Re the sword play, neat! I took it in college and have attended a seminar given by some people who coreograph fights for movies.....I'll stay out of sabre range

BTW, thanks for the most positive posting I've seen in ages. It does my weary brain good to know that there are happy people out there.

Last edited by Spock : 03-08-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #778
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Got my poetry portfolio down along with a reasonable amount of studying for greek history. And found left-handed spiral-bound notebooks in the bookstore. Less fumbling for a comfortable writing position = yay!
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #779
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Got my poetry portfolio down along with a reasonable amount of studying for greek history. And found left-handed spiral-bound notebooks in the bookstore. Less fumbling for a comfortable writing position = yay!
Ahh left-handed notebooks. Very rare . I tend to have to buy the ones that open from the top.

Talked to my dad for the first time in a month and he seem to be doing better. He has a rare blood condition that causes his bone marrow to produce mass amounts of red blood cells. I'm not even going to attempt to try and spell it . Anyway, he's doing better and I'm happy!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #780
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
22# I'll probably be having a fellow college student over to my house this weekend to practice fencing with. I'll be teaching her some of the basics of swordplay for the benefit of our group of students. We've been assigned to make and perform a modern myth through acting, and we'll be including some swordplay. Teaching her should be fun.
*Jewish mother alert ... *

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread