Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #741
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I completely agree! This is setting precedens, as it my first RPG too. Crazy how long it has taken, but I'm glad it has since it gives the story that extra touch of authenticity and longevity

Quickleaf will be trekking northwards soon I hope!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #742
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Hey, guys... I'm up for a conversation ... but I need a "conversee". Anyone up for some talking?
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 AM   #743
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

-pokes head in-

I keep forgetting to come in here. Hopefully not too much reading is required of me to catch up lol

EDIT:

If I have repeated myself in this post let me know and I'll edit

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 12-15-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 AM   #744
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Well, I'd have my character converse, but he just left with A'mael and is some couple hundred leagues to the east of everyone else now. Two years in the RPG, never really found anyone to talk to for long - my character is -exactly- like me after all. It was the intended effect of course, but the solution wasn't the best. A'mael had more conversations here than I ended up having. Oh well, thus begins the side-arc of Ingwionis, not that it will be interesting and I know (I guarantee) nobody will read through all that.

Summary for my long post...Ingwionis makes it home with his wife. The village he founded as an outpost had begun to become a sizable town. Much of Ingwionis' history is discussed in the post, without any dialog of any kind. It was more of a soliloquy of emotions and reactions, and of memories. For some matter of months Ingwionis won't be able to rejoin the group. I await orders till then.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #745
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

I read your post, Ingwe. I like side-stories. I'm enjoying Coffeehouse's very much at the moment, and I'm sure yours will be good too!

Midge, if you can't find anyone else, your characters are always welcome to talk to Tabrîl. Whether they'd have any reason to want to talk to her IC is another question entirely. She's not exactly friendly, so it's ok if they wouldn't.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #746
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Thanks. It's possible that a telepathic conversation can take place. Not sure if wizards have that power or not, but some Elves most certainly do!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #747
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Hey, guys... I'm up for a conversation ... but I need a "conversee". Anyone up for some talking?
Currently everybody in Radagast's group is together as they're discussing the path ahead. I think you can turn to pretty much everyone now for a conversation. (As long as the player is active, naturally.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Oh well, thus begins the side-arc of Ingwionis, not that it will be interesting and I know (I guarantee) nobody will read through all that.
In which case you're better making it interesting, buddy, because people will be reading it. I can't exactly run a game if I don't read what other people write, right?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #748
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
I read your post, Ingwe. I like side-stories. I'm enjoying Coffeehouse's very much at the moment, and I'm sure yours will be good too!

Midge, if you can't find anyone else, your characters are always welcome to talk to Tabrîl. Whether they'd have any reason to want to talk to her IC is another question entirely. She's not exactly friendly, so it's ok if they wouldn't.
Thank you Aika, I am at least able to write more posts now as Christmas approaches... finally I'm enjoy this RPG's collected narration! It's quite the bunch
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #749
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami's always up for a good chat! im only able to get on online once every day or so this week but ill post when i can if anyone wants to get interactive!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #750
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Currently everybody in Radagast's group is together as they're discussing the path ahead. I think you can turn to pretty much everyone now for a conversation. (As long as the player is active, naturally.)
Except Tabrîl now, because I couldn't really have her respond to Radagast any other way. Sorry for spoiling a rare moment of group unity!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #751
Earniel

Midge, you may have to amend your post. We're currently camped and eating, not travelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
Except Tabrîl now, because I couldn't really have her respond to Radagast any other way. Sorry for spoiling a rare moment of group unity!
Darn, I thought I had kept it this time vague enough for Tabrîl. Clearly just keeping any mention of magic out of the explanation isn't enough. Radagast will have to adjust his future explanations.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #752
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Oh, man! I thought we were trekking our way along. Okay. I'll amend.

Note: Isn't it great when you try to post TWICE in ONE second, because you're so impatient?

Edit: RAR! Where are we? Have we left the Ultai camp? I thought we had started going... that was the whole idea behind Magor and Aerin racing before taking off. If I need to, I'll edit that post too, and I didn't see any other posts that said, "We stopped and camped" after Tabril got her horse at the Ultai camp.

Post-Edit: I found the post where we camped.

Quote:
Radagast and the adventurers that remained, were still going North. Several days later, they were at the foot of the Iron Hills, where Carnen left the hills to run across the Ultai plains. From here on, they would turn east, to travel deeper into the Hills.

"Thousands of years ago, the band of orcs travelled four days from here to the final prison of the Ent-wives," Radagast told the others as they ate together around the campfire. "We'll be lucky if we find the right spot in just four days, though. The land has undoubtedly changed since then. But we are very close nonetheless."
Right?

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 12-15-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #753
Earniel

Maybe these posts were on the next page?

There was a bit of a jump forward after Tabrîl got her horse. Amael had hers and Ingwe's character leave in this post. I then had us camp in the following post. And Aikanaro mentioned sitting down at eat (in Tabrîl's case, very shortly ) here.

So we're currently camped at the foot of the Iron Hills next to the Carnen river.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #754
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Yeah. It was a jump from Radagast watching the eagles fly away with Ingwionis and A'mael to suddenly we were four days away from the orc thingies. I'm up with everyone. I imagine Tabril took her food in a to-go box. Was my edit okay?

By the way, Ingwe, I thought your comment about Ingwionis being a "frequent flier" was hilarious! Does he get Frequent Flier Miles on his favorite Eagle?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #755
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Darn, I thought I had kept it this time vague enough for Tabrîl. Clearly just keeping any mention of magic out of the explanation isn't enough. Radagast will have to adjust his future explanations.
Most of it *was* vague enough - unfortunately, Tabrîl didn't stick around long enough to figure that out (I'll PM you to explain!)

Quote:
Yeah. It was a jump from Radagast watching the eagles fly away with Ingwionis and A'mael to suddenly we were four days away from the orc thingies. I'm up with everyone. I imagine Tabril took her food in a to-go box. Was my edit okay?

By the way, Ingwe, I thought your comment about Ingwionis being a "frequent flier" was hilarious! Does he get Frequent Flier Miles on his favorite Eagle?
You mean our catering service now provides take-away? Awesome!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #756
Earniel

Quote:
Yeah. It was a jump from Radagast watching the eagles fly away with Ingwionis and A'mael to suddenly we were four days away from the orc thingies.
Well, technically, the jump was before Ingwionis and A'mael flying off, since they would only be able to find Eagles near the Hills, so we had to be near the Hills in the first place before they could depart. So I just had us pluck down camp right there. There are no orc thingies around now, though, we're just about 4 days away from the expected prison of the Entwives.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #757
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Well, technically, the jump was before Ingwionis and A'mael flying off, since they would only be able to find Eagles near the Hills, so we had to be near the Hills in the first place before they could depart. So I just had us pluck down camp right there. There are no orc thingies around now, though, we're just about 4 days away from the expected prison of the Entwives.
Oh. *sigh* I'm so behind.

On the other hand, I'm SO glad that there are no orc thingies around! I hate those.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #758
Earniel

Eh, no worries. Some things, such as:'you'll only find Eagles near the Hills', have been more implied than actually said. And the posting is picking up some speed again. So don't worry if you miss a small thing, it can always be easily rectified.

The orcs were in the Second Age at the same place as our adventurers are now. And while we intend to follow the same path they took, they're long gone, for thousands of years. So definitely no orc thingies around now. There is however, the unknown guardian to contend with...
Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #759
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Oh. Well, actually when I said, "orc thingies", I meant whatever the orcs had used as a place-marker. I didn't suspect orcs were around.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #760
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Nami and the squirrels again!

Closed Thread