Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #741
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Wonderful post, Earniel. Really you should post more often!

Thank you for posting, Udu, your post was perfect. I have posted continuation. Now Lilly is asleep. That had taken her longer than for an average barlog!

I know I had no call to add the part about your waiting outside, but I couldn't resist to see you freeze! Bad nazboys! I hope you will quarrel there in the cold!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #742
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Earniel, that was a great post! I really loved how you had Jas sink down into the water to hide like that; that was so comical, very effective visual! It's REALLY great to see your writing; wish you'd post more often.

Crazy Squirrel, great as usual! Personally, I also think it's a nice twist to make those meanies chatter their teeth for a few minutes out in the cold. To hell with them! They'll be getting their jollies out on her plenty, so suffering a bit of chill pre-torture is NOTHING. I love how you had her shout in Tatyana's ear like that; that was pretty funny! I love Lilly; such a character!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #743
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Very good post, CS - one of my favorites of yours! I like how she took an overdose and it still took hours to take effect!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #744
CrazySquirrel

Thanks, Lotesse and Rian.

Lilly is not some weakling barlog!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 02-14-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #745
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, I forgot to mention, I liked that detail, too. It says a lot about Lil's overall natural strength and tolerance level, that's for sure!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:39 PM   #746
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

gurg! Stupid thread boogie at work again

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #747
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Threat booger? Ew...*hands it a tissue* Nice post, I feel sorry for Tatyana's eardrums!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:54 PM   #748
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Eärniel, lol. I loved it, so many funny details! The puffing of his cheeks while croaking, hating herons and the underwater bit was the best!! I will continue... you might have to do another one, though. Rian is right, you should totally post more often.

Crazy Squirrel,and Udu, cool posts! Love how Lilly has a bit of her own back, making the bad boys freeze outside. And, thank you for the little gracious touch, CS, sparing Tolvadok from the cold!!

Rian, you're better than ever. What a lovely post, and how I wish I could go swimming, too!!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 AM   #749
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Serenoli! I see you are on - that was a great post, but listen - in especial, I was very impressed with the first paragraph, and "the spirit of friendliness that assails drunken men at midnight." That whole sentence was the bomb. VERY talented writer, you are. Jas is a wonderful character, BTW! Such priceless and sweet comic relief! Him opposite Earniel is ideal, too.

Rian - cute stuff! You and your elvish hair braiding obsession!

Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 AM   #750
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
I will continue... you might have to do another one, though.
I don't mind. The only things I can't garantee is the post to be a) short or b) timely.

Last edited by Earniel : 02-15-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:26 AM   #751
CrazySquirrel

Great posts, Serenoli, Earniel and Rian.

Quote:
Crazy Squirrel,and Udu, cool posts! Love how Lilly has a bit of her own back, making the bad boys freeze outside. And, thank you for the little gracious touch, CS, sparing Tolvadok from the cold!!
I forgot to mention that if TD and Udu dislike the idea of their teeth chattering, I am willing to edit!

Serenoli, Originally, my post ended in this way:
Quote:
Tolvadok the Northerner, more resistant to cold, stood in the middle of the street waiting impatiently for the signal lamp to be lighted. The tension between the three was growing, and almost reached the breaking point when a cheerful feminine voice cried:
"Girithron, what a surprise! I am so glad to see you again! But what are you doing here in this wind?"

"Oh, Yerri," Tolvadok sounded at a loss. To remain undetected, Udu and Khamul retreated further into the shadows

A small figure ran to Tolvadok, hugged him and grabbed his hands." Oh, my poor friend, your hands are frozen! Come with me to the Herring! I shall find you something hot to eat and a cup of warm wine!"
I thought to let them meet your sweetheart from the Herring , Yerri, but then decided that it can't be done without your approval. So think on it, you can use it if you like, or forget it if you don't.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #752
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Loved your posts, Udu, CS and Rian!

Serenoli, I agree with Lotesse. That sentence was a bomb! Cool post.

Earniel, loved yours also!

BTW, Earniel and Serenoli, I suggest you meet someone, say an old palace servant, who will direct Jas to his rooms and tell him "That's what happens to the fool who spends the night in the haunted garden with ghosts and all - no sensible person goes there at night." Something like that. And Earniel, thought laughing, might remember the traces of a spell she detected near the fountain on the night of the Reception. Do you think it could work?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #753
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

CS, not bad. Why didn't you use it at once? I could always have requested an edit, and now I have to request an edit again... put it back !!

Gordis and Lotesse, thanx! Chance inspiration. And, Gor, since Earniel will be posting next, its upto her, whether she can make it fit.

And Earniel, I like timely posts, but I love long ones!! So, take as long as you want...

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-15-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #754
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
CS, not bad. Why didn't you use it at once? I could always have requested an edit, and now I have to request an edit again... put it back !!
OK, it is back!

Note All, my post is edited! Yerri got Tolvadok!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #755
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

The nazgulettes also have a lot to remember... Enjoy.

I have edited Aiwendis's bio in the INFO thread to fit the story.

Nice post, Rian! Hair braiding and swimming!

Last edited by Gordis : 02-15-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #756
Rían

yeah, my "vacation" posts are an interesting contrast to the Naz posts going on now ...

They'll be fighting soon, though, I imagine. Too good to last.

Nice post, Gordis - very strong and vivid.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:48 AM   #757
Rían

*hours later*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Nice post, Rian! Hair braiding and swimming!
Well, but it's not just about hair braiding and swimming - it's not even mainly about that. They're just vehicles to bring out the things I wanted to talk about - the relief someone feels after they've finally made a difficult decision to leave and how you "store up" memories and let yourself do things that you wouldn't otherwise; the way someone feels after pulling off something that they thought would be well-nigh impossible (Alagos getting T and R out of town - that's why he's rather fey right now); the transition from viewing a grown-up of the opposite sex through the eyes of a child and then the eyes of a grown-up; the mixed feelings that come from losing something that you didn't like but was at least constant and now you wonder if you really didn't like it but is it too late; the sensitivity of a friend to another friend's signals that they don't even realize they're sending; etc. etc.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #758
Serenoli

Gordis, I loved your history post... the descriptions of the place, and the orcs, (who hardly figure in our story) was great... the whole atmosphere was perfect!

Rian, the perfect contrast to Gordis' post, of course. Lovely.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:54 AM   #759
CrazySquirrel

Can't agree more!

Serenoli, what about Yerri? Did Tol go with her or not? Tell at least that much.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #760
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

All what you say is true, Rian, but I admired the sunshine and the water. Lovely.

Thanks, Serenoli, CS and Rian. It was a difficult post, I hope I have not messed it up.
Closed Thread