Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:29 AM   #741
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Rian,

Udu and all the other Nazgul can speak Black Speech, but would never do this in public in a place like Tharbad. The elves' ears would start burning if they heard one word of it. Remember the Ring inscription.... Ash Nazg.... That is Black Speech.
No, I"m talking about the speech you mentioned that Udu's people spoke.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:41 AM   #742
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
No, I"m talking about the speech you mentioned that Udu's people spoke.
Rian, Professor Galadannun, professor of Oriental Languages, is far more fluent in languages of the East than is Udu. Udu knows many of the dialects of the people of Khand and Rhun, but certainly not all. Any who have lived there and/or have learned these dialects could understand what some of the Nazgûl were saying. For that matter, they could understand the dialect that Udu's Eastern warriors and his housekeeper and chambermaid speak.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 AM   #743
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...er ... UDU .. it's bumbledore not butterbeer!

*he's had too much wine already! *

meathor is in for a big suprise if he thinks a gentle early afternoon sip, will do much to these two!

GW: i see the Swedish chaos wagon has driven into town again?

.. are we to assume then this is some minor ring?

maybe it gives power of invisability only to small creatures?

that'd be a very useful thing ...

Gor: Constable BB is NOT a public character - i think rian was very wise to decline your kind offer on behalf of my character. I thought it borderline with your post .. to be honest ...

mind, having said that, i shall probably be away from this afternoon until monday or monday night .... though plans may change ....

so, if nessecary, to stop any blockages , then use him sparingly, keep it close and open ended in direction .... he will look at all sides of the thing, talking without any prejudice to Zimra, arastud, the other servants, rian, someone from the household ..... etc ....he knows she was alone on the bridge ...but he may not let this knowledge out (for now) ... only that she is dead ....

he will merely want to see how the land lies ... and who says what?

for example arastud is in big trouble (at least seemingly) .... no one on the watch, was around for him to have talked to when he said that he talked to the watch (that night) to whatsername .... barli it was on the watch and he was drunk in the swan and then to bed ... so that'll put the cat among the pigeons ..again barli wouldn't draw him on it there and then merely write it down and give him a closer look thereafter ...

so, do not edit that bit...it'll play well ....

...you get the idea ...

best all, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-18-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #744
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Well, BB, it you will be away till monday, PLEASE, post the end of BB's questioning of Zimra and moove him to the stables to question Arastud.
Ask Arastud some questions, then Rian could continue, without meddling with your character too much.

Also, tell us, will BB try to talk with Galadannun, Lilly and Penny?

Otherwise we are stuck till Monday with this line as well...

And er, BB,, it is MAETHOR, not meathor! *he's had too much wine already!*

Have a nice week-end!
Gor

Last edited by Gordis : 11-18-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #745
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer

GW: i see the Swedish chaos wagon has driven into town again?

.. are we to assume then this is some minor ring?

maybe it gives power of invisability only to small creatures?

that'd be a very useful thing ...

best all, BB
Indeed it could be - or it could be the One which has been carelessly missplaced and found by these small creatures.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #746
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Rian, Professor Galadannun, professor of Oriental Languages, is far more fluent in languages of the East than is Udu. Udu knows many of the dialects of the people of Khand and Rhun, but certainly not all. Any who have lived there and/or have learned these dialects could understand what some of the Nazgûl were saying. For that matter, they could understand the dialect that Udu's Eastern warriors and his housekeeper and chambermaid speak.
No, you've missed my point, but it doesn't matter now anyway, so never mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Gor: Constable BB is NOT a public character ...
I imagine she just meant for me to start the scene as a co-writer with you, as Arastud is basically my character. I've written scenes with other characters like Earniel, but I feel totally inadequate to write for Constable BB! When you're ready to do the scene, please just have Arastud be your basic honest guy, with some natural reserve around policeman-types asking personal questions that might reflect badly on young women who have been nice and quiet until recently ...

Quote:
for example arastud is in big trouble (at least seemingly) .... no one on the watch, was around for him to have talked to when he said that he talked to the watch (that night) to whatsername .... barli it was on the watch and he was drunk in the swan and then to bed ... so that'll put the cat among the pigeons ..again barli wouldn't draw him on it there and then merely write it down and give him a closer look thereafter ...

so, do not edit that bit...it'll play well ....
weeeeelllll, if he didn't talk to the watch, then I'm afraid I'll have to edit it, because he wouldn't say he did. Again, he's your basic, honest guy. I'll work in things that you want me to, as long as it doesn't involve him lying. Unless it's lying to protect someone that he thinks is worth protecting, which he might do. Let me know But for now, I see no reason why he would lie about the watch.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 11-18-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #747
Rían

Eärniel - go ahead and edit in whatever you want to in my most recent post. We hope you'll sing for us! (and perhaps complement Alagos on his singing? .... He does sing well, you know, and ... well ... he IS pretty good-looking!)

BB - I had Constable BB watch Tyaron ride out of town, if that's ok with you. I left the time purposefully vague.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #748
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

BB, let me know if you really don't like the Watson part. It was just a way of getting in the animal-Nazgûl thing and is meant to be OOC, but if you really don't like it I will edit.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #749
Rían

Grey Wolf - I'd like a little encounter between your disappearing wolves/animals and Tyaron, riding by himself in the countryside, as he's returning to Tharbad in a day or two, if that's OK with you (and if you don't mind a few of them getting injured and/or killed altho you can get in a bite or two ... or three ... )

Old 11-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #750
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Perhaps a missing limb?

Anyways, *twiddles thumbs* I await lotesse, and the rest of you must be as patient, else I'll kick you in the buns.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #751
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Sane, why not post the end of the race? Lotesse can tell her part of it as a flashback. Anyway it is going to be a flashback, as all the characters are well into the morning and some are in the afternoon already.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #752
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Grey Wolf - I'd like a little encounter between your disappearing wolves/animals and Tyaron, riding by himself in the countryside, as he's returning to Tharbad in a day or two, if that's OK with you (and if you don't mind a few of them getting injured and/or killed altho you can get in a bite or two ... or three ... )
Ok, Rian, I'll give it a try. Tyaron will meet and kill off the two wolves Old Grey and White Patch.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #753
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Fantastic posts, guys and gals!

But really, hurry up with the race! It is taking forever, and I remember you pressed and pressed us to finish the Orrofel fight, BECAUSE you were ready to post the race! Where is it, now? I really hope Lotesse will get better soon!!!.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:54 PM   #754
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Anyways, *twiddles thumbs* I await lotesse, and the rest of you must be as patient, else I'll kick you in the buns.
*puts on her bun protectors*

Grey Wolf - I meant the attack to be on the way BACK to Tharbad - I didn't make that clear enough, sorry! For now, could you have them just see him ride by in the distance, but too far to catch? Maybe they'll decide to hang out around there and see if other riders come by or something, or see if he'll come back. Thanks! And are you sure you want to kill off those two? You can make it some other ones if you want to.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #755
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
And er, BB,, it is MAETHOR, not meathor! *he's had too much wine already!*
Gordis and BB, indeed he has had too much wine already. I have changed the spelling of Bumbledore.

Please note for anyone who wants to comment on the runaway horse incident: only those who were traveling in the area of the Street of the Hours or patrons of the Singing Swan Inn would know about it. Of course, there is always a possibility that by late afternoon that someone in another part of the city would have heard the tale.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #756
Rían

(you guys that are so good with maps just scare me! I always try to make things vague to cover up my geographical inadequacies )

Old 11-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #757
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
(you guys that are so good with maps just scare me! I always try to make things vague to cover up my geographical inadequacies )
Rian,

I have poured over my copy of the Atlas of Middle-earth so many times that the pages are about to fall out and I need to buy a new copy. There is a great site online for these maps. The actual book, though, is much more convenient to keep right by the computer to aid me in my research. Maps are vital in RPGs, wargames, research and writing.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #758
Rían

I've just always been bad at maps

Does the Atlas of ME cover all ages? Maybe if I had a book, it would help me.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:37 PM   #759
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Does the Atlas of ME cover all ages? Maybe if I had a book, it would help me.
Yes it does - it's a nice resource, although some of it is speculative on her part (and for those portions, I feel free to take some liberalities).

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 11-19-2005, 12:16 AM   #760
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Yes it does - it's a nice resource, although some of it is speculative on her part (and for those portions, I feel free to take some liberalities).
I understand, too, that there are some errors in the book, but nothing that major. Some of the mileages are probably off, too. I understand that she did her maps before portions of the HOME series were completed. That might account for some of the speculation and errors.

Unfortunately, though, she passed away not too many months ago, a loss to both her family and friends and to those of us who eagerly anticipated a revision. I hope that sometime in the future that there will be another map book at least equal to or perhaps superior to Atlas of Middle-earth.
Closed Thread