Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 AM   #741
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...sorry, did you say something
Old 03-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #742
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Vent: Mr. Mizrahi. His mistreating actresses at the Golden Globe is revolting. Sickening.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 03-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #743
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Isaac Mizrahi? Oh, everyone takes him with a grain or two of salt! He's nowhere NEAR as bad as that mind-numbingly annoying hag Joan Rivers. Not even CLOSE! I rahter like Isaac Mizrahi - have you seen his little show on the Style channel? He's funny! He never tries to hurt people's feelings. I haven't seen this Golden Globes thing to which you refer, but really, I don't see evidence of mean bones in his body.

MY vent: Oh, never mind. I am too vented up right now; I shall keep all my friggin' vents to myself. Today there are too many to rattle off. Don't get me started. MEH! Mmrrrrm. meh.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-05-2006, 04:32 AM   #744
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Fondling actresses, looking down their dresses and asking them about their underwear is crude and low. That's what he was doing at the Golden Globe.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:35 AM   #745
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Did he do that to one woman in particular, and she didn't like it and complained? - You do know that he is gay, right? He's not going to be "picking up" on them or sexually harrassing them.

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-05-2006 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:42 AM   #746
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

CNN-
"His outlandish pre-show interviews for the E! cable channel at the Globes in January -- during which he groped Scarlett Johansson's breast, asked Eva Longoria about her pubic hair and peeked down Teri Hatcher's dress -- drew as much buzz as the awards themselves."

And his questions about underwear were directed at Natalie Portman. Johansson complained afterward. If he did anything like that to one of my sisters . . .

Old 03-05-2006, 04:44 AM   #747
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ooooo - he really DID cross the line. Maybe he was high, or something. Yeah, that sounds like pretty damn unacceptable rude behavior. If it were me, I'd have cold-cocked him right in the kisser, on national TV, I wouldn't have cared. That IS so unacceptable, very low class.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #748
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Did he do that to one woman in particular, and she didn't like it and complained? - You do know that he is gay, right? He's not going to be "picking up" on them or sexually harrassing them.
Oh, I know he's gay. That was mentioned in the CNN article. Yet I also know that he did sexually harass Scarlett Johansson, and his behavior toward other ladies was disgusting.

I know that some of these people might pose nude, but that doesn't mean they're "fair game." I know they're also quite liberal, and they don't want to make a scene about what happens to them. Yet it's sick anyway .

Old 03-05-2006, 04:49 AM   #749
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Ooooo - he really DID cross the line. Maybe he was high, or something.
The CNN article said he strongly defended his behavior afterward, saying, "Get over it." This was before Scarlett Johansson complained, of course.
Quote:
Yeah, that sounds like pretty damn unacceptable rude behavior. If it were me, I'd have cold-cocked him right in the kisser, on national TV, I wouldn't have cared.
Good for you. I 300% approve.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #750
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
GRRRRH! I hardly use any of the mb that is available on my sity yet they see fit to shut it down temporarily.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #751
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Scarlett Johansson replies

She said she was offended, rightly so. Also she wasn't going to persue it legally as 'I'm from N.Y. and we can take care of ourselves". She added that she doesn't buy into the guy being totally gay.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #752
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
She said she was offended, rightly so. Also she wasn't going to persue it legally as 'I'm from N.Y. and we can take care of ourselves". She added that she doesn't buy into the guy being totally gay.
I'm glad she has enough self-respect to stand up for her dignity as a person.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #753
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

vent - sick with upset stomach all weekend

*sips some peppermint tea*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #754
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

ugh! that's no fun, stomach flu going around in my area.....hopefully you're not beset with that. Feel better soon.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #755
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks

(anti-vent: I'm MUCH better today! Yay!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #756
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

damn novels and poem book...school sucks....and my friend kyle is evil.i made the mistake of telling him about me being afraid of crows...sadly there were some crows on the telephone wire...he happen to have some food in his hand and he threw it...i ran but ran right into the crows..i think that day i made him deaf...serves him right...blimey that little twit!hmpf! guys are jerks ...........well most of them are...certainly not the lovely men and boys on entmoot!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 03-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #757
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Blargh...

Woke up with a migraine, went to make tea, got dizzy, felt like I was gonna faint, ended up puking... Nasty way to start the day.

Feel almost normal now though.

Have to finish a poetry portfolio and study for Greek history midterm... both for tomorrow, and all I really want to do right now is rest.

*sigh*

Just a week and half more till spring break and home...
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #758
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

[QUOTE=Lady Marion Magdalena]Blargh...

Woke up with a migraine, went to make tea, got dizzy, felt like I was gonna faint, ended up puking... Nasty way to start the day.
....., and all I really want to do right now is rest.

*sigh*

QUOTE]

I empathize with you, does Imitrex spray help you at all? It's worked wonders for me, stopping many migraines in the early stages-when I'm not so #$!#@ stuborn as to tough it out
Feel better, they are not nice physical ails.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #759
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Fortunately this one went away with just ibprofen. I do have imitrex pills, not the spray. I try to use them pretty sparingly though.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 03-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #760
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I understand completely, they cost $$ too. If you get a chance, the spray works much quicker than the pills and I know, in my case, speed is important to recovery.
Closed Thread