Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #741
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Been away for a few days, at the hospital. Then some other stuff on top of that went on too, good stuff this time around.

So I have some catching up to do. I have in fact 10 pages worth to catch up on as I was trying to catch up before too. Oh my!

I'll try to be back to posting, but I can say that the last few days have changed me more than the last few centuries have! Everything feels different, smells different, tastes different.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #742
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Been away for a few days, at the hospital. Then some other stuff on top of that went on too, good stuff this time around.

So I have some catching up to do. I have in fact 10 pages worth to catch up on as I was trying to catch up before too. Oh my!

I'll try to be back to posting, but I can say that the last few days have changed me more than the last few centuries have! Everything feels different, smells different, tastes different.
Alright Inwe, sorry for the crazy posting some of us are doing I can only say that I really have been all over this forum the last weeks. But I blame the exams. So much study time

Hope you feel better Ingwe!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #743
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hope everything is getting better Ingwe!

Yeah, the posting rate kinda shot up over the past few days...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #744
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh dear, what will happen when all the exams are over and done?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #745
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Why, it doesn't bear to be thought about! Wait, that makes me wonder... Will game threads be closed and split after 1k replies?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #746
Mari
Elf Lady

I thought about that too. I think they will? Makes it easier to trail through maybe.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #747
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I was indeed thinking to make the game into two threads, since we are closing in on the 1000 replies and start the second one after Dol Guldur.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #748
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

im going to be away for the weekend so dont forget Nami!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #749
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh, me too by the way. Take good care of them please ^_^

Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #750
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

It would be easier in a way. After 1,000 replies the page list seems to get a little...what's the word I'm looking for..........long.

The Drunk Elf Pirates and the Quest for the Wine-thieves is looking pretty funny and also close to 1,000 replies. Drunken...Elf...Pirates? Wow the name in and of itself is just hilarious! *Beer emoticon*

I'm still trying to catch up on this RPG, and that's just with catching up on reading, and trying to understand what I should be doing next. *Smokes some of Bilbo's pipe weed, what did he put in that stuff this time anyway?*
Old 05-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #751
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
The Drunk Elf Pirates and the Quest for the Wine-thieves is looking pretty funny and also close to 1,000 replies. Drunken...Elf...Pirates? Wow the name in and of itself is just hilarious! *Beer emoticon*
Drunk Elf Pirates is nearing its end. We hope. It got started in the fall of 2004 as a sequel to one started in 2002, just to give you an idea of how slowly RPs can move around here...

And back on topic... Ingwe, multiple wives for one of the Vanyar? Little scandalous, no?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 05-25-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #752
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
Drunk Elf Pirates is nearing its end. We hope. It got started in the fall of 2004 as a sequel to one started in 2002, just to give you an idea of how slowly RPs can move around here...

And back on topic... Ingwe, multiple wives for one of the Vanyar? Little scandalous, no?
Nope, he doesn't have two wives. His first wife died sometime in the second age, I think *looks at profile on page three*. Yep, it was later in the second age his first wife died because Annatar, Lord of Gifts, did something or other and somehow she ended up dying.

Kinda like Finwë (Turgon) had been wed to Indis and she died, and he later married M*riel the Maia.

Also, I did notice the RP had gone a little slow within the past few days, but Memorial Day weekend is coming up and a lot of folks still have exams. The one who plays A'mael, she's been kinda stricken with some unintentional "lazyness" because she's been sick in the mornings and...strange throughout the rest of the day. So there are a lot of things going on for everyone I think lately.

The longer an RP goes, the better I say. Most of the time I just require time to compose an idea, and that's 67% of the process. The other 33% of the process is the few hours it takes to think up how to integrate an idea without much 'collateral damage' being done, lol.

Last edited by Ingwe : 05-25-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:51 AM   #753
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

I'll be able to catch upon Thursday when I go home- probably a good thing, for me at least, that it's going a little more slowly for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Kinda like Finwë (Turgon) had been wed to Indis and she died, and he later married M*riel the Maia.
*twitch*

Not quite - Finwë married twice, yes, but only because his first wife, M*riel, refused ever to return to life. It's the only time this ever happened among the Eldar, and it's discussed at length in the Statute of Finwë and M*riel in HoME X. There's probably a thread about it here somewhere.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:13 AM   #754
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Finwë married M*riel (a Ñoldo) first, and after giving all her strength to the birth of her son Fëanor, she lost the will to live. Finwë tried to persuade her to return to the living (as well as did the Valar) but when she refused, the Valar spent many years debating what was to be done. They finally decided (while realizing that it was an imperfect solution applicable ONLY in Arda Marred and showing the Marrings of Melkor, and a more perfect solution would have been that Finwë have estel and patience for the healing of M*riel ('Is there not healing in Aman?')) that Finwë would be allowed to remarry and M*riel would be forced to remain disembodied for all time. This was not a decision taken lightly, and because of the evils that sprang forth from it was never done again.

And just curious, what do you mean by Finwë (Turgon)? Yes, both of their wives died, but Turgon never remarried.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #755
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Little difficult to be truly widowed when you're one of an immortal race with re-embodiment as an option... Though you do have to wonder, did the elves in middle earth know about re-embodiment and thus not re-marry, or are they in for some very awkward moments once they finally sail?

*sets a ring of fine chocolates around the off topic conversation*

Discussion threads are like green rooms... random discusiion till it time to boot the character back out on stage.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #756
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

hehe funny family reunion. "Hi hunny this is my new wife! get used to it!"
Old 05-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #757
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Wow Ingwe you write long posts But I'm proud to say I read it all! The suspense..
Old 05-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #758
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Wait a tick, I confused Mirial with Melian, it was late and that was just retarded. But anyway, somehow it works for my character that I have a second wife. But anyway, now that I sound like a total nucklehead, I'll be drilling two holes in my brain - one in which to put some sense and one in which to extract the evil that is within. One part stupidity, one part evil, one part good intentions = me.

The idea of even if the first wife is dead, and having a second one, does make me sound evil through my character's personality, seeing that most peoples' characters' personalities are extended versions of their true selves. So, I've officially reached the evil of Eol or perhaps even Morgoth himself o.O.

Anyway, yep, I write long posts. Eventhough my last post I think is good, the fundamental flaw with my character pretty much negates every post I've ever written, making me pretty much an expendable character (and person in real life). Another bad day in which I wish a meteor would hit me square on top of my head.

Last edited by Ingwe : 05-25-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #759
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

meteors on the head is not a good idea, not only would it hurt, depending on the size but it would also make a real big mess that would involve having to be cleaning up and the absence of you would cause a your char sized whole in the thread.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #760
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I think it's safe to say that a punishment is in order, though. Not for my character obviously, but for me, seeing as no dumber fundamental character design flaw has ever been achieved in known history.