Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #741
Mari
Elf Lady

Why be ashamed? You weren't engaged for nothing, so... *more hugs*
If you ever get to a stage where you need a mace, I'll gladly lend you mine... ^_^

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #742
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Lmao, thank Mari

Yay for hugs ^^

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #743
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Fne. The two cats still don't get along. Two frogs died in the pond this winter, one of them is probably our long-time resident frog. This isn't the first winter the pond freezes over, what where they doing there in the first place? Sis is coming over for dinner uninvited, if she expects anything warm she should have called sooner and I can tell already she's not going to like it. And this dratted short story that has to be finished tonight is not cooperating. Gah! Why is the world working against me?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #744
Mari
Elf Lady

You need three things: a hug to make you feel better, a mace to solve the problems that can be solved with a mace (the problem with your sis and maybe the also the story one) and a pet-huggle.
So: *hugs* *hands Earn her mace* *gives Earn a pet-huggle*.

I hope tomorrow will be better!

Old 02-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #745
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

For over a year we've had a woman (we'll cal her Sue) who has practically tried to run the photo lab. she drives everyone crazy and runs and tells the boss every little thing the rest of us do or say. She went around saying during the Christmas rush of 2007 she was the only one that sold cameras and camcorders. (I called her out on that one). We had a guy (we'll call him Luke) join the team. The only guy if I might add. Sue has sexually harassed Luke since the day he set foot in that lab. She has sexually harassed my now husband since the day she found out we were engaged. She has lied to managers and is causing everyone not to want to work with her. The photo lab is on the verge of losing two good workers, Luke and myself, because of her. Sue knows I'm rarely serious and I don't mean what I say if said in jest. She took a joke the wrong way and ran to a co-manager. That was the final straw for me. I requested that I not work with her or at least not close the lab down with her. Today, all my patience with her from the last year crumbled when Luke told me he was going on break because his wife was waiting on him (they work the same shift in order to do that). Sue dropped what she was doing and shoved the keys to the camera and digital photo frame cases basically in my face and walked off. I was fuming. Luke offered to stay, but I told him to go ahead because his wife was waiting. A few minutes later, one of the other ladies (we'll call her Mary) that works with me came back and asked what was wrong. She could tell I was fuming by the way my jaw was moving. Apparently when I am highly POed I grind my teeth. Sue came back and tried to joke around with me. I didn't laugh and she proceeded to tell me she was joking and I couldn't take a joke. Which set me off. I told her she apparently couldn't take a joke and we had a falling out. Luckily, she had sense enough to keep her voice down. Then she asked what did she ever do to me and I started naming off everything from telling a manager a lie about me to chasing my husband. I then told her I hadn't been friends with her for a while and she got red faced and said she had never been friends with me. With is strange since she was telling people we were sisters at one point. I ended the argument before it got loud and she ran off crying. Luke and Sue kept they're distance so I could cool off. She had me wound up so tightly I was shaking. I hadn't been that POed since an argument I had with my step-mom two years ago. I couldn't even change the receipt paper. Luke went and found a manager and let him know that Sue dropped everything she was doing and went on break just because he did. And he let the manager know that he was tired of it and that she was always trying to follow him around. Mary talked to me and helped me calm down and she and Luke did there best to keep us apart.
I'll prolly hear about it from managment either tomorrow or Monday. I'm shaking just thinking about Sue's shenanigans.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 03-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #746
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

toxic co-workers are the worse!

Good luck!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #747
Acalewia

Thanks. I've been told one of the no BS managers has gotten involved *is hopeful* Which means there is the store manager, a co-manager and two assistant mangers involved.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #748
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Kids are cruel.

I think most of you guys know that my middle son is a congenital amputee - he was born with only little stubbies for legs. He's fine otherwise - sharp as a tack and sweet as candy and very friendly. Anyway, one of his friends started acting weird recently - they're in 7th grade and he's super-dorky and klutzy but started liking girls, and I guess he figured he'd look more macho if he bullied someone, so he picked my son. He started saying mean things to my son, and sending really mean, vile text messages. It escalated to where the text messages were "I'm gonna beat the crap out of you!". At that point, I called the kid's mom and laid down the law - this stops, NOW, or we'll go to the administration. It stopped ... until a few days ago. And the awful thing is that my son's best friend got sucked into it and started being mean to my son, too, when this guy was around. Then the really sick thing happened - they texted a picture they got off of some video game of some guy with his legs blown off - just bloody stumps for legs (IOW, kind of like my son's legs)- to my son. He didn't tell us at first because he still was hoping they'd stop and they'd be friends again. But then these guys caught him in the bathroom and started opening the door and yelling mean things at my son. Thank God the principal had to use the bathroom and suddenly walked in. The 2 kids opened the door to yell again and saw the principal and took off. Then my son finally told the principal. Luckily these two kids were stupid enough to do these things with other kids in the bathroom who were standing up for my son and are witnesses. Anyway, it's just really sad and sick, especially the one guy who was such a good friend of my son (we've had him over many times). The other guy was more of an acquaintance, but it still hurts. The two kids are out for the rest of the week, and I'm not sure what's going to happen. We're going to meet with the school administrators probably tomorrow, after they've met with both sets of parents.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 03-05-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #749
Mari
Elf Lady

How is your son?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #750
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Geez, sounds like those two guys are in dire need of the scolding of a life-time. Bullying is pathetic.

I hope your son finds himself some better friends than those losers. Good thing he's got a cool mom to turn to.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #751
Acalewia

That sounds like a kid I knew in elem. He was a quad and the sweetest guy you'd ever talk to. This guy that rode my bus and who had a crush on me started bullying this kid, trying to impress me. Did the opposite.

Those boys are losers to pick on your son like that. I'm glad there were people that were willing to stand up for your son.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #752
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Can I have a new Sunday, please?

Apparently minced meat can turn bad pretty quickly even though it's deep frozen
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #753
Mari
Elf Lady

o_O Oy!
I hope you feel better soon!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #754
Mari
Elf Lady

My wallet was stolen. I am pissed off

Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #755
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh no, that really does suck! I hope you didn't have too many credit or bank cards to have to cancel, and that they only found a penny in your wallet.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #756
Mari
Elf Lady

About 80 euros, 3 bankpasses (all blocked by now) my 2 school IDs, health insurance card, donor card, hospital card and all the mini-pictures and stickers I've collected over the years of my family, friends and myself. My very first babyfoto was in it and I don't have another...
Plus I'm very attached to that wallet. I bought it with my first allowance. Had to save up for weeks. To me that's worse than the money and the cards...

Old 03-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #757
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, for my part I had one hellacious hunt and a rather unfortunate accident. Stupid cousin. Well, that cut short my vacation.

....Moron.

Oh, screw it. I'll go up this weekend and do my thing. Screw him.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #758
Mari
Elf Lady

*carefully hugs Sane*
You're not hurt, are you?
Hope you'll find something else fun to do!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #759
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Me? No, not badly. But that retard just about shot himself and I caught some shrapnel. I warned him not to use handloads that he didn't do himself or test. But I guess it wasn't his fault, the round was faulty and exploded in the reciever when he pulled the trigger.

That was a mess.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #760
Mari
Elf Lady

Sounds scary... your cousin okay too, or is he worse off than you?
What is wrong when a round is faulty anyway? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to guns, so...

Closed Thread