Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #721
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
I've started going through the old Dr. Who shows - Drs. 1 - 9. Fun! *blows a kiss to Netflix*

Do you guys generally like Netflix, or is there something better?

Ahhh, the kids started school - now I'll get some quiet time to Moot again!
I'm LOVING Netflix. My husband has our TV set up more as a computer monitor because we're not really TV buffs, but we like the occasional movie. Anyway, I can stream movies whenever I want. I like to stream them at work so I can listen to something interesting while I'm getting paid.

I'm trying to get my parents to get Netflix because there's a Wii CD that can stream movies or something and they would LOVE the streaming. It's a quick turnaround too.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #722
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
Speaking of Ads, I have textbook.com. Apparently the Moot is telling me to go to school lmao
I have New Zealand Motorhomes!
What's that telling me?!?!?

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #723
Mari
Elf Lady

That you need to emigrate.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #724
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

But do I really?
Reaaaally really?

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 08-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #725
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Im very sorry - didnt mean for people to take offense. This, unfortunately, is the second time Ive annoyed a Mooter. Perhaps Ive been here too long and grown complacent about the usual positive response to my posts. I'll quit doing them altogether.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-17-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #726
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
I'm LOVING Netflix. My husband has our TV set up more as a computer monitor because we're not really TV buffs, but we like the occasional movie. Anyway, I can stream movies whenever I want. I like to stream them at work so I can listen to something interesting while I'm getting paid.
Good! OK, it seems like Netflix is fine and I'm not missing out on a better option.

(yes - it's an online movie rental company - thousands of movies, including oldies and internationals)

Quote:
I'm trying to get my parents to get Netflix because there's a Wii CD that can stream movies or something and they would LOVE the streaming. It's a quick turnaround too.
Yes, you can stream with the Wii or the XBox 360 or a coupla other things. There's no extra set-up required with the XBox, but with the Wii, you have to request a free disk from the Netflix site and do a quick one-time set-up. They both work great! You can also just buy simple boxes just for this that are less $ than an Xbox or Wii.

Here is the page that shows the devices that work.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 08-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #727
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh my gosh, GW. That is SERIOUSLY disturbing. Would you please NOT use my name in there for such a thing? Eww!
Actually, I'd rather you remove the entire post.
Thank you very much.

Ah, that makes sense, Rian. Thanks for explaining What sort of films do you watch?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #728
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
But do I really?
Reaaaally really?
Well, obviously only when you want to have a motor home there. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #729
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

And now its telling mr to start my own business roflmao

And wth? Terminix? Don't need them

I'm so loving being Wal-Mart free

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #730
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Im very sorry - didnt mean for people to take offense. This, unfortunately, is the second time Ive annoyed a Mooter. Perhaps Ive been here too long and grown complacent about the usual positive response to my posts. I'll quit doing them altogether.
I know you didn't mean that and I'm not angry. There's no need for you to start sulking and withhold us from all silly things you come up with, just because it didn't work out all that well once or twice.
So get to it and make up something else weird, okay?

Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #731
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I know you didn't mean that and I'm not angry. There's no need for you to start sulking and withhold us from all silly things you come up with, just because it didn't work out all that well once or twice.
So get to it and make up something else weird, okay?
Thanks, Mari! Im not really sulking, dear. But, it is getting more difficult really finding appropriate vids to mootify. I dont really know if there is any such vid - except for the good response to my Cloud City Final Battle vid adaption and the King Arthur & the Black Knight, except there I made the mistake of involving Valandil and the Biggus Dickus scene from LIfe of Brian was a definite non-acceptable Mootified vid and storypart.

So, there will be a long time for now that I will ever find a suitable example to mootify.

Perhaps after pondering for a very extended period, I might come up with something.

Until, Ill post my fwe posts and perhaps other things.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #732
Mari
Elf Lady

Perhaps you could tell us how you are doing?
How is your dog by the way?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #733
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well, Im doing pretty well. Im on the next but last month of a goverment run program for longterm unemployed people that Ive been since may of 08. These two and half years truly has gone by in a flash. Now harsher times will be at hand, with my contacts inability to truly find me a place where I fit in and where I might enjoy working. They have some-what pidgeon-holed me for packaging and wrapping work by hand, but Im hoping with their help to find something more stimulating.

Other than that Im finishing off a transcription onto my hp of a translation of a Swedish children's book I penciled into a notepad fall of last year.

My dog, or should I say, Mum's, is doing well. He is two and half now but still as enthusiastic as ever and runs around following us wherever we go - and whenever Im gonna take him out for a walk, he goes beserk with happiness.

My photography is on going well too - Ive done several series from January up to now.

Well, that is about it.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #734
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Describe how it will be and what will happen when you and your intended are as one this Friday & We!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97p6gQnlO5Y

Best to ya all from ur friend GW

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-18-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #735
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Well, Im doing pretty well. Im on the next but last month of a goverment run program for longterm unemployed people that Ive been since may of 08. These two and half years truly has gone by in a flash. Now harsher times will be at hand, with my contacts inability to truly find me a place where I fit in and where I might enjoy working. They have some-what pidgeon-holed me for packaging and wrapping work by hand, but Im hoping with their help to find something more stimulating.

Other than that Im finishing off a transcription onto my hp of a translation of a Swedish children's book I penciled into a notepad fall of last year.

My dog, or should I say, Mum's, is doing well. He is two and half now but still as enthusiastic as ever and runs around following us wherever we go - and whenever Im gonna take him out for a walk, he goes beserk with happiness.

My photography is on going well too - Ive done several series from January up to now.

Well, that is about it.
I see That's good to know.
I hope you will get a nice job after this one. Is your caseworker still the annoying cranky person or do you have a nice caseworker nowadays?

Heh, transcribing paper things to the computer would take me ages. I'm a fast typer, but just not when I keep having to look at a piece of paper for the next word.

How old is the dog now? Only 2 or so, right? Him being enthusiastic is not strange then. The dog of my cousin is about 5 now and still as energetic as a pup. Though now he actually is able to heel for longer than .1 seconds... maybe age is kicking in after all

Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #736
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I see That's good to know.
I hope you will get a nice job after this one. Is your caseworker still the annoying cranky person or do you have a nice caseworker nowadays?

Heh, transcribing paper things to the computer would take me ages. I'm a fast typer, but just not when I keep having to look at a piece of paper for the next word.

How old is the dog now? Only 2 or so, right? Him being enthusiastic is not strange then. The dog of my cousin is about 5 now and still as energetic as a pup. Though now he actually is able to heel for longer than .1 seconds... maybe age is kicking in after all
My current caseworker is quite alright. She has promised that she wont "throw me to the wolves", so to speak.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #737
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

That normal for a 2 year old dog, heck I've seen an 8 year old dog acting like it had ants in its pants lol

My boss rented a cabin in the Ozarks for the christmas party this year. i'll be sure to take lots of pic cause I'm sure the scenery will still be awesome

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #738
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #739
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Thanks, Mari! Im not really sulking, dear. But, it is getting more difficult really finding appropriate vids to mootify. I dont really know if there is any such vid - except for the good response to my Cloud City Final Battle vid adaption and the King Arthur & the Black Knight, except there I made the mistake of involving Valandil and the Biggus Dickus scene from LIfe of Brian was a definite non-acceptable Mootified vid and storypart.

So, there will be a long time for now that I will ever find a suitable example to mootify.

Perhaps after pondering for a very extended period, I might come up with something.

Until, Ill post my fwe posts and perhaps other things.
I would like to suggest scenes from the movie "The Princess Bride" to start with. I find that for some reason I like to group that movie in with other cult classics such as Monty Python or Mel Brooks movies, even though it totally does NOT belong in that group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
My boss rented a cabin in the Ozarks for the christmas party this year. i'll be sure to take lots of pic cause I'm sure the scenery will still be awesome
The Arkansas Ozarks or the Missouri Ozarks?
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #740
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Thanks, Midge, I will try do that one.
Closed Thread