Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #721
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

more than likely, caught, prosecuted, and with all the evidence against him...Hung.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:59 PM   #722
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hung? No, I don't think so - there's no real evidence against him that would actually hang him, IMO. According to Zimra, he may have been a cad (which should be a hanging offense, IMHO, but isn't), and the worst he could have possibly done was to force her to drink (and there's no witnesses to that), but that's hardly a hanging offence. People saw her go off a bridge "by herself".

Notice re: the language of Gondolin : I've heard rumors of trouble ahead for the "good guys" and I've already asked several times for an agreement that Gondolic would NOT be understood by anyone other than Rian, Alagos, Tyaron, Earniel and a bit by Prof. Mahtaliel, but haven't heard much back on it. Gordis said it was fine with her (IIRC), and I think Udu, too, but I haven't heard from any others that I remember - SO - this is my "official notice" that I will NOT have the woman-striker/coward comment understood by anyone else other than R, A, T and E. If anyone wants to comes up with some language expert that can translate a comment in Gondolic somehow remembered by someone that overheard it, then I will go BACK and EDIT my post and make the comment spoken in a private language that the Gondolin characters made up for fun, since they love languages so much, and that NO ONE ELSE understands (or I could make it a thought-comment, but I'm just not into the thought communication thing). NO ONE will understand that comment except those whom I wish to have understand it

Anyway, I ask the Gondolic language thing as a favor and hope you guys will grant it so I won't have to resort to made-up languages or thought communication I don't know, I guess I just think languages are so neat - Tolkien sure did, too! - and I'd just like a private one for my characters - you guys feel free to have your own private languages, too, of course - Udu has already mentioned a language for his set. Perhaps A and T travelled in Udu's neck of the woods during their long and wandering life and picked up that language , but I'd check with Udu first before I made that decision.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-16-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #723
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, i agreed, i said something like agreed on the lingo thingo ... something like that anyway ...what could be clearer?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #724
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, that's right, you did too - thanks

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #725
Rían

Maggie or Gordis - I had no ideas what to write about Jewelry class, because I don't know how Prof. M. would have run it, and I just couldn't imagine Aiwendis and RÃ*an chatting in class, so I just went ahead and wrote a post that took place after classes.

I dedicate my most recent post to all the wonderful men in my life and to all the wonderful and interesting ways that they have enriched my life (I had sisters, not brothers, and now not only have a husband and sons, but lots of lovely brothers-in-law, too!)

(and I have now edited one word in my infamous post so that the language issue can now go wherever I want it to )

Last edited by Rían : 11-17-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:30 PM   #726
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB , you there? Could you post the investigation, please, I will continue with Zimra then, as all my other characters are stuck...
Old 11-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #727
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sure.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #728
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
Maggie or Gordis - I had no ideas what to write about Jewelry class, because I don't know how Prof. M. would have run it, and I just couldn't imagine Aiwendis and RÃ*an chatting in class, so I just went ahead and wrote a post that took place after classes.
That's fine, I had been waiting for Sane and Lotesse to get their characters to the class before I posted anything, but I can always do a flashback type post so that's ok.

I've been working on short story type things for one of my english classes and an essay for the other one this week so my writing energy's been getting eaten up by that...

I'll post on the main thread soon.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #729
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh, Rian i loved the archer and swordsman stuff!

...so .... what DO they say about swordsmen? (remember it's PG 13)

actually that reminds me ...

CAR 51 .... WHERE ARE YOU????

and what do the swordsman say about the archers?

EDIT **

Gor it's all set up for Zimra for you ...

i noticed you'd editied the balding post after my last post!

UDU:good stuff! ... among any other presents you might acquire later after mor drinks i have added an idea in the rpg ...

bumble has a doze around 4 ...so maybe that'd be the time to go shopping???

Serenoli nice touch with the 'fifth bottle maudlin blues' .... luckily the sixth bottle always seems to sort jas out heh?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-17-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #730
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks, BB ! Liked your Constable. So long curly locks he has... OK!

I shall try to continue.

I hope King Val is not dead of Love Potion overdose?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #731
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
...so .... what DO they say about swordsmen? (remember it's PG 13) ... and what do the swordsman say about the archers?
I'll leave it to your imagination ...
(but it corresponds with the characteristics of the respective weapons and how they're used)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I hope King Val is not dead of Love Potion overdose?

Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 PM   #732
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Rian , I see BB has left for tonight, I am leaving as well, so why not continue with Arastud's questioning? I believe it will inevitably come next...
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #733
Rían

Gordis - just read your post - Arastud's in trouble!

I'd like to request one edit, though, please, since I wrote the post where he talked to Zimra - I specifically said that he "lightened it up" as much as possible, and IMO, he would NOT specifically say that she got into his bed - he would say something more along the lines of "she came into my room, smelling drunk, and started being over-friendly with me" or something along those lines. Is that OK? I'm willing to work on that line, but I just don't see him telling Zimra that she actually climbed into bed with him, both to shield Melwen and also because he wouldn't talk about those types of details with a girl that he doesn't know much, and doesn't see the need for that detail. Later on, if the investigation gets more serious, he might.

What do you think? Will that work for you? I'll be on for a bit if you want to let me know.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #734
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

OK, fine!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #735
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Rian , I see BB has left for tonight, I am leaving as well, so why not continue with Arastud's questioning? I believe it will inevitably come next...
Do you mean write Barli interviewing Arastud? Is he done with Zimra yet?

I don't think I can write for Barli - that's going to have to be BB. I just don't know what he would want to ask Arastud, and BB writes for Barli so well! Arastud's pretty easy to write for - a simple, straightforward kind of guy.

My elves are hanging out in the city right now, if Barli wants to catch them there.

Let me know if you have any ideas for interaction with your characters and mine. Right now, I guess mainly interaction in class as they're working on a project together or something. But it will have to be your call - my characters would be fine with her, but your character hates my characters, and I don't think she would be chummy with them. Anyway, let me know

EDIT - ps, thanks for the post change

Last edited by Rían : 11-17-2005 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #736
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Do you mean write Barli interviewing Arastud? Is he done with Zimra yet?

I don't think I can write for Barli - that's going to have to be BB. I just don't know what he would want to ask Arastud, and BB writes for Barli so well! Arastud's pretty easy to write for - a simple, straightforward kind of guy.

My elves are hanging out in the city right now, if Barli wants to catch them there.

Let me know if you have any ideas for interaction with your characters and mine. Right now, I guess mainly interaction in class as they're working on a project together or something. But it will have to be your call - my characters would be fine with her, but your character hates my characters, and I don't think she would be chummy with them. Anyway, let me know
OK, you are right. Let BB continue tomorrow.

As for Rian and Aiwendis, I think they will not be sitting alone for long, in rpg-time, though it seems like an eternity, real time . Mahtaliel is on her way, Vivvie should come soon as well, after the race. If Vivvie and Ray come first, perhaps they will start making friends with Aiwendis and Rian. As for teaching, we will leave it to LMM.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #737
Rían

definitely! *gets out her jewelry making equipment*

Can someone please add the class schedule that Gordis made to the formal info thread? That was really helpful, Gordis, how you did the colors and all that. I had forgotten that Viv and Ray were in the class, and I can't find the schedule now.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:54 PM   #738
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

SHEDULE
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT5.jpg

Here it is, Rian. Done in Photoshop.

BB!!! Please add it to the INFO thread.

Oh, I am off to bed,
Night, All.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #739
Rían

thanks, Gor! and goodnight

Old 11-17-2005, 09:59 PM   #740
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I don't know, I guess I just think languages are so neat - Tolkien sure did, too! - and I'd just like a private one for my characters - you guys feel free to have your own private languages, too, of course - Udu has already mentioned a language for his set. Perhaps A and T travelled in Udu's neck of the woods during their long and wandering life and picked up that language , but I'd check with Udu first before I made that decision.
Rian,

Udu and all the other Nazgul can speak Black Speech, but would never do this in public in a place like Tharbad. The elves' ears would start burning if they heard one word of it. Remember the Ring inscription.... Ash Nazg.... That is Black Speech.

"UDU:good stuff! ... among any other presents you might acquire later after mor drinks i have added an idea in the rpg ...
bumble has a doze around 4 ...so maybe that'd be the time to go shopping???" - BB

BB, when Bumble falls asleep, Udu will probably ease out of the tavern. He is hoping to leave both Jas and Bumble drunk, slumped over the table, or under the table. Very enjoyable drinking bout between Bumble, Jas and Udu.

Great posts today, everyone. This mystery about "what happened to Melwen" is getting very interesting. Of course, not very many know who really drank that kitchen wine.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 11-17-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Closed Thread