Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #721
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
aha, so the third troll has turned up ....
Are you calling me a troll, BB? Why? Not very "peace on earth" I don't understand, but whatever ... *shrug*

Quote:
Ri - i believe the phrase was - can we not just leave it - not go into it all again.
Then why do you keep bringing it up again? I don't think it's fair for you to say "let's leave it", and then NOT leave it, and then complain when others respond to what you brought up.

At this point, I guess I'll just stop responding, even if you bring it up again.

Quote:
i have just said again and again it'd be nice to leave on good terms- is that a bad thing?
No, it's a GOOD thing - why not just PM Udu and see if there's anything that can be cleared up Maybe he's just the type of guy that doesn't like to discuss personal matters on a public thread. I can certainly understand that. If leaving on good terms is really your goal, then that seems like the best thing to try, IMO. It's a good goal, and apparently he's not comfortable responding on this thread, so try PM

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-21-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #722
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

PLEASE read mine & Crazy Squirrel's bits, BB! I am dying to hear what you think of them, our Lilly & Viv conversations. There's 4, four posts - two Crazy Squirrel's and two mine.

And Rian, I HIGHLY, highly doubt that Butterbeer would call ANYone a troll, much less you! Oh uber-defensive one!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-21-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:29 PM   #723
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Gor i don't really have any issues with him: i am just trying to go on good terms: yet he keeps blanking me here in public... what is so hard for him to be civil as you and i are?

who's a arguing? (said Tom - or at least Bill thought it sounded like Tom)

what are we a bunch of trolls?

best BB
i was referring to this - i take it you have read the hobbit?

Rian - i was just TRYING (though obviously NOT suceedding) to be friendly and light-hearted -as you yourself were with the funny earniel meets benny hill sketches

whether it works or not- that is the meaning behind it and no other.

anyway, as lotesse said - lets stick to the rpg, heh?

best BB
Old 12-21-2005, 06:29 PM   #724
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I don't see how else to read that, but he can answer if he wants to. You're right, tho - I am uber-defensive - it comes from being attacked by the ACLU (joke!)

Lotesse, I really like how you portrayed Viv's attitude towards Lilly - the type of friend that you're loyal towards, but that you know is going to shoot themselves in the foot yet again (Lilly and her repeated plots that always get her into trouble!) and you support them as best you know how, and give advice though you know it prob. won't be taken, and then be there to pick up the pieces. And showing more of Viv's dark side, too - poor Marty!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #725
Rían

Quote:
i was referring to this - i take it you have read the hobbit?

Rian - i was just TRYING (though obviously NOT suceedding) to be friendly and light-hearted -as you yourself were with the funny earniel meets benny hill sketches

whether it works or not- that is the meaning behind it and no other.
ok, thanks for explaining

Old 12-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #726
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Rian! And yes, I feel it's time for Viv to bring out some of her darkside characteristics. There's definitely two sides to HER coin. But she'll be mortified if Ray ever finds out she was behind such evil plotties.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #727
Rían

"plotties" Reminds me of "walkies!" for some reason - that the Brit dog lady used to say.

Viv: "come on, now, Lilly - time for evil plotties!"

GW - I look forward to rpg-tomorrow ...

Old 12-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #728
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
"plotties" Reminds me of "walkies!" for some reason - that the Brit dog lady used to say.

:
LOL!!! That CRACKED me up!!

Old 12-21-2005, 07:30 PM   #729
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Finally got time to read today's posts.
I loved the girls interaction! Compliments, Lotesse and CS!
It is both dramatic (Viv finally gave Marty, her lover's best friend to her sister)
and very funny:

"U- I mean, Maethor will not be as patient with you as uncle K - I mean, Galadannun has been!"

Loved this part. And Lil's dance and spilled coffee!

And I liked the writing. Lotesse's bit about pomgrenade juice matching the wicked hue of Lil's dress, and the description of the dining room, - quite well written!

More posts like that, please! Where is our Buz? CS is right, he should be back soon. I am dying to know what HE will think of Lil's plans.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #730
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Gah, Marty aint going down without a fight. He knows what hes in for, at least, woman wise, even if he dont know she is a nazgul. I'll not have him go down so ungloriously to that flouncing twit of a nazgul (No offence CS, i really like Lilly and the posts!)
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #731
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

THANX, GORDIS!! *is all happy*

Shah - but Marty will have no idea that Viv has gotten any info about his love life, nor would he be able to figure out that Viv gave that kind of intel away to Lil, or even what Lil would do with the info once she had it. All Lilly wants to do is hamper the competion, and that'll mean she'll try and get at Marty's fiancee. To hurt her, I mean. It won't bring Marty into Lil's arms, no doubt, but try convincing Lilly of this fundamental truth! Lilaenwen does NOT like to listen to reason.

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-21-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #732
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh, thats fine, she can kill his fiancee, but....well, Miri isnt his fiancee yet. He hasnt even told her parents. Indeed, I think, if i knew my brother right, he'd never go around other women again after miri gets the axe.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #733
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

that's why we love her so!

well, i have finished me marathon pm session ... i won't have time to read much of the rpg tonight but i will tommorow night at latest .. and will post for bumble's commerce class.

Shah: are you happy to take on barli? ..aahhh go on, go on go on! please??

Lotesse
- (i think?) - is going to look after the very mysterious Beautiful boomerang - hopefully.

Valandil
is hesitant on bumble - though i think he'd have fun with him and would write him very well - ...but we'll see- otherwise i need to make other plans for him ...

Snoozy and dozy - or watson and the watch dogs are for shah, mainly if she takes on barli for me - but can be semi public anyway -

the tortoises too!

barliman (where DO i get these names from i wonder? - his surname is unknown i think at this momment - but it just wouldn't suprise me if it began with a 'B' ) ..nephew of the still ill, possibly dying old widow, can be public too - i suggest we leave the old widow on the old backburner - she btw was supposed to be a kind of happy go lucky "witch" - a fusion of nanny ogg and granny weatherwax - but a tolkien version ...

well all the best to each and everyone one of you without exception ...and my sincere apologies if i offended anyone without meaning to...

yours BB
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #734
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I know, huh! Poor Marty!! Well, that's the thing about Viv, she's true hearted yet evil as well.

DAMN! I hate cross-posting.Yes, I'll mind your butterfly 4 U, Butterbeer, but really, I still need his little bio and some idea of his M.O., whenever you can get that to me.

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-21-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 PM   #735
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

It would be an honor to be entrusted with good old Barli! And the dogs as well!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:07 AM   #736
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an

GW - I look forward to rpg-tomorrow ...
Oh, you mean Wraiths..., Episode IV: Revenge of the Spirits.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 12-22-2005 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 AM   #737
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

In other words, tuesday in game.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 AM   #738
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Soory for not posting the Khamûl, Udu & Rian part yet guys. I tried to get on yesterday but my internet was down. Will post it now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-22-2005, 10:52 AM   #739
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah
Gah, Marty aint going down without a fight. He knows what hes in for, at least, woman wise, even if he dont know she is a nazgul. I'll not have him go down so ungloriously to that flouncing twit of a nazgul (No offence CS, i really like Lilly and the posts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
well all the best to each and everyone one of you without exception ...
And to you, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW
Oh, you mean Wraiths..., Episode IV: Revenge of the Spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD
Soory for not posting the Khamûl, Udu & Rian part yet guys. I tried to get on yesterday but my internet was down. Will post it now.
No prob - *reads post* - Whew, Khamul always gives me the chills! Nasty fellow! But we'll need to figure out some edits, because I already had Rian having the book back in my post (which I'm willing to reconsider). I'll PM you in a bit with some ideas, and can you think, too, and PM me? Thanks!

Last edited by Rían : 12-22-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:26 PM   #740
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Wonderful posts!
TD, Khamul is deliciously evil!

As for the inconsistency, of course, Rian has priority for snatching the book, but I feel it is much more like Khamul to never let it out of his claws!

I believe it would be great if Rian edits her post, if she is willing - and I see she is. The plot will become more intricate.

Val, awesome post. What a poem!!!
But I will kick the girls out of my Bridge Building class quite soon. . The ML intends to teach Val SERIOUSLY.

Last edited by Gordis : 12-22-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Closed Thread