Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #721
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, the LALALA trick works well, or so I am told. I should do that more often myself. I get too emotionally involved in all the life (and death) around me. And wasn't it Nietsche, who said "What does not kill me, makes me stronger?" That is actually true. As far as I've experienced, anyway.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-28-2006, 07:31 AM   #722
katya
Elven Maiden

Reading this thread always makes my problems seem really small, but I wanted to say it anyway. It`s not a death, and that I am really grateful for, but it is a loss. See, in Japan, graduation ceremony is on March 1st, tomorrow. And I happened to make a lot of new third year (senior) friends recently. Starting at the beginning of the year they were always in the library studying for college entrance exams, and I was in there my free hours as well, so it kind of went from me helping with English homework to just talking. And I kind of fell in "like" with one of them. I wasn`t completely sure until yesterday. But now he`s gonna be leaving and I`m really sad about it. I was actually crying yesterday just thinking about how he`s not gonna be here, and how he tried saying goodbye that day. Anyway, tomorrow is graduation and if I don`t do something probably the last time I`ll see him, so I think I might just tell him. I`m kind of scared at what he`ll say but I mean, there`s nothing to lose, right? Still, he is going to college and it will probably be kind of far away. And then I`m leaving in July but that`s kind of far off still. There`s still lots of time to spend here.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:57 PM   #723
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

no, you have nothing to lose. you really should tell him: you never know what could happen.

i'm not the best one to say anything though, since i'm sort of in the same situation.. only that he's not leaving yet (two months..).

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #724
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Nothing wrong with telling him you're in like with him.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #725
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Geebus BoP, you got it bad too...my sympathies on the passing of your Opa. I know what that is like. Gah...Good luck Katya with that. I doubt you will loose anything, more than likely will gain.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #726
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

minor vent, but *yawn* tired tired tired ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #727
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Gah...I cant fall asleep for the life of me... I miss my old bronze bulldozer... May he rest in peace with his chew toy.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #728
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*Gives giant moot-hugs to all*
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 03-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #729
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

****ing **** ****!!!!!! My parakeet just died this morning. Held her throught he poor things death twitches. AAUGH! No! Poor lil mite. She was my first pet. I wanted to be a pirate for a while and demanded that like a proper pirate, I must have a parrot. (And I just love birds) So my parents relented (my mother anyways) and took me to the pet store. I was looking around, adn finally found a cage full of big birght parakeets.

True to fashion, I fell in love with the dinkiest runt of the brood. I was a half pint pirate with a half pint parrot. Juju was a baby when I got her, and I hand raised her to be a sweet, sassy thing. and now she is gone and my room is cold and lonely. No one to sing for the joy of just seeing me. Or scold me when I am on the phone....It was not a fun thing to watch. **** I am so depressed. And it looks like my cat is gearing up to die too...just watch he is dead by end of week. knowing my luck....
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #730
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Oh my. That is so very sad. You got it really bad recently... Thoughts going out to you. *Moothug*
Old 03-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #731
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Poor juju...
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 03-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #732
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, nother vent. Sephiroth saw I was glum. Offered cigarette. I've gone through 2 packs in the last half day.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #733
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I had an entire list of things i was going to complain about but after thinking about it i decided not to. I'm just going to list a few. It makes me angry when people ignore me. Not in the sense of not listening to what i say but not hearing it. What i mean by this is, casting out what I say because they don't feel it is either important or worth taking a moment to consider. Also, someone using their intelligence to make someone else feel stupid. I feel this is no different than someone using their muscle to make another feel weak.

There, I've vented and feel a little better.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #734
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*Moothug for Sane*

I'm sorry to hear that - animals are so wonderful...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #735
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

I'm sorry, Sane. I know how you feel... my cockatiel has flown away several times. We've been lucky so far, though.

Rant: Argh!!! Kant should have been shot before he had the audacity to inflict himself upon college students everywhere!!!!!

My paper's due tomorrow. Took me an hour to write an intro. Or more. I am currently dying.

Neil Gaiman
Old 03-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #736
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
****ing **** ****!!!!!! My parakeet just died this morning. Held her throught he poor things death twitches. AAUGH! No! Poor lil mite. She was my first pet. I wanted to be a pirate for a while and demanded that like a proper pirate, I must have a parrot. (And I just love birds) So my parents relented (my mother anyways) and took me to the pet store. I was looking around, adn finally found a cage full of big birght parakeets.

True to fashion, I fell in love with the dinkiest runt of the brood. I was a half pint pirate with a half pint parrot. Juju was a baby when I got her, and I hand raised her to be a sweet, sassy thing. and now she is gone and my room is cold and lonely. No one to sing for the joy of just seeing me. Or scold me when I am on the phone....It was not a fun thing to watch. **** I am so depressed. And it looks like my cat is gearing up to die too...just watch he is dead by end of week. knowing my luck....
You are having the worst of luck. Best of luck here out. I can't beleive that all this is happening. Dunno what else to say.
EDIT: At least you're not in as bad shape as this poor composer they were just talking about. All of his kids died horribly from different stuff, and one died on his birthday, then his wife died...sounds like Edgar Allan Poe.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 03-02-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:21 AM   #737
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

he last gew pages of this thread just suck. All of you guys, but esspecially BoP and Shah, you have my sympathies.

FCG, I don't think any vent is insignifigant, if it gets stuff off your chest.

Katya, did you tell him? () I hope so, really, 'cause it's true that you have nothing to lose. If you didn't yet, then stop mooting and call him to say how you feel, and later you'll try to meet up again to settle it in whatever way appropriate.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:50 AM   #738
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Hm. Reading the venting thread is never happy, but this... sucks. Best wishes to you all, especially Sane and BoP...

Vent: BUSYBUSYBUSY. I feel like a slacker for choosing to sleep.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:20 AM   #739
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Katya, did you tell him? () I hope so, really, 'cause it's true that you have nothing to lose. If you didn't yet, then stop mooting and call him to say how you feel, and later you'll try to meet up again to settle it in whatever way appropriate.
See my post in the teacup. It`s a few pages back... Anyway, basically it`s no good. I just got back from talking to him a little today too. I just said "I`m sorry" and he just said oh and kept walking. Honestly I think that`s probably the best thing he could have done and I think everything happened exactly as it should have. But it`s still really hard.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 AM   #740
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

We are having a power crisis here in the Western Cape. Power outages at the most inopportune times. It frustrates me to no end.

Sorry to hear, Insane and Katya.