Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #701
Mari
Elf Lady

Well, once again you get confirmed that you should never put things online you don't want to get out.
I wonder if this new ToS can legally apply to people who registered under the old ToS. I suppose not, because that's not the ToS you signed.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #702
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Of course it applies, because surely the old ToS explicitly informed the user about the likelihood of future changes and how they will apply automatically.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #703
Mari
Elf Lady

Hmmm, I know I read it thoroughly (which is something I don't usually do >_<), but that part went over my head. But then, who'd expect something like this to happen?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #704
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm not really sure what's up with me lately :-/. I feel strange, emotionally.

Since I've returned to 'full communion' with the Catholic Church, I feel like this huge emotional weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I mean... I feel so, so much better than I can remember feeling since I was.. 13 or 14, I guess. Maybe a little younger. Whenever I really started to realize what was up with me.

But at the same time I have these like... mood swings. They happen if something that I don't like happens (i.e. I get bad news, or I start to get nervous about a test) and they last about five to ten seconds. I just start to feel shaky and like I'm going to cry.

They're not so bad as they were at first, but it's weird. When it happens I just take a few deep breaths and re-center myself.... but it's weird.

I kind of suspect that I've just been so used to living with, and try to deal with, so much emotional stress and fear for so many years that now that I'm putting that behind me and I feel genuinely at peace most of the time.... I half wonder if my body/brain just isn't sure how to deal with that yet.

If it continues for more than a few weeks I'll consider going in to get a checkup and just make sure every thing's still balanced hormonally speaking... But at the moment I don't think it's anything to worry about. It's just frustrating when I have to mentally stop myself and deal with a sudden, weird mood swing.

I know there's been a change though, because I told a friend of mine about what was going on, and without any hesitation she pin-pointed the week that I returned to the Church... she said, "Ever since that week, your face has looked so different. Like you've been relieved about something, and your attitude is much calmer... and I was wondering what had happened, because I thought at first it would just be a temporary change. I thought maybe you were just trying to act more adult, but it's been the same since then and doesn't change even when you get excited."

I just wish my dang mood would behave -_-.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #705
Nautipus
Kraken King

Okaaaay. SO now my teacher is officially a, ahem, canine of the decidedly female persuasion. She wants us to have read 6 chapters for the next test (this is Genetics, btw), and to have memorized each key term from each chapter. That's over 150 terms PER CHAPTER.

Someday...I'll have my revenge.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #706
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hey! I know some very nice female canines (my old mutt being on of them)! Don't besmirch their good name with some lowly specimin!

but seriously:

Now THAT is evil. I wish you the best of luck and hope that, maybe, cheating might benefit you? 900 key terms in all...Ech! I don't evny you brother!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #707
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I'm not really sure what's up with me lately :-/. I feel strange, emotionally.

Since I've returned to 'full communion' with the Catholic Church, I feel like this huge emotional weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I mean... I feel so, so much better than I can remember feeling since I was.. 13 or 14, I guess. Maybe a little younger. Whenever I really started to realize what was up with me.

But at the same time I have these like... mood swings. They happen if something that I don't like happens (i.e. I get bad news, or I start to get nervous about a test) and they last about five to ten seconds. I just start to feel shaky and like I'm going to cry.

They're not so bad as they were at first, but it's weird. When it happens I just take a few deep breaths and re-center myself.... but it's weird.

I kind of suspect that I've just been so used to living with, and try to deal with, so much emotional stress and fear for so many years that now that I'm putting that behind me and I feel genuinely at peace most of the time.... I half wonder if my body/brain just isn't sure how to deal with that yet.

If it continues for more than a few weeks I'll consider going in to get a checkup and just make sure every thing's still balanced hormonally speaking... But at the moment I don't think it's anything to worry about. It's just frustrating when I have to mentally stop myself and deal with a sudden, weird mood swing.

I know there's been a change though, because I told a friend of mine about what was going on, and without any hesitation she pin-pointed the week that I returned to the Church... she said, "Ever since that week, your face has looked so different. Like you've been relieved about something, and your attitude is much calmer... and I was wondering what had happened, because I thought at first it would just be a temporary change. I thought maybe you were just trying to act more adult, but it's been the same since then and doesn't change even when you get excited."

I just wish my dang mood would behave -_-.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

You converted (or is the word "reverted"? ) to Catholicism? This is the heaviest pleasant whack on the head I've had in quite a while! Please PM me and tell me what happened.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 02-20-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #708
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm getting so frustrated with this stupid job. This is not turning out like it did last time I taught piano.

First off my new boss, who heads up the area, isn't doing that great of a job in my opinion . I think I've already said it, but it bears saying again. He promised me at least three schools, and I have one. He said they wouldn't be start ups, and the one school he gave me is a start up.

He's asked me about SIX TIMES if I can work Fridays, when I said in my very first e-mail that I couldn't, and EVERY TIME SINCE THEN I have told him that no I can't work Fridays.

Now he wants to know if I can get to TWO schools on Wednesdays, and I told him that I'd love to if he can figure out a way for me to get the kids in a timely manner... which probably isn't going to happen... although I do have an idea I'm going to try out next Wednesday.

AND now my head manager (my old boss... the lady who runs the program) just gave me a 'company e-mail account'. Which would be fine, except that I'll have to check it separately from my regular e-mail. I may just try to find a way to (politely) tell her that I don't want a new e-mail account, particularly one I have to go check manually every day, when I already have one e-mail that works perfectly well.

I can't juggle the musical fraternity, plus school, plus dealing with my stupid piano boss, plus the grouchy old choir director who seems to want me to sing louder than all of the other Basses combined (but GOD FORBID I ever miss a note while SIGHT READING the music), plus doing observations, plus trying to get ready for the NATS competition, and doing my volunteer work with the kids choir.

I'm dropping out of the fraternity, so that will hopefully be some stress done with, but seriously.

Oh, and did I mention that I've almost been in two more car accidents? One was at the same damn place as my first accident. A guy ran the red light, but luckily I'm paranoid about that intersection now and was paying extra attention... so I saw he wasn't slowing down I waited out part of my green light so that he could go flying through his red light. That was middle of last week.

Then this morning I was at a stop light and the thing turned green. So I checked both ways, and started to go. The jerk had been slowing down but suddenly decided screw that, I'm getting through this intersection even though my light's been red for about three/four seconds. So he went flying through, and luckily I saw him speeding up out of the corner of my eye and I slammed on my breaks. If I had been about a foot further into the intersection he would've hit me, and he must've been going at least 50 mph.

It's like someone took out a hit on me or something . Death by car collision.

Last edited by Tessar : 02-21-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #709
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm glad they missed you, Tessar! That's one thing that I try to pound into my new driver's head - you can obey all the rules but still get in an accident if the other person messes up. Do NOT go into an intersection after waiting at a red light until you see that everyone has stopped going the other way! You just HAVE to drive defensively!!!

Vent - pain, pain, pain - couldn't sleep last night for hours because of the pain. The physical therapy for the foot just triggers my chronic pain condition, and it's stinkin' miserable. I'm out of real pain relievers (Vicodin, Percocet) and doctors don't like to give those out, so I just have to stick it out and suffer. I think I'm going to have to find a pain clinic ...

And the stupid pain just makes my head fuzzy and I can't think of any good ideas for the RPG I started Normally the stories write themselves, but it's like the characters just sat down on the side of the road and refuse to go anywhere ... Maybe they're in pain, too ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-25-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #710
Mari
Elf Lady

*hug*
Can I get you a nice cup of tea?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #711
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*gives Tessar, RÃ*an and Mari a superhug*
Old 02-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #712
Mari
Elf Lady

Thanks, but I am fine *hugs Earn back* Are you fine? Are 'they' gone yet?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #713
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sorry, superhugs are notoriously difficult to aim, people randomly standing by tend to get caught up as well.

I could tentatively say the bacteria and other strange afflictions have left the building but I've decided I won't consider them gone until the 10th of March passes without them doing another lazarus. These trickssy critterss tend to be... well... trickssy. Hiss.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #714
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Well... it would appear I am single...

And I can't find a job to save my life lol...

Doing well...

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #715
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Wait, what? How'd you become single?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #716
Mari
Elf Lady

*puts on astronaut suit before hugging Earn* (Sorry, not taking any chances >_<) I DEMAND they leave the building! There. That should've impressed them.

*takes of the suit and hugs Empress*
I hope you'll find a job soon at least. Have you tried jobs further away from home? And yeah, what happened? Do you want to talk about it?

Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #717
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

It's kind of a long story, and I don't even really understand it... just... last week, he ended things...

No good reason... said he just couldn't cope with being anything other than friends...

Not even entirely sure where that came from...

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #718
Mari
Elf Lady

*hugs*

Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #719
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
It's kind of a long story, and I don't even really understand it... just... last week, he ended things...

No good reason... said he just couldn't cope with being anything other than friends...

Not even entirely sure where that came from...
I'm sorry to hear that EF.. break-ups suck

Hope everything will be alright with you=)

If you don't like Men right now you can have a go at me in the Teacup Cafe Just don't kick the groin.. off-limits.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #720
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Thank you for the hug, Mari ^^

And lol, ty CH... I'm okay with men in general, so your body is safe lol.. no worries... you won't have any unexplained bruises for now..

Closed Thread