Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #701
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Okay, I will try and post this afternoon. I probably won't be able to get on until Thursday evening after today, but I will do my best.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #702
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I started to write Viv's meeting with her Captain, but my character is just as nervous as I am about writing the exchange. So, I wrote that Lady Gordis is going to join Viv, and help her explain - hopefully. Gor? A little help here, please? I am so trepidatious about writing any sort of dialogue for the Morgul Lord! Plus I don't know how to write this scene. HELP!!!
I did what I could, Lotesse. But you won't wriggle out of it entirely. Now you have to continue.

Needless to say, I am ready to edit whatever you like.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #703
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Great post, Gordie!
So he didn't tell them about Lilly? And they were too shy to ask?

Lotesse, I eagerly await the continuation!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #704
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Sapthan has just posted; he is now an even more suspicious man.

Udu will be quiet until TD and Serenoli catch up. Udu is eagerly looking forward to having a guest in the "meditation room."
Old 02-13-2006, 12:26 AM   #705
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I did what I could, Lotesse. But you won't wriggle out of it entirely. Now you have to continue.

Needless to say, I am ready to edit whatever you like.
Thank you so much, Gordis! Wonderful post; I especially like how Aiwendis joins them and puts an assuring arm over Viv's shoulders. It helped Vivvie a great deal, to be sure. Once Gordis got there, Viv was a lot calmer, so I don't think Viv would still be feeling weirded out anymore at the end, even though the Captain sounded like he already knew what was going on with Lil. Viv'll take it for granted that he knows what's best, and she knows that if HE knows what's going on, and has approved something, or whatever, that Lilly, albeit perhaps suffering or something, is still - at the end of the day - in "good" hands. Because he's not going to destroy one of the Nine! Punish maybe, but not destroy, right? So once Gordis gets there, Viv's already almost completely assured again. Deferential, and serious, but not nervous anymore - thanks, big sister Gordie! Now I gotta write Viv reporting her progress with Ray.

Udu - Cool post! Sapthan is very interesting; I find that character very compelling to read. I'm always intrigued by what Sapthan is going to do or say next, or what might make him tick. He's so interesting.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #706
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I know how you mean, very unpredictable, and highly interesting. Good going, Udu!

Gordis, excellent post. Now I'm waiting impatiently for Lotesse, and for TD, they're both bound to be interesting.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-13-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #707
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, CS, Lotesse, thanks for approving my post.

Lotesse, I have edited the end. Viv is composed again. If you want, I can edit more.

Udu, great follow-up on Sapthan.

It looks like our TD is away till Thursday (look above), perhaps Serenoli or Udu could describe the nazgul talk before Lilly arrives?

Earniel, what about rescuing our unhappy frog? He will catch cold there in my fountain waiting for you!

LMM, considering Sapthan's red alert mode now, could Mahtaliel have "a not a very good idea" to come to the Library uninvited, using her spare keys - to check some book - and meet the over-vigilant Sapthan?
Just an idea, take it or drop it.

Shah, what about the patrol?

And Val, will you ever come out into the open?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #708
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gordis, thanx 4 the edit. I forgot to mention, too, that I wouldn't have had her in tears - she never cries. It'll be a big, huge deal when and if she ever sheds a tear in front of another being - she's not a cryer. And she's never nervous or scared either - it's ONLY the Morgul Lord who can get her nervous - nervous, not scared. But her nerves were put right when Aiwendis came upstairs & joined her. She hadn't been prepared for a private audience with him, that's why at first she was nervous in his presence.

It's just very important to me that this character of mine has a well-established emotional makeup, so that when she does and says certain things in the course of the story's progress, it will make sense. Her actions and her interior landscape have to synchronise, you know? And I know you must feel the same way about your Morgul Lord, which is why I am always so hesitant to write ANY dialogue or response for him. I am unsure of what his motivation is, emotionally - what his character is like, inside, you know? Like what made him happy or sad back when he was human, or what his parents were like, or his first true love, or what fills him with hatred, or what repulses him, etcetera etcetera etcetera. He's just this impassive steel blank wall, who only wants the Ring. What else makes him him? He is VERY hard to write for. Plus, YOU are very hard to write for! You're very exacting, and I always get worried that you will not like what I've written, you know? But at least I try!

Well anyway.

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-13-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #709
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
LMM, considering Sapthan's red alert mode now, could Mahtaliel have "a not a very good idea" to come to the Library uninvited, using her spare keys - to check some book - and meet the over-vigilant Sapthan?
Maybe in the future. At the moment she's in her own 'alert' mode. She's not budging from the top of the walls until she gets the message Shah sent via Balckwing. Which is why I haven't been posting... I'm waiting for the rest of you to get caught up, since my last post was set at dawn on thursday and the rest of the storyline is still on wednsday evening.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #710
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Udu - Cool post! Sapthan is very interesting; I find that character very compelling to read. I'm always intrigued by what Sapthan is going to do or say next, or what might make him tick. He's so interesting.
Lotesse,

Glad you liked Sapthan. He will be back from time to time. I am a little undecided about what he will be up to next.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #711
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
It looks like our TD is away till Thursday (look above), perhaps Serenoli or Udu could describe the nazgul talk before Lilly arrives?
Gordis, I have described the Nazgul meeting. I am always uncertain about writing about other people's characters, so Serenoli and TD, let me know about any edits. I think it is about time for Lilly to make an appearance.

I am glad that Sapthan has met a good response. Never know what that Black Numenorean will do next.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #712
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Patrol is on the backburner. I.E, I have real life work to do..
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #713
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I've decided to come back after a week-plus break and lots of encouraging conversations. I had some great discussions with some of you guys and it helped me to see some different POV's, so I decided to give it another try and see if I have some more story left to tell. I've been following the thread and enjoying it - very good writing, you guys!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #714
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I thought you'd come back...Elven skivies? In the nudey pants you mean?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #715
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

No, just underclothing that one can swim in. Sorry, no skinnydipping this time!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #716
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, I've seen skivies used as "nude" as well. Just clarifying. I thought that would be very forward, considering the state of relationships between Rian and Mr. Mope.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #717
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I am glad you've come back to the RPG, Rian; we definitely have been lacking lately in the "good guys" scenes. It's a nice breath of fresh Elven air to read your angsty elfie posts - and some of us Nazzies, like Viv, are jealous that you elves get to splash around in water. We take baths, but we definitely don't get to enjoy water like elves and humans do. Nice post, Rian.

Udu - that was an awesome new post! I really loved all the dialogue; I hope TD and Serenoli approve it because it was spot-on, at least that's what I think. I loved the gleam in Khamul's eye, and Tatyana is cute, too, with her kneeling, eastern-style. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her unfold; she sounds cool.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #718
Rían

LOL! "Mr. Mope"

He's already much more cheerful ... even Elven skivvies, um, well, somewhat, you know ... (but not as much as regular skivvies)

EDIT - thanks, Lotesse, and I'll try my hardest to not get uber-defensive You guys just set off the "uber defensive" alarm when you see me getting that way, OK?

Good point about the water - I feel sorry for you poor Nazguls *thinks of Bilbo's wonderful bath song*

Last edited by Rían : 02-13-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #719
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Udu - that was an awesome new post! I really loved all the dialogue; I hope TD and Serenoli approve it because it was spot-on, at least that's what I think. I loved the gleam in Khamul's eye, and Tatyana is cute, too, with her kneeling, eastern-style. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her unfold; she sounds cool.
Lotesse, glad you liked it. I just wasn't sure if TD and Serenoli would approve. Glad you like Tatyana. Although she has an elf name for this story, she is from Khand, and, of course, knows the native dances.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #720
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Rian, glad to see you are back and posting again. You were missed around here. Welcome back.
Closed Thread