Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 03:22 PM   #701
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

TD, Excellent post! Really you write better and better. I am so glad you have taken Azrabel. And very sensible man he is!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #702
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

nice post TD!

I'm sure the father of the MM's is constantly trying to get them to think a bit more!

liked it.

Gor:

Quote:
a large, balding, portly man
Quote:
was a big ugly dog
balding???

Ugly dog???

any use of 'old' in barli's case is as in 'good old ...' not as in 'old' like Bumble

I know CS asked for a description of watson that i haven't done yet ...but ugly certainly wasn't mentioned! (je ne's komprende )

what do you mean by cheerful muzzle?

blimey!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #703
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

HE-he-he, BB!
Don't get pissed. I somehow felt you might not like it. So, please, describe Barliman, as you see fit, as well as his dog, and I shall include it. Right?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #704
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

or exclude it right? as the case may be!

but please do not hang around waiting for me to post a bio .... don't let me stop you ...

nay, not for me to slow you down in any way making any changes you might deem fit!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:46 PM   #705
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Shah, Uhm... The Evil Cartographer had re-read your great post 476.
And sorry, there is a problem.

"Knowing that this was his morning shift on the northern part of the wall, Marty looked for him, and found him close to one of the guard towers..."

And then you talk about Nin-in Eilph (Swanfleet) and Elves with arrows. But Earniel's realm is EAST of Tharbad, and, what is more important, ACROSS the RIVER. One has to go South and cross the Bridge, guarded by Gondoreans, to get there. And there is no wall on the south side, the river is a natural boundary.
http://www.tuckborough.net/images/THARBAD.GIF
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/Tharbad8.jpg

So either the North wall, or the Elven arrows.

Very Evil Cartographer.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #706
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
or exclude it right? as the case may be!

but please do not hang around waiting for me to post a bio .... don't let me stop you ...

nay, not for me to slow you down in any way making any changes you might deem fit!
I would be glad to understand what you have written, but I can't. So I take away "ugly" and "balding" and that's it. If you want more, please, explain it better.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:56 PM   #707
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
So I take away "ugly" and "balding" and that's it
yup.

the rest? well you cleverly implied you'd change as and when i ever managed a charcater bio or some such description ... stunningly fiendishly clever ploy ..it made me smile! ... the ball thus in my court.... fiendish i say!

so i just meant ...heh, don't let me stop you excluding any description that may not be apt!

far be it from me to hold you up with any editing you might decide on ...

best BB

*reason for edit: editing the word 'editing'

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-16-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:06 PM   #708
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Shah, Uhm... The Evil Cartographer had re-read your great post 476.
And sorry, there is a problem.

"Knowing that this was his morning shift on the northern part of the wall, Marty looked for him, and found him close to one of the guard towers..."

And then you talk about Nin-in Eilph (Swanfleet) and Elves with arrows. But Earniel's realm is EAST of Tharbad, and, what is more important, ACROSS the RIVER. One has to go South and cross the Bridge, guarded by Gondoreans, to get there. And there is no wall on the south side, the river is a natural boundary.
http://www.tuckborough.net/images/THARBAD.GIF
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/Tharbad8.jpg

So either the North wall, or the Elven arrows.

Very Evil Cartographer.
Hmm, then perhaps the map i read was off a bit. Ah well, google isnt always to be trusted. *looks at your map* WAY off. Will change it.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 11-16-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #709
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
But still, don't you think that the regulation against "borrowing" avatars right here on the Moot should be added to Entmoot rules? It will save newbies from making this blunder. Another good thing would be to post links to some good avatar collections.
If you feel it is important enough, make a thread about it in the Feedback Forum. That way the other mods and admins can see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
and I was really tempted to write a slash scene at the end of the post, since it is SOOOO not them!, but resisted
*applies liberal quantities of mind bleach*

Quote:
Ach, how many times I've gone in the wrong about this myself! I keep thinking "North" each time. 's probably because on most maps you don't see on which side of the river Tharbad is and I always get the idea that since Nîn-In-Eilph lies up-river it must be in the north. Mislocating my own realm... Tsssk... How embarassing...
Old 11-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #710
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Nice post, Eärniel ( "old friends" ) Let me know if you want to do anything else with that scene. I need to take them to town when you're done.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:14 PM   #711
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

No inspiration left for the moment, they're all yours.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #712
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, for CS and Gor, here is a picture link for watson .... i discounted all the hounds in deer stalker hats and those with pipes too, any with magnifying glasses were a definate no-no ....

special thanks to the drawer of this (whoever he/she is) S.Mcbride for this wonderful picture .... the best i could see for "Watson"

here's the link:

http://www.smcb.com/Artwork/Pictures/HoundDog.jpg

i liked the noble bearing but mainly the wise, friendly and very much alive eyes...

there was also a pic on this site of a woman kissing what could have been a "liger" (kinda)

i'll see if i can post a link to it in the teacup cafe ....

... oh my god! ... have i gone an' got lotesse-itis? ... posting numerous pictures of animals? .. i can feel the addiction coming on ....

btw ...you feeling any better lotesse? Shah?

... mind you there is another dog here called the watch dog! ... kinda good too ...whaddya reckon??

http://www.smcb.com/Artwork/Pictures/WatchDog.jpg

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-16-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #713
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, wonderful pics! The eyes are really lovely, esp. in the second picture.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #714
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"It is him, the stable-boy! I have known it from the start! T’was him as was with Zimra last night, t’was him as made her drink, and lied about it! He murdered her as sure as if he pushed her down hisself!" - Gordis

Gordis, outstanding! I really enjoyed this post.

TD, I am glad you took on another character. Arzabel will be a real asset.

BB and Serenoli, if you think that the professors were too gluttonous, let me know and I will change the post.

Nice posts, everyone.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #715
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Thanks Udu. Just let me know if I obstuct your plans with the MM's. Have started writing my Khamûl post, and should have it up tomorrow.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #716
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

BB, I love your handsome Watson dog! He's lovely.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-16-2005, 08:30 PM   #717
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
"It is him, the stable-boy! I have known it from the start! T’was him as was with Zimra last night, t’was him as made her drink, and lied about it! He murdered her as sure as if he pushed her down hisself!" - Gordis

Gordis, outstanding! I really enjoyed this post.

TD, I am glad you took on another character. Arzabel will be a real asset.

BB and Serenoli, if you think that the professors were too gluttonous, let me know and I will change the post.

Nice posts, everyone.

No, i loved it, especially the "light lunch"

but ...we must put this drinking challenge to the test ... don't be too long away shopping!

well, yes gor's post was good ... if you can see past the ugly dog and balding parts ....

I am actually very torn between the two dogs now ... the second one, the watch dog is really growing on me .. i think watson will be the hound and the watch Dog, (the second one that rian likes) "hercule" , will be the ..er .. watch's dog ... so he'll also be Captain shah's and elmir Phudd's too.

His nickname is 'snoozy'.

he was found stray, snoozing by an inn, a half eaten bone laying beside him, so naturally he was took in and was adopted by the watch, where he honed his skills to perfection in the noble watch traditions of snoozing, taking a breather, eating and drinking ... he has a fondness, as does Watson, for brandy mixed with warm milk...
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #718
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Thanks Udu. Just let me know if I obstuct your plans with the MM's. Have started writing my Khamûl post, and should have it up tomorrow.
TD, no, you are not obstructing my plains in any way with the MM's. I consider them as "public" characters, and anyone can involve them in a plot. Udu is mainly interested in them because they seem to know everything that is going on in the city and are good sources of information.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #719
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

All, Nice posts, very interesting to read indeed.

Thanks for the compliment, Udu.
I think it is time for "good" characters to start having problems of their own, distructing them somewhat from their romantic pursuits.
BB, great dogs links, but I definitely prefer the hound to the second one.
Re: balding. Cool down,Barliman! Do you want "a great unruly mane of curls" in compensation?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #720
Rían

Oh, you men and shopping - honestly!

Glad you have your avvy back, Gordis

re "problems" - I made it harder for Arastud on purpose when I sent him out for a lonely walk near dawn ... I wonder what will happen to the poor guy?

Closed Thread