Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #701
katya
Elven Maiden

I am happy because I finished that crazy crossword puzzle! Between that and the riddles in the dark thing from so long ago, I think I`ll be lucky if I live to 20. I thought I was gonna die from the crossword puzzle, really.

Also, because I am getting back into writing my story mood. I was reading through what`s done so far to refresh my memory, and I came across this. It was just stuck right into the story. I must`ve just written it on the spur of the moment.
Notes: What it takes to be a writer. Never stop writing. If you can't think of anything to write, write it anyway. You will have to get rid of your outside life or sleep. Your choice. If you're hungry, eat your rough draft. It'll save you the trouble of taking a break to throw it away. Most importantly, if you spill water on yourself, pretend it never happened and keep writing.

It`s pretty stupid but it makes me happy somehow. I like the bit about spilling water on yourself and pretending it didn`t happen because that is so very me.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #702
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Got into Arts/Law at one of the best universities in the country!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #703
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I am happy because I finished that crazy crossword puzzle! Between that and the riddles in the dark thing from so long ago, I think I`ll be lucky if I live to 20. I thought I was gonna die from the crossword puzzle, really.

Also, because I am getting back into writing my story mood. I was reading through what`s done so far to refresh my memory, and I came across this. It was just stuck right into the story. I must`ve just written it on the spur of the moment.
Notes: What it takes to be a writer. Never stop writing. If you can't think of anything to write, write it anyway. You will have to get rid of your outside life or sleep. Your choice. If you're hungry, eat your rough draft. It'll save you the trouble of taking a break to throw it away. Most importantly, if you spill water on yourself, pretend it never happened and keep writing.

It`s pretty stupid but it makes me happy somehow. I like the bit about spilling water on yourself and pretending it didn`t happen because that is so very me.
Wow, that would be so easy if I didn't always have to do what other people want me to do first, no matter who it is, always want something, or are ready to interrogate me with a bunch of stupid questions.
"Can I listen to your MP3 player?" "You should watch..." "Clean your room." "You're supposed to call me." "You need to leave your phone on." "The assignment is due..." "Could you go take this briefcase to my colleague?" "Time to eat." "Turn off that CD player." "I need you to answer some questions." "Why don't you go take a nap then?" "Could you fix my computer?" "What time is your dad going to be here?" "You never said that! You said..." "Stop BSing me." "How was school?" "How's the computer running?" "How's the internet going?" "What does same as usual mean?" "How old are you?" "What grade are you in?" "Why don't you like rap?" "Why do you like to write?" "Why do you listen to classical music?" "Why are you standing here?" "Why aren't you talking to your friends?"...
Why, Sax? Why? Why? Why, Sax? Why?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #704
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i am happy because i am in a very good relationship at the moment, and i have internet back at home, and my sociology exam this morning was quite easy
Old 01-17-2006, 04:35 AM   #705
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaewen
Got into Arts/Law at one of the best universities in the country!
Nice going! Yesterday I got a phone call from the best medical university in the country (and one of the best in Europe), saying I was admitted to med school!

I've also moved into my new flat (got internet up and running just now) so there's a lot to be happy about!

[edit] Wow, today I've been a mooter for exactly 3 years.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 01-17-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #706
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Congrats, Lee and congrats Jonathan for getting into those universities! I know you'll both do great.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #707
E, LoR
Elven Warrior

congratulations Jonathan and Linaewen!! That's great!!!

Special

Let's pant the world in magic in 90 seconds!

THATS RIGHT FOLK! E, LoR's BACK!

Last edited by E, LoR : 01-17-2006 at 09:21 AM. Reason: haywire smiley!!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #708
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Nice going! Yesterday I got a phone call from the best medical university in the country (and one of the best in Europe), saying I was admitted to med school!

I've also moved into my new flat (got internet up and running just now) so there's a lot to be happy about!

[edit] Wow, today I've been a mooter for exactly 3 years.
Jättestort grattis, Jon.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #709
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i have received two offers of places at university already

so happy now
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #710
Nerdanel

that's great, chrys.. congrats!

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #711
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I am happy because my holidays are over... weird thing to say, many raised eyebrows, but I'm like Harry Potter in that respect... my holidays are usually very dull, and this time, a thousand times more than usual. For one thing, in the last few months, there have been a spate of bombing incidents here, originated by our very own ugly bearded terrorist, so my parents were reluctant for me to go anywhere outta my home. And then two of my friends were giving their o levels, and two more were vacationing outside the country... translate: dull, dull, dull!

And, now, I'm back in college, and suddenly my gloom has evaporated! I keep singing things like "What a Wondeful World"...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #712
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Well, then I join in saying weird things: I'm greatly looking forward to the start of next term in February! Looong January, and cray-zee exam period drawing to an end, at last. One more exam to go on Monday. (I hope I pass...) but even that can't ruin my happy & contented mood today. The sun is shining outside - who cares it's still cold, if there's dazzling sunlight? And I passed one of my most difficult exams with a 3 (equals to a C, I think). Happy, happy.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #713
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

looking forward to the end of exams is not that wierd... I look forward to actually giving exams, and I'm almost never nervous, and sometimes relieved because they take less time than normal classes. but, then I look forward to holidays, too. I guess I'm a perpetual 'grass is greener on the other side' kind of person!!

I am getting sunshine and cold at the same time, too! :shakes hands:

But, then I love winter, sun or not... its the only time of the year when I'm not sweating like a pig! Best is monsoon... storms, lightning, thunder and the sweetest smell in the air later... rain which clears the streets in a way nothing else can, so when you're walking with the rain pattering onto your umbrella, you feel you own the city... spring is my least favorite. its the time for colds, fevers, and uncertain weather, and cloudy skies.

I think I'm rambling, better stop my thesis on seasons! Or maybe, its just a sudden burst of poetic feeling, who knows?

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #714
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
I in the last few months, there have been a spate of bombing incidents here, originated by our very own ugly bearded terrorist, so my parents were reluctant for me to go anywhere outta my home. "...
Oh, forgvie me for forgetting, but where are you? The news I've seen hasn't shown anything but bombings in Iraq, Afgan. and Israel for the past seven days and prior to that I don't remember any being covered since before Christmas.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #715
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I think Serenoli's from Malaysia. 'Morning, everyone! I'm happy because I've been a non-smoker for 20 days now.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 01-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #716
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I thought so to but haven't heard of any such problems over that way.

How about some fresh squeezed orange juice for our non-smoker, Latte preparer

great taste is now part of your life
Old 01-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #717
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Congrats getting-into-uni-people!! Wonderful news, Jon, Lin and Chrys!

Congrats, Lotesse, and stick with it

I'm happy because I'm having dinner with my favorite sister-in-law tonight Just us two, no kiddos!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #718
Nerdanel

I'm happy because I've had a great 24 hours: and good friends can be more important than they'll ever know. A good friend took me out on a long night walk in the woods last night, this morning we went to the zoo and spent the whole day there. Then another of my friends took me to a nice show tonight..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #719
katya
Elven Maiden

i bought pizza using Japanese (that`s two happies in one!), and Ryuu-kun is so cute! \(≧∇≦)/

Also, "the dialectizer" gave me this result:
Our Father (jive)
Our Big Daddy who be in heaven, holy by yo' dojigger. Yo' kin'dom mosey on down yo' gots'ta be done on eard as it be in heaven. 'S coo', bro. And cut us dis day our daily bread, and fo'cut us our trespasses as we fo'cut dose who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptashun but deliva' us fum evil. Amen. 'S coo', bro.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #720
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

i'm happy cuz my book i've been writing in for over 3 years is FINALLY finished, and i can focus fully on the final draft!! ^_^

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Closed Thread