Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 PM   #701
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, have a wonderful Christmas, CS!!!

About my "I like exploring how people react to wounds, depending upon what their character and personality are." - I don't mean that in a sadistic or heartless way. What I mean is that I think life is a wonderful, amazing gift, and it interests me greatly, and wounds are a part of life, and there can be tremendous beauty in how people react to wounds - their own and others'. And there can also be great tragedy - which makes more opportunity for the beautiful reactions of love, courage, sympathy, kindness, strength, patience, helping one another, etc. I think that is a big theme of LOTR, and why it's so real.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #702
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ack - disappearing post beastie!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #703
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Rian: well, you can draw your own conclusions from udu's above post i feel / fear.

well, i would like them to continue: i have asked val to post for Bumble, Lotesse for Boom and i'd like Shah, if she likes to, post for barli ... and if i do return ... i promise to be cool with anything they write because i think each well suited to write for them.

Gor has replied civilly to me and i will pm when i get a mo and make my best wishes and goodbyes to her : because i have always liked and respected her - that's just a plain fact - me and lotesse have had a few arguments in our time as you know - that's just the characters we are ... but i feel it sad that udu cannot - i have no reason to dislike him - quite the opposite in fact - but his continued and blatant frozen wall of silence makes it impossible for me here - you know i can be a tad fiery on occasion - though always fair afterwards in the main - what he doesn't seem to realize that things go two ways and i felt insulted and angry too - but sulking and being rude do not help matters.

anyway - like i said before- i'd just like to leave on good terms with all and that includes udu, who i have liked since he first posted in the welcome thread

if that is too much, then i leave it up to all your minds what to think - if not ... then it would go down well and be much appreciated

but it's a bit beyond a joke now, to be fair.

Well, i better go Pm Gor before i forget or something comes up ...

best all, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-20-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #704
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Cold-shouldering and the snobbish freezing out of people deliberately and icily is, to me, very tactless and mean and boorish, and completely lacks class. That is my personal opinion on the matter of ignoring people, in general. I think it stinks.

Crazy Squirrel, I'm glad you put our two girls at breakfast - I was thinking up the same setting last night! To have them chat at brekkies. I'll get to my reply-post a bit later on this evening. Vivvie will certainly TRY to talk some sense into Lilly, because she REALLY worries about her and can see only too well how deep Lil's digging herself with the boys, but like you say, I doubt it'll do much good!

Butterbeer, I DO wish you'd stay in the RPG!! Please think about staying, yes?

Grey Wolf, so I'm so curious; who is the lone rider? Is it supposed to be Tyaron? Very mysterious, I like it! And what's up with your darkside-leaning animals, because I think soon I'm gonna bring Vivvie out to meet up with some of them, via Lomi and the owl connection.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-20-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #705
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well it's not really the rpg - i am (at very least) taking a break from the moot in general - btw if if comes across as that (i.e. rpg based) ref the silly argument here: that is not right, though it was a small factor; but no .. i have far too much going on in my life just now ... and the moot no longer seems quite the friendly open posting and discussing place it was (though there are many friendly people, indeed ) .... an amalgimation of things rather than any one ... call it a sign if you will

and then i decided to hold on till christmas since it was a natural break anyway ... and i just rather niavely thought it would be nice to share an entmoot christmas and leave on good terms...

i really will try and post bumble's first class before thurs / fri when i shoot off ... actually i was going to enforce some commerce homework too - must be less than 20 words was going to be the rule - once a week - so, what, less than 20 words a month??? ... i was going to be VERY strict about it though!

Western philosophy would have been a hoot, too - well, we'll never know who won the tortoise race and the pie throwing contest ....

i leave you full scope lotesse on the mysterious call that they all (bar the chancellor) answered ... if you wish to develop that or not?? ... no conferring though ... all this pm'ing plots and stories between posters is i feel a cancer for the game ... this is what the disc thread is for ...

anyways, thanks fot the thought.

yours, BB
Old 12-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #706
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I just don't know about this "mysterious call" thing, BB. I was never into the idea that a mystery butterfly could have the power to summon Sauron's Nine; it seems very far-fetched to me as to be nigh impossible. I never quite understood your mysterious call thing. I mean, how would that even be possible? Please explain, I am quite confused... Plus, do you have a full biography profile for Beautiful Boomerang, and some characteristics & agenda for him, so that I can know how to steer that little character when the time comes?

Old 12-21-2005, 01:26 AM   #707
Rían

Very nice post, Lotesse - very visual, and lots of tie-ins with objects and moods - very enjoyable read!

Old 12-21-2005, 01:41 AM   #708
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thank you VEry much!! I have not finished it yet; must still edit-to-add for our Nazgirl conversation...

Old 12-21-2005, 02:01 AM   #709
Rían

oh, OK, I'll be sure to check in on it tomorrow. I like the Viv/Lilly conversations! (and I love Viv's wardrobe!)

Old 12-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #710
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Grey Wolf, so I'm so curious; who is the lone rider? Is it supposed to be Tyaron? Very mysterious, I like it! And what's up with your darkside-leaning animals, because I think soon I'm gonna bring Vivvie out to meet up with some of them, via Lomi and the owl connection.
Yes, it's supposed to be Tyaron. And the spirits possessing the wolves couldn't know who he was so I described him as a lone rider. And now that Tyaron has dispelled the wolves they are back to normal. And not wickedly attacking lone riders.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #711
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Cold-shouldering and the snobbish freezing out of people deliberately and icily is, to me, very tactless and mean and boorish, and completely lacks class. That is my personal opinion on the matter of ignoring people, in general. I think it stinks.
That's true. However, it can also be a mistake. I don't know anything about whether Udu really has been actively ignoring Butterbeer or not in this case. I'm just mentioning that it can be a mistake, though, because when I first met Tessar and roleplayed with him, he thought that I was deliberately freezing him out. He thought I was intentionally ignoring him, and so took a great deal of offense, when I had never intended to leave that kind of impression. It was an error which thankfully was cleared up and left us very good friends.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #712
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
I just don't know about this "mysterious call" thing, BB. I was never into the idea that a mystery butterfly could have the power to summon Sauron's Nine; it seems very far-fetched to me as to be nigh impossible. I never quite understood your mysterious call thing. I mean, how would that even be possible? Please explain, I am quite confused... Plus, do you have a full biography profile for Beautiful Boomerang, and some characteristics & agenda for him, so that I can know how to steer that little character when the time comes?

...well it worked!

i'd just go with the mystery angle if i were you ...

Quote:
Lief: That's true. However, it can also be a mistake. I don't know anything about whether Udu really has been actively ignoring Butterbeer or not in this case. I'm just mentioning that it can be a mistake, though, because when I first met Tessar and roleplayed with him, he thought that I was deliberately freezing him out. He thought I was intentionally ignoring him, and so took a great deal of offense, when I had never intended to leave that kind of impression. It was an error which thankfully was cleared up and left us very good friends.
yes, Lief, could well be .. i take an open mind on these things - but it's pretty clear, now, for udu to at least know if he remains silent, then it is to cause offence - and if that isn't his position, then it's also pretty clear : it's very simple to not cold shoulder me - not really hard to do either way - so we can but wait and see....

but i agree - it's best to have these things out and clear the air, rather than let things build up, as you and Tessar obviously did to both your benefits
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #713
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Butterbeer,

May I politely remind you that this thread is a Discussion thread of a GAME. It is not meant to voice your personal opinion about other people's behaviour.
First you used it to discuss mine, now Udu's!

Neither is this thread meant for accusations. And the "discussion of behaviour" in a thread where people are PROHIBITED to argue, where people DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE for fear of closing the whole game with 14 (!) players in it, makes all the accusations necessarily one-sided.

As for me, I am grateful that after 2 public accusatory posts, directed against me, you finally decided to PM me. And it was a nice friendly PM, that now I logged in to answer. (Sorry, had no time yesterday). Why not be as polite to Udu, as you were with me, if you have some unresolved issues with him?

Regards,
Gordis
Old 12-21-2005, 04:43 PM   #714
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Gor i don't really have any issues with him: i am just trying to go on good terms: yet he keeps blanking me here in public... what is so hard for him to be civil as you and i are?

who's a arguing? (said Tom - or at least Bill thought it sounded like Tom)

what are we a bunch of trolls?

you made some thinly veiled barbs and asides at me here that are pretty obvious - and never pm'd me if you had any issue, so lets just be fair and even handed on that one.

anyway, let's not go back down that road.

I'm off on friday and as i keep reapeating it would be nice to leave on good terms - and that includes UDU.

why then cannot udu be as polite as i am trying to be to him?

anyway, i look forward to your PM, Gordis

best BB
Old 12-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #715
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB, what did you think of my latest post? (fishing, fishing )

Old 12-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #716
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sorry, i havent read any of the rpg for a while now - i need to catch up ... *sigh*
Old 12-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #717
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
you made some thinly veiled barbs and asides at me here that are pretty obvious - and never pm'd me if you had any issue, so lets just be fair and even handed on that one.
Let's just say we've all done it, OK? None of us have been blameless in these personal confrontations. Now can we just drop it, please, and take any further personal discussions to PM?

Personally, I don't see anything that Udu did wrong, but if you do, then please PM him. If he doesn't want to discuss personal issues on a public thread, then that's certainly his choice - I don't blame him.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #718
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

aha, so the third troll has turned up .... *looks around for gandalf trying not to laugh and speaking through his hands, looking up occasionaly at the sky*

Ri - i believe the phrase was - can we not just leave it - not go into it all again.

i have just said again and again it'd be nice to leave on good terms- is that a bad thing?

apparently ignoring and blanking someone, is just rude - and he does it here not via pm.

but anyway as lief said maybe that is not the intention at all - in which case a simple hello or whatever would prove it wrong - but it is obvious to all reading this thread - that's how it looks.

all i am asking is for is peace on earth - is that such a hard thing?

...don't answer that!

c'mon Udu - stop messing around and make peace! it's christmas -

*starts singing carols*

"the holly and the Ivy,
when they are both full grown ...
of aa-all the trees that are in the wood the-e holl-eey bears the crown ....

and the jumping of the deer ..."

"good king wenselesass lokked down ....

on the feast of stephen ..."

"oh come all ye gentlemen,...
... all ye of good cheer ..."

* starts swinging a berry strewn lantern around...*
Old 12-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #719
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB, not to sound rude or anything, but can you please participate in our RPG if you're going to, and read it, and write in it, and comment in this thread about what we've written or what you're going to write or stuff like that, instead of going on and on about being miffed at mooters who might be throwing you a cold shoulder? If they bug you that bad, just ignore them back, or PM them, or whatever.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #720
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

fair comment.

was just trying to make peace ... why is it when i try to do good or have good intentions it always seems to backfire?

ok ..that's another best NOT answered i guess.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-21-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread