Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #701
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Earniel, I'm afraid you underestimate a Nazgul's capacity to commit murder without a winess around. No one would ever see it coming, or going. Plus, if you'll notice, Viv's only staying in the cellar for 5 minutes, just long enough to have her drink and eavesdrop on Earniel & Rian upstairs in the kitchen.

It's bad form for Viv to kill the widow, yes, but it is also bad form for the widow to show up unannounced and uninvited.

I wholeheartedly agree that it's cool to have a paparazzi-type outside, interviewing the comers- and goers. I suggested this several times, as did CS.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-21-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:39 PM   #702
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

why should i have to change my character every time?
why should my character not be able to rpg like everyone else?

why must i have to sneek around this rpg because lotesse has a thing about reporters? .. even though i have assured her ... old mrs w means no harm?

yes, i agree earniel, it is bad form.

Lotesse: i have already given you my goddamn bloddy word she means the nazgul no harm!

you calling me a liar now?

if the character ever got a chance to develop on an even and fair basis like every other character here you'd find that out!

she only came up in the first place to help shah's characters into the game and write a nice peice for them!
and yes, she is a lovely old widow ... not some gutter press!

strewth!

*hand me a pill someone!*

best to you lotesse .... at least have a think about it!

blimey o'reilly

Earniel ...will edit the hair thing.

CS thanks for being cool and trying to moderate ... but it really does mean my character cannot really fully take part y'know?

c'mon lotesse ... be fair! (be out of nazgul character here) and in-character in real life ! ... that's the nice loveable you i'm talking about!

... heh, doc's pills are GOOD!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #703
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Please, don't get nervous!
(opens a big pack of slow-down pills and an enormous bottle of Vala-riana tincture, the herb of the Valar).

Just let it drop, OK??? Please!

I am off to bed.

Earniel, would you like to post your talk with Rian now? I can always edit my last post, if needed.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #704
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

nervous?

heh, this whole thing is just silly!

but there is a serious rpg point here: we should all try and have respect for open gaming and other's characters without threatening to kill them. or effectively limiting what they can possibly write about or who they can and can't interact with

especially when that character's player has assured the other rpger that that character WILL NOT cause any problems!

btw if she did mysteriously die i guarantee every reporter ( a lot WILL turn up ... call me pyschic ... will be on the case .... )

anyway, i don't want to fall out over this ...

thanks again CS!

*tries tickling Lotesse*

P.S Crazy squirrel : DO you like being tickled? never did hear back on that!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:54 PM   #705
CrazySquirrel

Yes I do, especially behind the ears...Mmmmm...yessss, and the back, please...
Old 09-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #706
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Night all!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #707
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
you calling me a liar now?

!
That's a nasty, childish little poke, BB. Not very nice at all, preciousss, but I forgive U! Anyway...

Everyone: Please see posts #46, #55, and #56 in the rpg.

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-22-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:22 PM   #708
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Alrighty then, I have decided to be mature about this silliness, and if the widow wants to come, that's great, but only by way of Marty & Ray, who are quite gentlemanly to older women, and whom she will have run into on their walk over to Orrodel. Is this o.k. with the other Nazgul of the house - CS, TD, Gordis and Grey Wolf (btw, where've you been lately GW )?Perhaps the boys will invite her along, knowing who she is socially and all, and being aware of her connexions with their King. And Viv will be ladylike, Vi prometto. She'll be on her best behavior. She won't steal from the guests, and she won't murder anyone. Please try not and let this old reporter get overtly gossipy and too snoopy, though, please? We are really short on nazgul, and before we know it us baddies will be out-gunned by the goodies; in fact, really we already are. We're in a lot less of a safe spot than all the goodies, being in Tharbad surrounded by elves and kingsmen and all, so... I'm only trying to look out for our Nazgul best interests. No hard feelings, 'k?

Here -
http://www.flubu.com/comics/ch890105.gif

Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 AM   #709
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Saw your post, Rian -very nice! Since Rian is entering the cellar, I'll go back & edit out the part where I had Viv lock herself in. BTW, the wine cellar locks with a deadbolt from the inside, so a key won't unlock it if someone's in there looking for alone time. Anyway - Then, when Rian goes into the cellar, Viv'll be invisible, but Rian'll feel that ghost-effect like you had there, which was nice.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 AM   #710
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Fun posts, guys!!!

Lotesse - I liked your little opening for Vivvy to hear some juicy tidbits of conversation from those awful, stinky elves I'm leaving it vague for now, because I'm too tired for details, but I edited my post and had them discuss some stuff that Viv might be familiar with (we can decide later ) before rpg-Rian goes to the cellar. Please let me know of any other errors and I'll fix them tomorrow

I'm kinda confused about the basket and CS's post - did Lilly go to the cellar, too? and did she take the basket up? or does rpg-Rian need to do that? Or did CS mean Viv? I thought Lilly was busy upstairs .... Let me know, and I'll change things as needed.

(btw, I was thinking of rpg-Rian accidentally showing some of the (small) treasures she was able to carry out of Gondolin - I love Viv's little, um, habit )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-22-2005 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:04 AM   #711
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Rian! CS and I accidentally cross-posted a couple times this afternoon; that's why the odd thing with the basket. Ah, well. I'm way tired too - see you all tomorrow.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:01 AM   #712
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I start the party? Very well, I'll start the party. Soon. Later on, in a little while. You know, it's just a "come as you are" klinda thing; there are no hard 'n fast rules or anything. Anybody who wants to start writing whatever they feel like, please do! I don't mean to hold anyone up, but I have a feeling I may have done just that by bringing up the party idea in between Chancellor meetings. Zut alors!
So 'Anybody' means Anybody does it?

Quote:
Anybody who wants to start writing whatever they feel like, please do! I don't mean to hold anyone up,
whatever they feel like, eh?

... i don't want to hold anyone up, eh?

and yes i have seen the post numbers you refer to? SO? in one old mrs w looks through a window (oh my god!)

then ray talks to her at the door (o.k. if you are implying they all magically know she is a reporter because they have super hearing: then write that in there: otherwise it makes no sense: unless they are ALL telepathic as all our fellow rpg readers would have to be too!

third one she gets told to F'off with some rubbish about courses that isn't even accurate...

so, lets see your objection is you don't want a "reporter" cus she may stir some sort of trouble (despite my word to you she won't) or blow your cover YET you yourself then make her very suspicoous by messing with her mind, feeding her false course information ... and making her WONDER about the oddness of the house and it's occupents?????

now it really makes sense:

1) heh everybodys invited
2) write whatever you want
3) don't let me hold anyone up
4) don't want any attention so we make her supicious first off (your words NOT mine) and then threaten to kill her at a party ... without the rpg players consent

and you wonder what i am on about?

blimey o reilly.

and that wasn't either childish or a poke, was just a question: i had assured you privately old mrs W would not cause you any problems: therefore what objection should you have to her ... unless you do not believe me?

seems a fair question to be honest, o dearest lotesse.

To be fair i am not sure now old mrs W is in a party mood: it seems i am not welcome to rpg here without conditions, threats to my characters and apparent ill will ...

EDIT:
liked the cartoon though ( i am Tigger though aren't I? )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-22-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:29 AM   #713
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Alrighty then, I have decided to be mature about this silliness, and if the widow wants to come, that's great, but only by way of Marty & Ray, who are quite gentlemanly to older women, and whom she will have run into on their walk over to Orrodel. Is this o.k. with the other Nazgul of the house - CS, TD, Gordis and Grey Wolf (btw, where've you been lately GW )?Perhaps the boys will invite her along, knowing who she is socially and all, and being aware of her connexions with their King. And Viv will be ladylike, Vi prometto. She'll be on her best behavior. She won't steal from the guests, and she won't murder anyone. Please try not and let this old reporter get overtly gossipy and too snoopy, though, please? We are really short on nazgul, and before we know it us baddies will be out-gunned by the goodies; in fact, really we already are. We're in a lot less of a safe spot than all the goodies, being in Tharbad surrounded by elves and kingsmen and all, so... I'm only trying to look out for our Nazgul best interests. No hard feelings, 'k?

Here -
http://www.flubu.com/comics/ch890105.gif
A very reasonable post, Lotesse.

We must try to be MATURE. It applies to everyone here.

BB, you are free to play all your characters as you see fit. Nobody prevents you from doing it.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #714
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
...Perhaps the boys will invite her along, knowing who she is socially and all, and being aware of her connexions with their King...

Uh-oh - did I miss something in the 36-odd pages of this thread? Or did I miss something in the actual game thread (admittedly, there were some times I got on and LOTS of new posts had been added - and I only had time to scan)?

Can someone refer me to a post #?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #715
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
A very reasonable post, Lotesse.

We must try to be MATURE. It applies to everyone here.

BB, you are free to play all your characters as you see fit. Nobody prevents you from doing it.

have you read this thread, or just the last post?

i'd say the death of your character does prevent you doing it. and it certainly isn't free! Even now i have conditions applied ... only if chaperoned by marty and ray (and lotesse knows shah isn't feeling well)

i have been more than reasonable about this.

Lotesse:
as regards looking out for the nazgul characters .. what the hell do you think the old widow is supposed to be doing? haven't i made that clear numerous times??? excuse me which side am i on then? you not clear? yet you still refuse to beleive me: is there a reason for this???

Valandil:

haven't a clue either. Ray has only met the old woman once and that very briefly .. and he was hardly kind to her then ... didn't help her out or WONDER why these mysterious new people would act so strangely or why they were being so mean to a dear old lady.

she does know the tharbad society .. but you are reasonably new down here.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 AM   #716
CrazySquirrel

Rian and Lotesse, I have changed posts 228 and 231 to fit the story better. Please, have a look.

TD, please, have a look at No. 231!!!

VALANDIL, GREAT POST.
I am sorry you are not coming!
Why you call Chancellor a MISTER?, though? He is a LORD!!!

AND LET US FORGET THIS BLASTED QUARREL!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 AM   #717
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
...VALANDIL, GREAT POST.
I am sorry you are not coming!
Why you call Chancellor a MISTER?, though? He is a LORD!!!

AND LET US FORGET THIS BLASTED QUARREL!!!!!
Thank you.

Actually - one reason it would be nice to not have to keep up here for a week or so - I've promised Rosie Gamgee to help her either advance - or maybe even wrap up - another RPG... "The Fall of Numenor" - which I have neglected for a long time.

As for the 'Mister' - this was informal chat among friends, so I thought it was OK (they'll probably end up calling him WORSE things behind his back before the semester is out ... even if he were NOT the Morgul Lord!). (EDIT: plus - Valandil might be a little more inclined to say something mockingly like this among friends - with all the pressure Oreturion is putting on him about this meeting!)

Totally agreed on that last... I sure hope this group we have is not disposed toward quarreling like this... as I could be tempted to think.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Last edited by Valandil : 09-22-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #718
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Earniel ...will edit the hair thing.
Thank you! *blows a kiss*
Old 09-22-2005, 09:00 AM   #719
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Thank you! *blows a kiss*
Is there anything I could edit for you?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 09-22-2005, 09:07 AM   #720
CrazySquirrel

Thank you, Val.

Earniel (and Rian):

I don't know what YOU feel about The Lady of Nin-in-Eilph climbing a wall to eavesdrop on mortals, but I think it ia somehow... well, degrading.

After all, what Rian has against her employers? Strange feelings, and the overheard conversation about Lilly wanting to marry Val. That's all.

It is a treachery to spy deliberately on one's employers. Rian has no reasons to do it yet, neither has Earniel.

I hope, you will not take offence at my opinion.
Closed Thread